Signing(s): Browns sign Carlos Hyde- 3yrs $15 million

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Thoughts on Hyde? I heard Shanahan isn't a fan but I don't know much about him. Is he more of a straight-line power back or does he have some open field moves, pass catching, etc? He was decent on my fantasy team last year, finished as a top 10 RB (ppr league).

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Negative to the passing game, lots of drops. Bad pass blocker.

Hard to tackle, lots of yards after 1st contact. Gets hurt often, but has lots of running ability.

Reactions: RedRenegade

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Thanks fellas. Hyde could remove Barkley from the equation for the Browns at 1.1 and 1.4

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Browns will run a tandem of Duke and Hyde I guess.

Makes for an interesting draft night anyway. They were already going to go QB at 1 obviously, but now that 4th overall pick is much more interesting to watch.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yea, I thought getting Taylor meant they would pass on a QB and take Barkley, but now all bets are off.

They could take anyone, or trade down again. I really think getting Nelson would be the smartest addition they could make.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yea, I thought getting Taylor meant they would pass on a QB and take Barkley, but now all bets are off.

They could take anyone, or trade down again. I really think getting Nelson would be the smartest addition they could make.
Taylor is essentially on a one year contract. Taylor really confirms they are taking a QB.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

See, this makes no sense. People really thought they traded for Taylor to be their QB? Especially when its a QB heavy draft and they pick #1 and #4?

Barkley is good but not good enough to be the first #1 RB pick in 20 something years.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008

I know Nelson is a great player, but the fit isn't really there with Bitonio and Zeitler already. With Joe Thomas announcing his retirement they could look for a replacement LT at some point in the first round. Besides QB, CB1 might be the biggest need so either of those positions would be in play at 1.4 or maybe more likely at a tradedown from there.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Browns will run a tandem of Duke and Hyde I guess.

Makes for an interesting draft night anyway. They were already going to go QB at 1 obviously, but now that 4th overall pick is much more interesting to watch.
This doesn't change anything at 4. If the Browns wanted Barkley he was going 1st. Barkley won't be around at 4 unless the Giants and Colts (both of whom would take Barkley) traded down.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
See, this makes no sense. People really thought they traded for Taylor to be their QB? Especially when its a QB heavy draft and they pick #1 and #4?

Barkley is good but not good enough to be the first #1 RB pick in 20 something years.

No RB should be taken #1 overall. Top 10 is even a stretch.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
This doesn't change anything at 4. If the Browns wanted Barkley he was going 1st. Barkley won't be around at 4 unless the Giants and Colts (both of whom would take Barkley) traded down.

Eli is 37. Why would they take Barkley over a franchise qb? I think they're strongly in the qb market too.

Reactions: Voight

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Browns should have just drafted Dalvin cook. I'm not sure if Hyde is much of an upgrade on Crowell.
Still $5 million per isn't bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad