WC: BRONZE: USA vs Czechs

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So where do Krejci and blumel end up? NHL? AHL? Extraliga?

Hoping AHL for jiricek and NHL for dostal

Curious if kempny gets another NHL contract? .PTO?

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Much more on GM than Quinn. You can't expect coach to win games with 4 Ds.
Vanbiesbrouck will not catch any heat for a truly head scratching way of contructng a team. Deserves the criticism. Business as usual with team USA Hockey.

So where do Krejci and blumel end up? NHL? AHL? Extraliga?

Hoping AHL for jiricek and NHL for dostal

Curious if kempny gets another NHL contract? .PTO?
Hopefully back to Boston for Krejci.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Congrats Czech! Must be great moment for Kari Jalonen aswell, winning medal in home with Czech and getting big support from crowd. Great team and great players, showed a big heart in this bronze game.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think bronze is great for us... Any good player we were missing was not a Dman. I don't think we could win a gold with that D. They all worked hard and all but they aren't a modern group of defenders at all.

So even if Voracek showed up and gave us more offence... Same D.

I'm skeptical gudas would make us a gold medalist.

Time to go streaking

Reactions: Goodman68

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This bronze definitely must be considered a success. Czech hockey desperately needed any medal. The frustration of players, coaches, experts, fans was too big after all the disappointments from previous years. Let's hope this will provide everybody a bit of space for breathing.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I think bronze is great for us... Any good player we were missing was not a Dman. I don't think we could win a gold with that D. They all worked hard and all but they aren't a modern group of defenders at all.

So even if Voracek showed up and gave us more offence... Same D.

I'm skeptical gudas would make us a gold medalist.

Time to go streaking
Agreed. Its unlikely even with Gudas against Canada or Finland, but in a one game elimination setting its certainly not impossible. Don’t think it was impossible here either but jiricek would’ve had to play like I assume he will in a couple of years.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Also i don't think there was any doubts about which team was crowd's 2nd favourite team in this tournament. Whole crowd was chanting "Tšekki" when they received medals, also next year in Tampere it's quite expected that you'll get big support from home crowd aswell.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Also i don't think there was any doubts about which team was crowd's 2nd favourite team in this tournament. Whole crowd was chanting "Tšekki" when they received medals, also next year in Tampere it's quite expected that you'll get big support from home crowd aswell.
I keep saying... Finns and Swedes are doing more for Czech hockey then Czech hockey is.lol Vrana, Pastrnak, langhammer, Dostal, Smejkal, Scotka etc.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Agreed. Its unlikely even with Gudas against Canada or Finland, but in a one game elimination setting its certainly not impossible. Don’t think it was impossible here either but jiricek would’ve had to play like I assume he will in a couple of years.
He played great and is clearly our next best D. Hronek is the hurdle he has to jump and if he can somehow push Hronek to second pair in a few years then we've got something!

We REALLY need some luck with prospects though as Gudas is aging out.

Kral, Galvas, Svozil, Jiricek, Hamara, Has, Zabransky - some of these guys have to make an NHL career for themselves.

Zboril needs to become a fulltimer and stay healthy.
Hajek is hanging on by a thread at best.

We need some full timers from these guys... luck is needed here!

Reactions: Goodman68

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
He played great and is clearly our next best D. Hronek is the hurdle he has to jump and if he can somehow push Hronek to second pair in a few years then we've got something!

We REALLY need some luck with prospects though as Gudas is aging out.

Kral, Galvas, Svozil, Jiricek, Hamara, Has, Zabransky - some of these guys have to make an NHL career for themselves.

Zboril needs to become a fulltimer and stay healthy.
Hajek is hanging on by a thread at best.

We need some full timers from these guys... luck is needed here!
Hamara and Jiricek are the two most promising. The big bruising Gudas type defenders tend to become a bit marginal.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad