GDT: Bronze Medal Game • May 15 • Czech Republic 7, Russia 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Kovalchuk is too dramatic. Wanted to give his watch to the refs. That's kind of disrespect towards the idea of gifts after the game.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Bronze is a good medal since it is always won. Nice to end the tournament with a victory. Congrats to the Czechs.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
hehe no joy for Russia last a two games, they got owned and they have how many Olympians?

Congrats Czech.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Bykov won't continue in Ufa and maybe they'll kick him after WCH from team Russia ...

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
I am very happy for this team. Sure I wish they would repeat but they didn't bring their best game against a good Sweden team.. However winning Bronze is great. Going home with a medal around their neck and once again beating the Russians is a very sweet victory.. They did it in outstanding fashion.. Will be waiting for next year for another Czech gold!!! GO CZECH!!! ;)

RusskiyHockey

Apr 5, 2008
russkiyhockey.wordpress.com
This doesn't feel as bitter as 2007 or 2010 WC. It's better that Russia **** up big time at this tournament instead of winning a routine bronze and justifying another year of B&Z. Now at least, Russia has more than two years before the Olympics to try a new coaching unit. As much as I like seeing players like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin play for our country, hopefully next year they'll be deep enough in the NHL playoffs to avoid the WC. Plenty of other players on this team need a break from the national team too.

More importantly though, Czechs got what they deserved. They looked like the best team of the whole tournament to me. Jagr now has how many medals?

obsenssive*

jagr-smile-o.gif

Jagr doesn't wear 68 for no reason. Good to see another Czech victory over the Russians.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Bronze medal > no medal

it´s as simple as that

plus it´s always great to kick the Russian´s ass in hockey for the Czechs :D (and not only them)

Exactly. We played a fantastic tournament overall. The last time we played so well was 2005. It's a shame about the semi-final, and it looks like perhaps Hadamczik really did made a mistake in benching Cervenka. Maybe he should have done it much earlier than the semi-final....who knows. But hey, who cares? We won gold last year, so I'm cool with just bronze now :) A lot of young players played well too, Pavelec is an excellent goaltender and shows much promise as our future no.1. Voracek and Frolik also played well. I'm proud of our guys because they gave me hope that we can still play some beautiful hockey (like our 5th goal today) and that there are still some young players with good potential for the future (albeit perhaps not as many as we'd like). Also great work by the coach for putting together such a good team.:handclap:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
This doesn't feel as bitter as 2007 or 2010 WC. It's better that Russia **** up big time at this tournament instead of winning a routine bronze and justifying another year of B&Z. Now at least, Russia has more than two years before the Olympics to try a new coaching unit. As much as I like seeing players like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin play for our country, hopefully next year they'll be deep enough in the NHL playoffs to avoid the WC. Plenty of other players on this team need a break from the national team too.

More importantly though, Czechs got what they deserved. They looked like the best team of the whole tournament to me. Jagr now has how many medals?

Men´s
World Championship Bronze Medal 89/90, 10/11
World Championship Gold Medal 04/05, 09/10

surprisingly, not many:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad