BronxBruin's Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
This is my first mock draft and considering I'm from NY where there's little to no hockey coverage, be nice.

1) Pittsburgh - Sidney Crosby
2) Anaheim - Jack Johnson
3) Carolina - Benoit Puliot
4) Minnesota - Bobby Ryan
5) Montreal - Gilbert Brule
6) Columbus - Marc Staal
7) Chicago - Anze Kopitar
8) Atlanta - Jack Skille
9) Ottawa - Carey Price
10) Vancouver - Luc Bourdon
11) Los Angeles - Tuuka Rask
12) San Jose - Ryan O'Marra
13) Buffalo - Marek Zagrapan
14) Washington - Ryan Parent
15) New York Islanders - Alex Bourret
16) New Yorks Rangers - Guillaume Lantendresse
17) Phoenix - Ryan Stoa
18) Nashville - Niklas Bergfors
19) Detroit - Brian Lee
20) Philadelphia - Kendal McArdle
21) Toronto - Martin Hanzal
22) Boston - Matt Lashoff
23) New Jersey - Jakub Kindl
24) St. Louis - Devin Setoguchi
25) Edmonton - Chris Durand
26) Calgary - Dan Bertram
27) Colorado - Scott Jackson
28) Dallas - Andrew Cogliano
29) Florida - Brendan Mikkelson
30) Tampa Bay - Teemu Laakso

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
BronxBruin said:
This is my first mock draft and considering I'm from NY where there's little to no hockey coverage, be nice.

1) Pittsburgh - Sidney Crosby
2) Anaheim - Jack Johnson
3) Carolina - Benoit Puliot
4) Minnesota - Bobby Ryan
5) Montreal - Gilbert Brule
6) Columbus - Marc Staal
7) Chicago - Anze Kopitar
8) Atlanta - Jack Skille
9) Ottawa - Carey Price
10) Vancouver - Luc Bourdon
11) Los Angeles - Tuuka Rask
12) San Jose - Ryan O'Marra
13) Buffalo - Marek Zagrapan
14) Washington - Ryan Parent
15) New York Islanders - Alex Bourret
16) New Yorks Rangers - Guillaume Lantendresse
17) Phoenix - Ryan Stoa
18) Nashville - Niklas Bergfors
19) Detroit - Brian Lee
20) Philadelphia - Kendal McArdle
21) Toronto - Martin Hanzal
22) Boston - Matt Lashoff
23) New Jersey - Jakub Kindl
24) St. Louis - Devin Setoguchi
26) Calgary - Dan Bertram
27) Colorado - Scott Jackson
28) Dallas - Andrew Cogliano
29) Florida - Brendan Mikkelson
30) Tampa Bay - Teemu Laakso

Highly doubt O'marra falls but I would be thrilled

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
AnThGrt said:
I'm just going to leave your lack of knowledge for the draft at the Kings picking Rask at 11 and Hanzal at 21

You get Rask. You take him and run...and stay there. :)

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Smyth2York said:

If Brendan Mikkelson is still available at #25, Edmonton will take him. He won't get by #25.
I'm certainly not sold on that. We've heard they're interested, but that's it. We've also heard they're interested in other players as well.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Ismellofhockey said:
Is a goaltender not a possibility for the Kings in this draft or is it just Rask that doesn't appeal to you with such a high pick?
Kings go by BPA and bunch of golies not one // if DT took Rask at thar time he'd die everyone here still has Storr syndrom no golies 1st round

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You'll be hard pressed to see many goalies taken in the first round anymore, under the new CBA. With free agency dropping to 27, and you won't have a real good feel for a goalie's future until 24, 25, it's too much of a gamble to keep him for 2 years.

You're right that the Kings do need a top goalie prospect, but I imagine that they will wait until the second or third round, and see who's available then.

The exception is if they feel the goalie taken in question is the best player available. With the depth at forward position, I'm guessing they'll go after a forward. Some are saying Hanzal. I hope Skille falls (but I doubt it)... but they may take another RWer and go for someone like Bergfors if they feel he's the best player available.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
King'sPawn said:
You'll be hard pressed to see many goalies taken in the first round anymore, under the new CBA. With free agency dropping to 27, and you won't have a real good feel for a goalie's future until 24, 25, it's too much of a gamble to keep him for 2 years.

That's not entirely true. If a goalie is going to be a free agent by 27, he's going to have to be in your lineup by the time he's 23. Not uncommon, but not everyone's instantly going to become a free agent at 27.

Croc

Mar 31, 2003
Australia
Visit site
I thought it was 7 years in the NHL before they was a UFA therefore the most likely result is nhl teams wll simply give 1st round goalies more development time and htting the NHL later at the age of say 22-23 thus making them FA's at the age of 29-30. I don't see NHL teams who need an elite-very good goaltending prospects shyng away from taking them 1st round. I think LA should take either Raask or Price in the 1st neither, would be a reach at 11 and it fills their biggest hole with regards to their prospect pool. Its just a question of who they are higher on both should be availible.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Seachd said:
That's not entirely true. If a goalie is going to be a free agent by 27, he's going to have to be in your lineup by the time he's 23. Not uncommon, but not everyone's instantly going to become a free agent at 27.

My bad. I thought it was either 4 years OR the age of 27. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well, the Kings could certainly take Rask then. As a Kings fan though, we are paranoid about taking goalies in the first round. We even say the "Grocery place" or the "Grocery market" just because we twitch whenever the word Store/Storr is spoken.

Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but we endured Jamie Storr for so long that I'm paranoid about taking a goalie in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna