Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
2nd round pick would be realistic and fare for all sides

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Would love to get him into the Avs system. How highly do the Canucks value him? What would his asking price be?

We value him very highly. Like unreasonably highly, as he is the brightest spot for D prospects in our system, Hughes aside.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
We value him very highly. Like unreasonably highly, as he is the brightest spot for D prospects in our system, Hughes aside.

Do you think he’d get a one-way contract his next deal? Just trying to gauge what he’ll get if he hits free agency.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Do you think he’d get a one-way contract his next deal? Just trying to gauge what he’ll get if he hits free agency.

I mean I'm hoping to see him get promoted above his current station, one way or another, and I wouldn't be shocked at a one way deal. He's looked good in his appearances with the Canucks so far, and inspite of his style of play, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a longer look over some of our weaker D this year. Our coach, uh, loves his veterans, so even a one way, 8 year deal doesn't mean we'll ever see him as a regular until Green is canned...so who knows how this plays out.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I mean I'm hoping to see him get promoted above his current station, one way or another, and I wouldn't be shocked at a one way deal. He's looked good in his appearances with the Canucks so far, and inspite of his style of play, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a longer look over some of our weaker D this year. Our coach, uh, loves his veterans, so even a one way, 8 year deal doesn't mean we'll ever see him as a regular until Green is canned...so who knows how this plays out.

Gotcha. I’m hoping the Avs are able to snag him, as his play style fits our team perfectly and pretty sure Bednar will love him. Mainly looking for an eventual Jacob MacDonald replacement (who has been absolutely fantastic for us this season). Rafferty fits that bill, as it seems many NHL coaches don’t like the style of play that MacDonald/Rafferty bring as a bottom pairing defenseman.

I’m selfishly hoping Green doesn’t give Rafferty much of a chance so he’d be tempted to look at another organization.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Gotcha. I’m hoping the Avs are able to snag him, as his play style fits our team perfectly and pretty sure Bednar will love him. Mainly looking for an eventual Jacob MacDonald replacement (who has been absolutely fantastic for us this season). Rafferty fits that bill, as it seems many NHL coaches don’t like the style of play that MacDonald/Rafferty bring as a bottom pairing defenseman.

I’m selfishly hoping Green doesn’t give Rafferty much of a chance so he’d be tempted to look at another organization.

Meanwhile I'm hoping Green is fired out of a cannon, into the sun.

I mean, at least he hasn't benched Hughes yet.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
He's 25, and despite lighting up the AHL, he hasn't been given a shot in the NHL yet due to concerns over his defensive game. At this point it doesn't look like Vancouver sees him in their future and I doubt it would cost much to acquire him. My ask would be a replacement player for Utica and a 4th. I'd like to see him get a shot somewhere else.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Take Roussel off our hands and he's yours. Miska for Roussel and Raffy? We can take back Pateryn if need be for salary on this season

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Take Roussel off our hands and he's yours. Miska for Roussel and Raffy? We can take back Pateryn if need be for salary on this season

You could include your 1st and Avs still wouldn't take Roussel. That 3 mil cap space is far more valuable than any pick to the Avs.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
You could include your 1st and Avs still wouldn't take Roussel. That 3 mil cap space is far more valuable than any pick to the Avs.
LOL I'd wager you're the only person in the world that wouldn't trade 1 year of 3M of cap space for a lottery top 10 pick. Based on your statement even a 1st overall pick isn't worth 3M in cap space. That would be some Chiarelli/Benning management to turn down a 1st overall pick for 1 year of 3M cap space. Especially for a team that should have enough space to comfortably eat 3M. Even if the Avs couldnt eat 3M comfortably, they can eat 1.7M and the 600k the following year which is what his buyout roughly would cost. However you wouldn't even need to do that. I'm sure if you went to any Wings/Hawks/Krakken fan, they'd easily take Roussel off your hands for at worst your own 1st round pick which would be much lower than 1st overall.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad