Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton @ Summerslam

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
On aftermath(the wrestling talk show that follows Smackdown) they said it has been confirmed on Smackdown that Brock will face Orton at Summerslam. I am confused because I didn't see it mentioned on Smackdown at all but anyways it has been confirmed.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
On aftermath(the wrestling talk show that follows Smackdown) they said it has been confirmed on Smackdown that Brock will face Orton at Summerslam. I am confused because I didn't see it mentioned on Smackdown at all but anyways it has been confirmed.

Probably because they want to reveal it on air but someone just went ahead and spilled the beans.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
People will moan because Randy brings out the haters nowadays but sign me up. Love Randy, so good in the ring, as is Brock as we all know, should be a fantastic match.

I also think it's smart from a booking standpoint to thrust Randy right into the mix against a huge name like that. He's a top tier guy, especially with the brand split, putting him with Brock will remind people of that.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I am sure it will be a good match, but with Brock fighting this week end in the UFC and Randy not having been around for months announcing it tonight on Smackdown seems... meh.

No build, no reason why they would fight, just a set up fight... because.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I wonder if they'll have Orton go over as a slap on the wrist to Bork for the UFC fight.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Remember when Brock squashed the current WWE champion in his last match? Yeah, let's have him face a guy who has been off for a year with arms that might fly into the front rows and take out Frank the Clown.

On second thought....maybe that's not terrible.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
This will be 10x the match Ambrose-Lesnar turned out to be. Not that I expected much of that match anyway.

Point being, Orton is the final star name that Lesnar hasn't faced yet. He faced Taker, Triple H, and Cena and Orton was that last "big name" on the list.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's kind of the role Randy is in now. He can float around anywhere in any role.

The match is going to be awesome. I can't wait.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think this match works better if Orton is working face

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So Brock just shows up on smackdown is all like "i've beaten the champ and deserve a title match... but I'm gonna face. RANDY ORTON. Because reasons..."

Theres no story behind it. Brock vs Dean II or Brock vs Seth II makes sense

Why Orton? Story wise

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So Brock just shows up on smackdown is all like "i've beaten the champ and deserve a title match... but I'm gonna face. RANDY ORTON. Because reasons..."

Theres no story behind it. Brock vs Dean II or Brock vs Seth II makes sense

Why Orton? Story wise

They're doing it UFC style. Just announce the match and let them build it. It can very easily be done as Orton requesting the match since he's never faced Lesnar (in a high-profile match) and wants to slay the beast coming off injury. Either Lesnar wins at UFC 200 and they build from that, or he loses and they can build it as Lesnar having a weakness Orton (The Viper) can target.

Brock would run through Dean and Seth. He's done it already. Orton has enough flack, size and legitimacy to put up some sort of a fight. I'd expect offense similar to the amount Cena got at NoC.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If they're announcing it now, they're going to have a real match. It's not going to be a joke match like the Rollins one was (that one should never have happened).

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Should have had Lesnar and Heyman come out, cut a promo about how much of a beast Brock is and maybe talk about his UFC match, if thats allowed, then Orton interrupts Lesnar, thus leading to the match. I don't like how its just announced their gonna face with no build up or reasoning besides that its a good match on paper

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Orton could leave a pretty big babyface if he comes out and really puts his body on the line but comes up just a bit short. Would be a cool thing to see out of Orton. A more bad ass face.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad