Seravalli: Brock Boeser on the Move? | Major Update —02/17/2022

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Looks like it could be a really interesting turn here with the Canucks Trade Discussions.
The Canucks have had "Preliminary" Discussions with both Brock and JT Miller on their next contracts.
What I am getting out of this is that Speculation Purporses JT Miller has actually told the Canucks that he WOULD like to stay after-all?
Could be a huge swing in trade Talks.

What would Brock Boeser be worth?
He has a 7.5m Qualifying offer this year.

Canucks needs - Picks, Young Players, Prospects + Cap

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
No clue what he’s worth honestly. Would you Nucks fans value him as much or more than Miller?
It's a Tricky one Honestly, But I would stay that JT Miller currently has more Value, Mostly because of the Cap hit for this and next year, Alongside having a Career Year.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Devils fans have been talking about him on the team board lately, he's got a 7.5m Qualifying offer and 2 more RFA years I believe. Hard to value that, a lot of teams probably have no interest at that QA number and it doesn't look like he's progressed much from his early success?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I'm guessing it's more likely that the offers for Miller just aren't there.
Maybe they want the Sun, and got the moon so far, Knowing there is no Rush, You can keep Miller until the draft, or next TDL, Helps with the pressure for sure

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Not sure how Boeser should be worth that much more than Toffoli.

Younger, sure, but less productive recently and with a 7.5 millions qualifying offer as a RFA while Toffoli was signed for 2 more years at 4.25 millions.

I think people will offer a 1st + a decent prospect.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Devils fans have been talking about him on the team board lately, he's got a 7.5m Qualifying offer and 2 more RFA years I believe. Hard to value that, a lot of teams probably have no interest at that QA number and it doesn't look like he's progressed much from his early success?
It's really tough, He is kind of a boom or bust type player, Last year he was our MVP and had a career year.
This year he has been "Pretty good" But certainly not as good as last year.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I was like he produces the same as Toffoli, but doesn't have a contract in place after this season. Then I saw he's pretty much guaranteed to miss 20 games a season,so his points per game is good.

Gotta imagine that 7.5 qo might lower his value a tad.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
It's a Tricky one Honestly, But I would stay that JT Miller currently has more Value, Mostly because of the Cap hit for this and next year, Alongside having a Career Year.
do you happen to know what Miller's pro rated cap hit is at 50%

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Not sure how Boeser should be worth that much more than Toffoli.

Younger, sure, but less productive recently and with a 7.5 millions qualifying offer as a RFA while Toffoli was signed for 2 more years at 4.25 millions.

I think people will offer a 1st + a decent prospect.
Honestly, He is really hard to Value.
I feel a 1st + Good young player / Prospect would be fair value and a good risk for teams.
Boeser does have significant potential.
But, Do we trade him?, Especially considering the age? Tricky

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Since JT Miller to the Rangers was roughly gonna be Schnieder, 2023 1st, Chytil and a 2nd, I guess take out the 1st and 2nd and that may be pretty close to Brock Boeser to the Rangers kind of deal

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Something like 2nd + a change of scenery guy + b-tier prospect/late 1st?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Honestly, He is really hard to Value.
I feel a 1st + Good young player / Prospect would be fair value and a good risk for teams.
Boeser does have significant potential.
But, Do we trade him?, Especially considering the age? Tricky

Does this mean something like 1st + Lundkvist or would Schneider be the ask here as well?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
As much as I love Brock Boeser, this makes a lot of sense now that we have Garland locked up long term. He’ll get a great return and we desperately need to booster the defence and/or prospect pool. There will be many suitors vying for Brock Boeser if he’s available. Everyone needs scoring and that’s what he does boest.

CHEESE

Apr 27, 2004
Sorry, seravelli has no credibility when he says “ they really don’t know what to do!” . Hall of famer and three time cup champ getting shit on from someone still wet behind the ears. Arrogant clown. How about this they’re exploring all options. Who’d a thunk it

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hes the one I'd move too

His next contract will be annoying. I've never been too big of a fan of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad