Speculation: Brock Boeser Mega Thread

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
i know a lot of people think dobson is untouchable, but the boeser barzal tandem could be deadly i would consider it

I would aim for a Laine/Connor type personally. Laine better but going to be expensive, Connor very good and with cost certainty. Not a knock on Boeser, those would just be my targets.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I would aim for a Laine/Connor type personally. Laine better but going to be expensive, Connor very good and with cost certainty. Not a knock on Boeser, those would just be my targets.

I don't know. Who is better *right now* between Laine and Connor? I think it's debatable. It would be scary to see Connor and Barzal zip around-that's for sure.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Yeah because Datsyuk’s in the 7th round happen as often as Petterssons at 5th overall

Try again
Pettersson’s at 5th overall never happen really. Look at the past 10 drafts. 1 player as good as Petey- Petey! Reilly would be the only other player on that list who you could even make an argument for.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
This is a bad year for the Canucks. The flat cap, cap recapture, buyouts, bad term and $$ contracts, and a good prospect pool that’s 2 seasons away from having a real impact, free agents in positions without internal replacements and no financial ability to actively try to improve. I can see a bit of a let down season coming in 20/21. I don’t have a lot of faith in the management group to be creative or intelligent enough to get out of next seasons cap issues. They need to find takers for Sutter (retention, a pick, in a package with Demko or Virtanen), move Benn, they would be happy to shed Ericsson, Beagle, Roussel and Baertschi but good luck with that. There will be money sent down to the AHL, and I could see a buyout of Baertschi.

However, all this said, unless you’re filling a bigger need - Cost controlled RHD with top pairing potential - you don’t trade a true goal scoring top 6 23 year old winger that you drafted and helped develop if you are serious about trying to win now. Boeser is not the reason the Canucks are in this mess.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
NJ:
Boeser
Baertschi

Van:
Van 1st

*make small add where necessary*
If Benning attaches a cap dump to Boeser and lessens his value, I wont know what to say.

Either trade Boeser outright for full value, or bite the bullet and attach futures to cap dumps and free salary that way. Not both combined.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think we're sitting on Boeser at this point. We're quite happy, he's got a new curve to his stick and is shooting like Matthews and all.

Other players we're more likely to move (in ascending order of value):
Eriksson (---)
Baertschi(-)
Sutter(-/=)
Benn(=/+)
Beagle(=/+)
Ferland(+)
Myers(++)
Roussel(++)
Virtanen(+++)
Gaudette(+++)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Pettersson’s at 5th overall never happen really. Look at the past 10 drafts. 1 player as good as Petey- Petey! Reilly would be the only other player on that list who you could even make an argument for.

Cherry picking the number 5th overall only to try and gauge how many talent has fallen to 5th is dumb... it's 5th overall and above and plenty of players falls every year but drafting isn't a science and developpement isn't linear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad