Seravalli: Broberg/agent requesting a trade (mod: title updated, Oilers didn’t give permission to Broberg to seek a trade)

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Are they shopping him, or are they making him available ?

It's not quite the same - trying to sell off someone for whatever is available, vs making him available to improve the NHL team during the McDrai window. I figure there must be some teams who see him as still having potential and who could send back something to improve the Oilers immediately.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Wonder what Zegras would be worth today?

As for Bro.. don't do that 1 for 1 salary trade. You won't gain a thing.

Of course, the Oilers love to sell prospects at their lowest possible value. and here we are!

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Depending on the price I would be pretty open for the Blues to throw in an offer. They need young Defensive players.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I wouldn’t mind the Wild taking a shot on him, we could use a LHD for the bottom of the lineup and might be able to insulate him differently from Edmonton. Does EDM need a different ELC D back or are they more interested in a depth forward at league minimum? I know there were already rumors around Maroon, either he or Dewar would be good additions to the Oilers current roster IMO.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Paging @bernmeister your boy is available.
2026 5th + 2027 7th + Boo Nieves' ghost + 2028 7th + Zachary Berzolla for Broberg + 5th + 7th ahhh yeah

I wouldn’t mind the Wild taking a shot on him, we could use a LHD for the bottom of the lineup and might be able to insulate him differently from Edmonton. Does EDM need a different ELC D back or are they more interested in a depth forward at league minimum? I know there were already rumors around Maroon, either he or Dewar would be good additions to the Oilers current roster IMO.
I think the idea would be to call up Ben Gleason to take the #7D job. He was great in camp and is impressing in Bakersfield. A forward would be preferable, in my opinion

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I feel bad for McDavid and Draisaitl. Holland is completely running the Oilers into the ground.

DET fans watching the Oilers:

ptsd-cat.gif

EDIT: Image links not working anymore, or is it just me?

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Maybe Oilers fans have seen him more and can clarify but each time I’ve seen him he’s been underwhelming. Got beat one on one frequently, was outmuscled, and made terrible decisions with the puck when facing pressure and forecheck. Seemed ok with time and space.

Reactions: LTIR

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Damn you’re fast.

Don’t see the Oilers getting much in return aside from another reclamation project.
Would not include him in trades to upgrade the team "now" and then he asks for a trade out and gets permission to seek a trade? Poor asset management. Goes from being a key piece that they won't move to virtually seeing him walk to low value.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Since McDavid was drafted, the lineup only has 5 players drafted after him, without Broberg. They need to get these prospects going.
Bouchard
McLeod
Hamblin
Desharnais
Holloway

Not exactly murderers row from the 8 drafts either, considering they’ve used their 1st rounder in every draft except the last (although I’m rooting for Hamblin).

Every Edmonton first round pick since McDavid has combined for 29 points across the NHL this year, which is hilarious once you realize Bouchard has 22 of the 29.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Wasn't a really strong draft that year to start with, and yet Holland takes a wild card pick amd loses. Go figure.....

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Bouchard
McLeod
Hamblin
Desharnais
Holloway

Not exactly murderers row from the 8 drafts either, considering they’ve used their 1st rounder in every draft except the last (although I’m rooting for Hamblin).

Every Edmonton first round pick since McDavid has combined for 29 points across the NHL this year, which is hilarious once you realize Bouchard has 22 of the 29.
Hamblin wasn't drafted, McLeod most fans want gone right now and Holloway is barely an NHL player.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad