Bring Back Patrick Kane

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
He doesn't need to chase cups, he has 3 already. Does he really want to bounce around teams at the end of his career like Iginla and Thornton? He has a young child. He can also get paid very fairly by Chicago, as most contenders are cap strapped.

He would be tremendous in the development of Bedard, Reichel, and Korchinski.. He's also a rink rat and would spend a lot of time practicing with them.

Kaner made Max Domi a near 60pt man last season, he still has gas in the tank.

He's also turning 35... He can be an effective player till 38-39.. Look at Pavelski, and Zuccarello just inked a 2 year deal @ 36. He might be around for one of our playoff pushes when Nazar, Moore, Rinzel, etc are in the fold.

It's a long shot, because both Kane and KD have publically stated there won't be a reunion, but damn it would be nice to have #88 with #98

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It's a long shot, because both Kane and KD have publically stated there won't be a reunion, but damn it would be nice to have #88 with #98
Pretty much this.

I think Buffalo and Detroit will be the top suitors for Kane. Depends on where they're at in the standings.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Kane does not want to come here and lose 50 games a piece for the next 2 seasons.

He is going to do the Iginla and Thornton thing and chase Cups.

Reactions: Pertti

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The Hawks don’t want him and unless he is desperate he won’t want to come back to a rebuilding team. I would like to see it, unfortunately our front office doesn’t want it.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I think it's better not to have him around. Bedard would probably pick up Kanes bad habits, I'd rather him focus on being a two way player than just focusing on offense solely.
The bad outweighs the good, and I don't think it would matter, Bedard wants to be like prime Crosby.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
He would be tremendous in the development of Bedard, Reichel, and Korchinski.. He's also a rink rat and would spend a lot of time practicing with them.
He can retire and join the coaching staff then. The FO is finally making the right moves, backpedaling would be counter-intuitive.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
How? He's actually won cups unlike those two. There's nothing for him to chase but legacy at this point.

Tom Brady won how many Super Bowls in new england? He went to Tampa with the intention of winning more.

Kane is not signing with a rebuilding team.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Don’t know if he’d want to come back, but I’d definitely want him back.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I don't think he is coming back. I don't think it would be the best thing for the team if he did come back.

But damn, he looked good in that video.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Kane should have been a career Blackhawk and broken the Blackhawks scoring record.

But now that he is gone he should not be brought back...at least not yet.

Hopefully in a couple seasons the Hawks are ready to compete again then you bring him back like Savard to retire here

Reactions: ytsejam

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I believe Kane wants to chase the scoring record for a US born player more than chase another Cup. But it doesn't matter because neither party - Kane or KD - want him to play for the Hawks.

Time to move past this fantasy.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Kane and Kyle from Chicago have both moved on. Some Hawks fans need to do the same.
If Kyle “moved on” then he’s stupid which I can tell you right now this guy is not that bright, why the Frick would you not want a guy like Kane on your team it makes zero sense. Ya we have heard that whole leadership story and he wants new leaders bla bla bla, listen we need players on the ice who can perform and feed Beddard the puck, he can start leading in a few years when he’s 22 years old and Kane is almost retired. For now and the next couple years he needs to focus and become lethal on the ice and there is no one on this team to feed him the puck like Kane can. We need someone now, not in a year or two, this time is crucial. With Kane he woulda had like 6 goals by now, you tell me which one is more important for his development, performance on the ice or some illusion in the head of Kyle about “Leadership”?

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
If Kyle “moved on” then he’s stupid which I can tell you right now this guy is not that bright, why the Frick would you not want a guy like Kane on your team it makes zero sense. Ya we have heard that whole leadership story and he wants new leaders bla bla bla, listen we need players on the ice who can perform and feed Beddard the puck, he can start leading in a few years when he’s 22 years old and Kane is almost retired. For now and the next couple years he needs to focus and become lethal on the ice and there is no one on this team to feed him the puck like Kane can. We need someone now, not in a year or two, this time is crucial. With Kane he woulda had like 6 goals by now, you tell me which one is more important for his development, performance on the ice or some illusion in the head of Kyle about “Leadership”?
Kane would not have increased Bedard’s goals at all. He is still recovering from surgery

Reactions: Larmer83

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He'll be fine.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Oh no way Sherlock is he really
No need to be an ass. I wasn’t attacking you but you said that Bedard would have 5 or 6 goals if the Hawks resigned Kane. He wouldn’t. I know you like to make bold proclamations and then get super defensive if anyone challenges them. Maybe try toning it down a little bit and interactions here would be a little better.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
No need to be an ass. I wasn’t attacking you but you said that Bedard would have 5 or 6 goals if the Hawks resigned Kane. He wouldn’t. I know you like to make bold proclamations and then get super defensive if anyone challenges them. Maybe try toning it down a little bit and interactions here would be a little better.
It’s not bold predictions it’s common sense if you have a deep understanding of the game. Not defensive at all, it was just odd how the point of the post flew right over your head.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

Kyle HIMSELF has said that he and the franchised have moved on. Rather you agree with it or not, it is FACT. Kane deserves to play for a contender for what little time he has left in his playing career. Why would he waste it with the Hawks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad