Confirmed with Link: Brindley Signs

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Insane conjecture about how this Davidson quote somehow tells us that Brindley would otherwise have bolted as a free agent in 3... 2...
I wouldn't say that but there's definitely some desperation in his words there, which I'm over.

Or maybe those are my own pessimistic thoughts creeping through 😂

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
He needs a new hockey bag.
Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who saw this video and went...alright boy first order of business we need to spend some of that signing bonus and get you some fresh equipment .

Reactions: koteka

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
People on here worry about contracts and cap space 6 years down the road much more than NHL GM's do. I think that was Jarmo's fault too.

People are so damned worried about cap space for players and contracts so far down the road that they don't want to spend more on players now who deserve it.

If Brindley deserves the big paycheck in the future, he'll get it. If he doesn't earn it, we are under no obligation to pay him big bucks in the future. Maybe we should focus on signing players than can help us win in the next couple of year and worry about the other stuff down the road.

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who saw this video and went...alright boy first order of business we need to spend some of that signing bonus and get you some fresh equipment .
It's not like they aren't are issued team equipment or anything. If people want to get so hung up on the Michigan thing maybe OSU should get some better hockey players.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
People on here worry about contracts and cap space 6 years down the road much more than NHL GM's do. I think that was Jarmo's fault too.

People are so damned worried about cap space for players and contracts so far down the road that they don't want to spend more on players now who deserve it.

If Brindley deserves the big paycheck in the future, he'll get it. If he doesn't earn it, we are under no obligation to pay him big bucks in the future. Maybe we should focus on signing players than can help us win in the next couple of year and worry about the other stuff down the road.

It's not like they aren't are issued team equipment or anything. If people want to get so hung up on the Michigan thing maybe OSU should get some better hockey players.
I agree. GMs typically are more short minded and will find a way to make it work. I think the "problem" in CBJ land has been we haven't extactly managed short term cap space like a team that is consistently competing for the cup or in the playoffs. They suffer but are so good and deep that they can overcome the occassional bad deal to manage the future cap. I think the fact we were typically a borderline playoff team for a period, yet push the cap limits and had to make the occassional bad deal is something I hope (perception for me) will change under new management.

I don't care if we have to makea bad deal to move a contract and pick or player, or get nothing in return for a contributor provided we are one of the better teams in the NHL, not on the bottom half of the tablet perrenially.

Edit: My apologies, this is probably better placed in the GM thread....

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
not to mention that i believe this ensures brindley will get 10.2(c) status – which kent johnson has this offseason.

can't go to arbitration or sign an offer sheet. i'd wager this actually keeps his RFA deal lower in terms of AAV because they can treat the first year like an extension of the ELC.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Nope, they were too busy winning gold against team USA in the IIHF!

But seriously, it's nice to see Columbus being a hotbed of hockey for both men and women.

Back on topic, is Brindley for sure skating tonight?
Yes. I'm sure it was a contingency on him signing. I believe they sent TFW down yesterday.

Nazar scored for Chicago. I hope they actually let him play enough to show something as well. Just throw him on top 6 minutes for the whole game, stats be damned.

Reactions: CBJx614

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023

I was being more tongue-in-cheek there haha

SAS

Sep 29, 2017
So apart from his contract, what does everyone think about him as a player? Does he have top line upside? Middle 6 upside?

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
So apart from his contract, what does everyone think about him as a player? Does he have top line upside? Middle 6 upside?
Way too early to tell. I think based on what we've seen of his style in college and the skill he has shown he's likely a middle 6 player. More on the higher end (Which, of course, gives him a chance at top line). I think he's a combination glue guy and scorer. He's going to fit in well here long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad