Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Probably the most shots Williams faced in a game all season, Minnesota State gave up very few shots.

I looked it up. In just one game did he face more--against Minnesota Duluth.

I think he's better when he faces more shots. At times this year I thought he wasn't seeing enough rubber. Hard to stay sharp.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I looked it up. In just one game did he face more--against Minnesota Duluth.

I think he's better when he faces more shots. At times this year I thought he wasn't seeing enough rubber. Hard to stay sharp.

Williams likely will get another 2-3 games in. Good for him to handle more shots, seemed like he had a lot of games with fewer than 20. Would have liked to have seen him live except Bridgeport doesn't have any more games left in my area this season, next year for sure.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Keep in mind, a lot of college players are joining AHL teams now.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I know it's early, but maaaaybe we have something in Williams.

Maybe we have something in Jeffrey as well ? 23 goals is pretty nice, maybe a future 4th line center who can put the puck in the net ? Also, gotta be excited about Pulock, 17 goals as a 20 year old defenseman in the AHL ? Pretty exciting, as is Williams' play.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Maybe we have something in Jeffrey as well ? 23 goals is pretty nice, maybe a future 4th line center who can put the puck in the net ? Also, gotta be excited about Pulock, 17 goals as a 20 year old defenseman in the AHL ? Pretty exciting, as is Williams' play.

I really think we have a gem in Pulock. Give him another year in Bridgeport, let him dominate playing 25 minutes a night and I think he will flourish. Between him and Reinhart I think we will have our future top pairing within the next 5 years.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I really think we have a gem in Pulock. Give him another year in Bridgeport, let him dominate playing 25 minutes a night and I think he will flourish. Between him and Reinhart I think we will have our future top pairing within the next 5 years.

Someone brought it up before, but I would take an Alzner-Carlson type of pairing from Reinhart-Pulock and run to the bank smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

If they develop into a top pairing, great. If they become a top-4 pairing (very realistic) then we should still be psyched.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Someone brought it up before, but I would take an Alzner-Carlson type of pairing from Reinhart-Pulock and run to the bank smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

If they develop into a top pairing, great. If they become a top-4 pairing (very realistic) then we should still be psyched.

Absolutely, I could see Reinhart being very similar to a Staal/Alzner type of defenseman. Pulock is very intriguing, I love his shot and size, and he knows how to get his shot through to the net.

Also love Pelech's game from what I have seen of him, I think he has a real chance of being a good top 4 defenseman. Notice how all of these kids are built like towers? Gonna love seeing them in the NHL one day.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

Jeffrey isn't a prospect, he is 29 and has played like 150 games in NHL. He would be nice guy to keep around though next year in Bridgeport.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I know it's early, but maaaaybe we have something in Williams.

IMO, you always had something in him. He has athleticism you can't teach. Maybe he won't work out in the end, but it's never a bad idea to give goalies like him a chance.

I know I'll always be rooting for him. I hope I see him play in the NHL someday.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Jeffery just turned 27 in February. Although, Jeffery was drafted in '07 so it seems like the guy has been around for ever.

Jeffery has had a few good years in the minors to say the least. Never really did much for the penguins in a few short cups of coffee with them.

Wouldn't be a bad emergency call up, but at this stage he's def no longer a spec.

IIlya4Life

Jun 6, 2014
Take this with a grain of salt...i haven't seen a Bridgeport game all year...

But wow Pulock with 17 Goals and he missed a lot of time!! Looks like we have a stud here and a PP QB for the next 15 years!!!

As for Reinhart just by looking at the stats, it looks like hes struggled this year, but like i said i haven't seen a single game just going off stats. He has an ugly +/- I know bridgeport is a weak team but still.

1calledsteve

Dec 17, 2013
Long Island
Take this with a grain of salt...i haven't seen a Bridgeport game all year...

But wow Pulock with 17 Goals and he missed a lot of time!! Looks like we have a stud here and a PP QB for the next 15 years!!!

As for Reinhart just by looking at the stats, it looks like hes struggled this year, but like i said i haven't seen a single game just going off stats. He has an ugly +/- I know bridgeport is a weak team but still.

The +/- doesn't bother me the least bit considering he primarily plays the right side (something he is still learning) and gets little PP time (2nd unit I believe) yet still is about .4 p/g for a rookie shut down defensemen.

Compare him to Pulock who has 13 of his 17 goals on the PP compared to Griff's 1 of 6 goals on PP, Griff has more then held his own despite only playing in 8 more games than Pulock.

I think both will be solid players at the next level and Griff in his second stint was extremely reliable. I'd like to see how he would do on the left side in the NHL as opposed to the right because I think a pairing of him and hamonic would be extremely tough to play against given their size and styles of play.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
The +/- doesn't bother me the least bit considering he primarily plays the right side (something he is still learning) and gets little PP time (2nd unit I believe) yet still is about .4 p/g for a rookie shut down defensemen.

Compare him to Pulock who has 13 of his 17 goals on the PP compared to Griff's 1 of 6 goals on PP, Griff has more then held his own despite only playing in 8 more games than Pulock.

I think both will be solid players at the next level and Griff in his second stint was extremely reliable. I'd like to see how he would do on the left side in the NHL as opposed to the right because I think a pairing of him and hamonic would be extremely tough to play against given their size and styles of play.
I do believe that Reinhart played the right side in Juniors and prefers it so I don't think there was any getting use to.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wow, very nice accomplishment.

If he didn't miss time, he could have pulled off scoring 20 goals as a d-man... a pretty rare feat at this high of a level.

Beast. I love what we have in Pulock and Reinhart.

Pelech and mayfield as well. Too bad these guys are not 2-3 years older. We would be monsters. I can't wait for the day that Leddy is the smallest defensman on the team.

scott99

May 13, 2005

Great stuff, I could see Pulock and Reinhart making the Islanders next year. Rather watch 82 games of them than 1 more game of Strait and/or Hickey.

Pokka was the other Dman on the all rookie team. He's gonna be a good one, but I'm happy with our return for him :)

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Beast. I love what we have in Pulock and Reinhart.

Pelech and mayfield as well. Too bad these guys are not 2-3 years older. We would be monsters. I can't wait for the day that Leddy is the smallest defensman on the team.

I don't know SI90, it could be as early as next season. I think both Reinhart and Pulock will finish next season in the NHL. If de Haan continues to pack on some more muscle, Leddy could technically be the smallest d-man we have next season.

Both Reinhart and Pulock had over 250+ WHL games and now a full AHL season under their belts. For the most part, they are NHL ready and the only way their games are going to progress is to actually be in the NHL. They fit our needs like a glove and they'll thankfully push out the placeholders (Hickey Mouse and Strait) sooner rather than later IMO.

Don't count out Mayfield either, he could be the most NHL ready of the bunch at this point and time. Hopefully he gets some pugilism training over the summer though.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Great stuff, I could see Pulock and Reinhart making the Islanders next year. Rather watch 82 games of them than 1 more game of Strait and/or Hickey.

Pokka was the other Dman on the all rookie team. He's gonna be a good one, but I'm happy with our return for him :)

One of the 2 is starting next year with the Isles...the question is who will be their partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad