Laval Rocket: Bridgeport Islanders at Laval Rocket 7 EST

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I believe it’s Belleville with the game in hand. They lost tonight so they’ve got 58 GP to the rockets 59 GP
I’ve got to check the updated standings, then.

Last edited:

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Bisson did not finish the game...ended up in the locker room. Not good
I liked that they signed Paquette-Bisson. I don't think of it being NHL bound but he's a nice young solid D logging good minutes and scoring some. Hopefully he'll be okay but we may see Reinbacher / Engstrom faster than we think...

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's too late he's been labeled as a bust by the best and brightest around here, there's no coming back from that.
Yeah well anyone who thinks a guy like Kovacevic will hold down a job long term over Justin Barron even as a seven needs to be ignored.
At least until they see the light.

My AHLTV sounds like the commentary is a voiceover on a feed with no sound. Is it normal to not hear any of the game??
LOLOL
I watched the entire third period muted and liked it better than either feed. :laugh:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah well anyone who thinks a guy like Kovacevic will hold down a job long term over Justin Barron even as a seven needs to be ignored.

LOLOL
I watched the entire third period muted and liked it better than either feed. :laugh:

Ghule-Matheson
Savard-X

Barron-Harris-Struble-Kovacevic fighting for the 3 spot left, and maybe one of Reinbacher-Mailloux-Hutson can make a push

Like i said in another thread, it's in Barron's hand now, he needs to have a vey good camp next season, or maybe KH trade someone and make space

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Not a very intense game, but they played well enough.

It's tough to evaluate players against such bad opposition, but Mailloux looked very good tonight. Always made the smart play, good breakouts and solid mobility.

Barron needs to get his groove back. Took a bad penalty and misplayed a 2v1 defensively that lead to a great scoring chance and the best Dobes save of the game.

Durandeau is maybe not an NHL player, but he is very noticeable at that level in a positive way. Great add for the farm.

Kidney looked good on the goal and on another occasion. He is very frail of course, but there is potential there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It wasn't a good game from Laval when you consider it was a must win since it was the last game of the season vs a club under .500 so you had to get these 2 points since from here on out 12 of the remaining 13 games are division matchups.

But Marlies Sunday and then back to back vs the Sens so it's going to get interesting.

Mailloux has had a heck of a season for sure, he still makes mistakes but you have to be thrilled with the progress he's shown when you consider how much development time he lost. 1 point away from 40.

Barron had a good game offensively but just continues to show he's got a lot of work to do in his own end.

I thought the Farrell Gignac Heineman was good once again, Farrell creates so many things out there, Gignac uses his speed so well and Heineman brings a physical element with some offense.

Losing Simoneau for the season stings as he's been a very consistent producer since he's been in Laval.

Dobes is so impressive when you look at how brutal his start was that he just now has his gaa go under 3 for the 1st time since the 1st game of the season. He's 16-8-4 after starting 3-5-2.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
No one is talking about Lias Andersson, dude is stacking point closing in on a PPG season if it continues.

I couldn't watch the last couple games, how does he look right now? He's a massive question mark for me.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This game’s attendance allowed the Rocket to beat out last season’s record number 275 K figure, with 5 home games still left to play.

Reactions: Tyson and Fatbiggie

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

LOLOL
Both Kovacevic and Barron get dumped on too much. Barron has the tougher road because he should be top 4 or gone. Kovacevic is a great bottom pairing guy for the season who will probably play more minutes in the playoffs when you need the size, defence, and toughness.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
No one is talking about Lias Andersson, dude is stacking point closing in on a PPG season if it continues.

I couldn't watch the last couple games, how does he look right now? He's a massive question mark for me.

slow, often looks disinterested. I wouldn't re-sign him if I were Hughes.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Both Kovacevic and Barron get dumped on too much. Barron has the tougher road because he should be top 4 or gone. Kovacevic is a great bottom pairing guy for the season who will probably play more minutes in the playoffs when you need the size, defence, and toughness.

Barron looks really disappointing, so many poor decisions in his own end if he would just pay more attention to who's around him and where they can beat you from. The offense is legit though.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Barron looks really disappointing, so many poor decisions in his own end if he would just pay more attention to who's around him and where they can beat you from. The offense is legit though.
The common comment is that D can be taught. If Barron can learn to play adequate defence he’s a top 4 player. He may take a step, and he may take that step while he’s still with the habs, but it’s less likely every year. There is some hope.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
The common comment is that D can be taught. If Barron can learn to play adequate defence he’s a top 4 player. He may take a step, and he may take that step while he’s still with the habs, but it’s less likely every year. There is some hope.
There's hope, yes. Mainly because we were on the right end of it in the very similar Petry learning curve where Edmonton did all the work and we got the impact player. Barron may do the same.

However, it's too simple to say defense can be taught. It can to some extent, but it also takes work and Barron needs to want to put in the work. He is really quite bad ATM. If he continues to think he should be in the NHL, he is not going to make it back in a consistent way.

Is Barron waiver eligible next SSN? Because I don't see an NHL player to start the year. If we are to lose him on waivers, we might as well trade him during the summer.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Interesting that Rocket D lead the AHL with most goals scored (38).

Also interesting that the Habs are at/near the top of the league with that stat as well.....almost like they are playing the exact same system and the grounds for suggesting Houle is a rogue antonymous cancer that must be excised from the organization continues to be proven to be baseless.

Sorry buddy, your point is valid and I apologize for the hi-jacking. It was just too tempting of a segue for me to continue scrolling lol :help:

Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There's hope, yes. Mainly because we were on the right end of it in the very similar Petry learning curve where Edmonton did all the work and we got the impact player. Barron may do the same.

However, it's too simple to say defense can be taught. It can to some extent, but it also takes work and Barron needs to want to put in the work. He is really quite bad ATM. If he continues to think he should be in the NHL, he is not going to make it back in a consistent way.

Is Barron waiver eligible next SSN? Because I don't see an NHL player to start the year. If we are to lose him on waivers, we might as well trade him during the summer.

They'd never expose him to waivers. They won't rush the trade either. They'd likely get him into a rotation and develop him in practice when needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad