Confirmed with Link: Brian Burke returns to Ducks in a Part-Time Professional Scouting Position

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Burke signed as part-time scout

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=656738

The Ducks have named Brian Burke to a part-time professional scouting position within the organization.

“We are happy to welcome Brian back to the organization,” said Ducks Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “Anytime you can add a person of his quality to your staff, it makes your organization better. We’ve had success working together before and look forward to doing it again.”

EDIT: God damnit. I thought I had been the fastest for once. :laugh: Damn you, MQ!

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
I really hope we continue drafting Swedes and Finns equally to NA players and dont resort back to the Gritty, North American ways of Burke, that essentially wasted 2 drafts.

But still, for all his faults, Burke is a quality asset in any management corps.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I hate this move, Burke's draft record is dismal.

Edit: he's a pro scout... Thank The Lord.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I really hope we continue drafting Swedes and Finns equally to NA players and dont resort back to the Gritty, North American ways of Burke, that essentially wasted 2 drafts.

But still, for all his faults, Burke is a quality asset in any management corps.
Unless Madden and Murray are leaving, I don't think you have to worry about that.

I hate this move, Burke's draft record is dismal.
He isn't in charge of our draft. He isn't even in charge of our scouts.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

I think the important distinction that needs to be made is that he's signed as a pro scout. Everything draft is for amateur scouts, generally. Tough to say the capacity, but Burke's eyes will likely be on NHL players, for signings, trades and maybe even making the occasional famous trip to Europe to grab a free wallet.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Well, judging by the twittersphere - we're back at the center of the hockey universe for a few seconds. :laugh:

Down Goes Brown said:
“Well, the most obvious thing is never overpay for an unproven European goalie!” [horrified silence] - Brian Burke’s first day in Anaheim
:laugh:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Must have been less. When I was done typing, I opened the Ducks forum in a new tab to see whether I had been beaten, but wasn't, yet. So it was changing the tabs, hitting submit, and the time it took to submit. :laugh:
Australia is well known for it's fast internet :naughty: :sarcasm:

But seriously, I like this move for the Ducks, we have quite a solid management team in place already, adding Burke can only be a good thing. As long as he doesn't encourage BM to trade a top 6 player for Doug Weight

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
This position for Burke is just simply put, stupid. He sucks at analyzing young talent, look at his draft history when he was GM. This was not the position he should had been put in. Should had a PR position, Burke talking to media plus Gabby as our coach. Our team's spotlight would get bigger and bigger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad