Confirmed with Link: Brian Burke Fired, Hired as Senior Advisor | Dave Nonis Hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
He's been a GM before, this should be nothing new for him.

I said: "This morning, his close friend for decades, and mentor, was just fired from a project they've been working on for years, and he's been thrust into the spotlight and put in control.

It's entirely reasonable for him to look rattled and uncertain."

You think he should be entirely unaffected by that?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Basketball announcement at 4? Hopefully it's BC fired! Then January 9th will be remembered as Bry(i)an GTFO day!

Tom is so poor at answering questions and being diplomatic.

It's obvious someone is getting fired Raptors

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
I was disapointed that Burke got fired (Shocked is a better word lol). But as soon as I seen nonis as the new gm, I can rest easy. Im sure he'll still talk to Burke everyday anyways so it doesn't matter.

ALine

May 14, 2012
These guys are contradictory themselves at every question. It was a move to change direction and leadership and tone, but they plan to stay the course and continue what Burke has done thus far, it was done to change the tone and style, but they liked Burkes style and wasn't fired due to it. What!? And then the luongo question, tom doesnt have a very good poker face.

This is such meddling by the ownership.

DaveT83*

Nonis and Ownership wanted to be patient - they wanted to keep rebuilding - stockpiling.

Burke wanted to WIN NOW - his ego and legacy were on the line - they fired him before he did something stuipid and set the franchise back another 5 years.

After this presser that seems pretty clear to me.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
My God these reporters are morons...... there's been, what, 2 decent questions?

Mike Toth you are an idiot

Tom Anselmi said it best, everyone sitting in that room works for a company that is owned by Rogers and Bell.

Nobody is going to rock the boat, they are all going to toss softballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad