Brian Burke can save the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
who else is more connected and respected by both sides than Burke ?

and he is not associted officially with either side. if ANYONE can get these two sides together, its got to be him.

who else can be the hero third party ?

dr

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Why would Brian Burke do that?

As it is, he can sit back and pontificate to his heart's content, keep the TV gig, and do the lucrative motivational speaking tour.

Why wade into this muck as a third party?

Wetcoaster

DR said:

and he is not associted officially with either side. if ANYONE can get these two sides together, its got to be him.

dr

Respected??????????? Burkie???????????????? He was god awful GM and that was why his a$$ was fired out of Vancouver.

He is the one of the worst negotiators if you ever followed his blunders in Vancouver. They start with his total bungling of the Vladimir Krutov transfer fee dispute and ended with the RJ Umberger fiasco where he lost a first rounder for no good reason except his stupidity and stubborness.

He could not even save his own job with the Canucks and you look to him to save this season?

Also remember it was Burkie who was the chief negotiator for the NHL last time around in 1994 and look how well that turned :lol Mind you he keeps blaming the failure of the 1994 CBA on other people:

"I have never been more embarrassed to work in the NHL as I was on July 1st and 2nd [2001]. I know we can't support the salaries. I know that some of the teams who have spent that money are doing it without the financial capability to pay the money. I'm running my business like a business. I'm going head-to-head with people who are crazy, as far as I'm concerned."-Vancouver Canucks GM Brian Burke, July 2001

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Get Pierre McGuire.....he'd just keep shouting until both sides gave up.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
Bicycle Repairman said:
Why would Brian Burke do that?

As it is, he can sit back and pontificate to his heart's content, keep the TV gig, and do the lucrative motivational speaking tour.

Why wade into this muck as a third party?

I'm sure that he would prefer to spend his time continuing to defend Todd Bertuzzi.

Owen Wilson

Feb 21, 2003
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
I think that Gretzky and Lemieux are the ones that could solve this thing. They were players in 1994 and are now both owners, they've seen it from both sides and who's more respected than these 2??

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Owen Wilson said:
I think that Gretzky and Lemieux are the ones that could solve this thing. They were players in 1994 and are now both owners, they've seen it from both sides and who's more respected than these 2??

If they were no longer owners that would make be possible.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Crosbyfan said:
If they were no longer owners that would make be possible.

Have to admit that is so, and I am very pro-owner. Mario especially, his entire wealth from taking over the franchise in lieu of salary owed (admittedly he had no choice it was that or nothing) is dependent on the deal struck. A very hard Cap increases franchise value by millions, which in turn increases his wealth by millions. He is hardly a disinterested unbiased party.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
DR said:

dr
One of the few times I can say I actually agree with DR....

Wetcoaster

BLONG7 said:
One of the few times I can say I actually agree with DR....

Then you obviously have not observed Burkie's schtick up close and personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad