Confirmed with Link: Brian Boucher named to Flyers TV broadcast booth (upd 9/22: Todd Fedoruk on radio color)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Comes down to how much pressure he'll be under to be a "homer."

Though I think the new regime may value credibility, overselling a bad team doesn't really help ticket sales in the long run, but getting fans to appreciate the nuances of the game may strengthen their appreciation and love of the game.

I think they should have hired Charles Barkley, though he's probably too expensive. Big hockey fan and you know he wouldn't pull any punches.

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Comes down to how much pressure he'll be under to be a "homer."

Though I think the new regime may value credibility, overselling a bad team doesn't really help ticket sales in the long run, but getting fans to appreciate the nuances of the game may strengthen their appreciation and love of the game.

I think they should have hired Charles Barkley, though he's probably too expensive. Big hockey fan and you know he wouldn't pull any punches.

Are you serious lol

He's going to get ordered to be a massive homer and push specific narratives. Get ready for size worship.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
'Sheed loves the Flyers!
sheed.jpeg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Real fans do, this is the Philadelphia Flyers, not the [insert name of city, Dallas for example] "Frontrunners."
Suffering is part of true fandom, it builds character, and makes winning more enjoyable.
Everyone in every town are front runners. Suffering is suffering no matter how you dress it up.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is gonna be another season where it doesn't really make sense to watch many of the games. I want them to be bad as possible for the draft, but that kind of makes watching games a Lose-Lose. If they play well, I won't be happy because it hurts draft positioning. If they play poorly, it's good, but not necessarily fun to watch.

I'll just check the scores and pop into GDT for a chuckle from time to time. I do look forward to one day watching and cheering for success again. It might not be until Michkov comes over though, unless they land a top 3 pick and get Demidov or Celebrini in the lineup sooner than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad