Player Discussion Brett Kulak: Top pairing candidate #6

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Man is so committed to score goals from Slap Shots into the chest. I wonder why he can't score :sarcasm:

These days, it doesn't even look like he's trying to score. He just throws the puck at the net.

He scored 6 goals in 50 some games a couple years ago. Back then, it was impossible to think he would never score again. It's not like he was tossing muffins at the net and getting lucky back then.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Fun fact
Kulak had 0 goals in 56 matches last year , 0 in 10 games in the bubbles and 0 this season 34 games.

That's 100 hockey games without scoring a goal.
And he rushes up ice like Bobby Orr. I can't remember the last time one of his shots wasn't blocked

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This team is not build properly. Toffoli and Anderson changed the dynamics of the roster. I just really hope, the new GM finds a way to lure more of them here somehow. We have seen way to many overpaid scrubs over the years.

Armia and Lehkonen are coming off the books. That's 5M off the books.

We need to find a playmaker to feed our scorers Toffoli, Gallagher, Caufield, and Anderson.

Would be nice to remove the 8.9M tied up in Drouin and Byron.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

We need to find a playmaker to feed our scorers Toffoli, Gallagher, Caufield, and Anderson.

Sadly, Danault and Tatar are walking for nothing in the off season because of BargainBin trying to save his job.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sadly, Danault and Tatar are walking for nothing in the off season because of BargainBin trying to save his job.

I've wanted a rebuild for many years. That won't happen. I doubt Money Molson wants one. So I'd spend the futures to move Byron and Drouin out, along with not re-signing Lehkonen and Armia (unless the come back for 1M) and go with the following top 9:

[Playmaking winger] KK Caufield
Toffoli Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I've wanted a rebuild for many years. That won't happen. I doubt Money Molson wants one. So I'd spend the futures to move Byron and Drouin out, along with not re-signing Lehkonen and Armia (unless the come back for 1M) and go with the following top 9:

[Playmaking winger] KK Caufield
Toffoli Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher

Tatar and Danault won't sign for cheap.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Well that's up to Marc. Will he give up picks in the upcoming draft to move them? I don't think he will. But unless we're doing a rebuild, I think he should. Pick a direction.
Can the organization just get rid of Marc for once? That's a start and a direction.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Can the organization just get rid of Marc for once? That's a start and a direction.

I don't think Money Molson will.

I think he sees the team as on an upward trend and will keep him.

I personally think we have a better chance of winning the cup than of Molson firing his crush MB. Hopefully my read of Money Molson is off.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I don't think Money Molson will.

I think he sees the team as on an upward trend and will keep him.

I personally think we have a better chance of winning the cup than of Molson firing his crush MB. Hopefully my read of Money Molson is off.
Tough times to be a Habs fan indeed.

del17

Dec 26, 2015

Pretty much insert a Jack Eichel a Gabriel Landeskog if when available and the dynamics change. We do have a lot of deadweight.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fun fact
Kulak had 0 goals in 56 matches last year , 0 in 10 games in the bubbles and 0 this season 34 games.

That's 100 hockey games without scoring a goal.

It doesn't leave a good impression to me that the new coaching staff plus MB think that it's better to waive a young cheap Mete vs an older over paid Kulak.

In the last 2 reg seasons,

Kulak - 90-0-11-11 +3 30 pims (.12 ppg)
Mete - 65-4-10-14 +8 26 pims (.22 ppg)

Imagine we almost pay this guy 2m a year

Next year he makes 2.2M, he's got one hell of an agent.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
It doesn't leave a good impression to me that the new coaching staff plus MB think that it's better to waive a young cheap Mete vs an older over paid Kulak.

In the last 2 reg seasons,

Kulak - 90-0-11-11 +3 30 pims (.12 ppg)
Mete - 65-4-10-14 +8 26 pims (.22 ppg)

Next year he makes 2.2M, he's got one hell of an agent.
thats pretty sad when you look into it.

Reactions: montreal

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I remember Arpon Basu writing a Kulak article for The Athletic, what must have been 2 years ago now, and claimed Kulak could he given 4 to 5 million per season. I was completely baffled and wondered if he was drunk when he made the statement. I have no idea how someone could watch Kulak play - even at his best - and come away with the impression he’s a 4 or 5 million dollar defensemen. It was after his decent debut season for the Habs. But still a laughable statement.

To this day I still wonder if Basu and Kulak are friends. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Kulak will now, hopefully be pushed to the 7-8 role with the last two trades, bringing in Gustaffson and Merrill.
Was really hoping they would have traded him away, but............

Reactions: Vachon23

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kulak will now, hopefully be pushed to the 7-8 role with the last two trades, bringing in Gustaffson and Merrill.
Was really hoping they would have traded him away, but............

for sure, with Chiarot, Merill, Gustaffson, I can't see Kulak getting games.

No team would trade for him imo, not with that extra year at 2.2M in salary for a guy that has gone over 90 games without a goal.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad