Brett Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
@HackswithHaggs: Brett Connolly might've practiced w/the 4th line, but he showed a heavy top line shot. Nearly took Svedberg's head off w/shot off his mask

He'll fit in, already shooting into goalies :laugh: I kid I kid, I'm very excited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...de_julien_on_board_with_bruins_trade_strategy

“I think that (the B’s deadline day moves and non-moves) were a vote of confidence with the core group and the rest of the team here,” said B’s coach Claude Julien. “To trade for those big names, we would have to get rid of a big name here. I think our organization feels strongly that those big names here are an important part of our hockey club.

“I think the players that were brought in can help us immediately. Connolly, once we see him (for a while), we might realize that he’s a pretty good player. He’s got skill, he’s got a good shot and good size. We’ll see were he fits in.

“Where he was in Tampa, I know for a fact when you’re playing behind (players) like (Ryan) Callahan and (Steve) Stamkos, who are righties, it’s hard. We certainly have a shortage of right-hand shots here, so I would expect him to help us.”

Julien compares Talbot to Campbell.

“He’s like a Campbell, who will do everything he has to on the ice to help his club,” said Julien. “He’s very versatile. He is a good room guy, a former captain in his junior days. I know he’s been a real asset on every team he’s been on as far as being a good team player. There’s a lot he can bring to the table.”

Wait, you need to see him here for a while to realize that he's got some skill ?

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...de_julien_on_board_with_bruins_trade_strategy

Wait, you need to see him here for a while to realize that he's got some skill ?
Eh nothing more than keeping initial expectations low, no point saying yeah I expect him to come in and net 15 for us the rest of the season. Just sets him up for failure. They already know he's a very good player, they've scouted him for months. I think he will surprise a few, may take a game or two to get with the basics of the system but he's the shooter we didn't have so and with his shot I think we're gonna be much better up front.

When Krech is back I think for sure he will be up with him and Looch and Pasta will drop to the Bergy or Soda line if he is kept up (no reason why he shouldn't be)

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
He has potential to be good. Krejci has needed a shooter on his line (or Pasta) so that is where he has a chance to slot in next year.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Excited about this kid. He should get a shot with Marchand and Bergeron.

I have a hunch they'll put him with the swedes initially and get him into the game before moving him up to the Bergy line, Louis and Soda will be set him up with some sick passes and he can snipe all day :)

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Excited about this kid. He should get a shot with Marchand and Bergeron.
Smith has been working well with Bergeron and Brad; second leading scorer on the team (tied). But as a left hand shot, he may have to move to Soderberg's line at LW. Probably an easier transition than Loui moving.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Smith has been working well with Bergeron and Brad; second leading scorer on the team (tied). But as a left hand shot, he may have to move to Soderberg's line at LW. Probably an easier transition than Loui moving.

Smitty prefers left side anyway, and he works well when he isn't busy being a ghost....kid goes missing more than Carmen San Diego

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I think Krejci would be the best fit for Connolly and Bergeron is a better fit for Pastrnak.

Connolly has a wicked shot and Krejci can feed him in the right spots. Bergeron is the smartest forward on the team and knows where Pastrnak will go.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I think they'll have him put on some pounds this offseason. He's 8 lbs less than each Sedin brother.
I'm interested to see how Julien uses him

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd like to see....

Lucic -- Spooner -- Pasta

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Connolly

Smith -- Soderberg -- Eriksson

Kelly -- Talbot -- Ferlin

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I'd like to see....

I'd be ok with this, but knowing the coach we have, we are going to see Kelly, Talbot somewhere in the top 9. And Paille likely isn't going to sit, probably in favor of a top 9 player under 23 years old.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd like to see....

That's what I'm hoping to see. But isn't campbell soon returning so I'm guessing this might be ferlins last game.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Don't mess with what is working is my opinion. Both the Spooner and the Bergeron line with Smith have looked really good lately.

Here is what I'd like to see:

Lucic - Spooner - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Eriksson - Soderberg - Connolly
Paille - Kelly - Talbot

With Connolly getting some PP time.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I'd like to see....

I'd like to see this too. Give Connolly a few games with Bergeron and Marchand and see what he's got. I'm optimistic but not ready to proclaim him our newest star just yet.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Don't mess with what is working is my opinion. Both the Spooner and the Bergeron line with Smith have looked really good lately.

Paille - Kelly - Talbot

This works for me.:nod:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
just love this gamble- ballsy move by Chiarelli

I admit I'd have no problem seeing Sweeney or Gorton take his place but got to give the man his due, this is a great swing

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Paille - Kelly - Talbot

love your lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad