Player Discussion: Brenden Dillon

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
5428A391-FFC7-4843-ACBF-00058E5EB7FE.jpeg
The meat head side of me is excited to see him lay out the opposing team. Dilly and Stanimal are gonna be fun to watch.
Vesalainen and Heinola are the victims here.

I feel there will be a number of scrums if Dillon and Pionk are paired.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Big, mean and can actually put up good on ice results /not a liability. Also has lots of PO experience including a SC appearance.

He and Pionk will be our best pairing this year im projecting.
If he’s all that then he can fill the Stan role as well as his own and we can see Heinola.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If he’s all that then he can fill the Stan role as well as his own and we can see Heinola.
what do you mean stan role? u mean 3ld? i doubt maurice choses heinola over stanley, and dillon likely is>stanley. would rather play the better player more mins.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
what do you mean stan role? u mean 3ld? i doubt maurice choses heinola over stanley, and dillon likely is>stanley. would rather play the better player more mins.
I mean the big mean defenseman who uses his size.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I mean the big mean defenseman who uses his size.

Having 2 big guys back there that use their size, is not a bad thing -
Ville will get his chance the same way Stan got his - working hard and developing into the player that best supports the team.
Stan and Demelo (if that's how it ends up) have the makings of a nice shut down pair that will support the nice mix we have on the top 4.
I'm looking forward to our D actually being able to defend this year - as much or more so than their ability to generate offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Chuck

thai jet

Aug 13, 2021
Winnipeg
My biggest concern with the club outside of coaching is getting PLD extended long term. I wonder if Dillon is expendable next season? He has a $3.9 cap hit and $5.5 salary that could be seriously reduced with Big Stan taking over the 2LD spot. Stan has become much more physical this season and has out preformed Dillon on the PK by a significant measure. Either Samberg or Villi would be ready for the 3LD spot. Do others have an opinion on this?

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
My biggest concern with the club outside of coaching is getting PLD extended long term. I wonder if Dillon is expendable next season? He has a $3.9 cap hit and $5.5 salary that could be seriously reduced with Big Stan taking over the 2LD spot. Stan has become much more physical this season and has out preformed Dillon on the PK by a significant measure. Either Samberg or Villi would be ready for the 3LD spot. Do others have an opinion on this?

Im with you. At first I was thinking DeMelo was the expendable one but after watching how well he plays with others and committed to Winnipeg, Dillon seems the be the odd man out. DeMelo stabilizes everyone he plays with. That’s unless they move Heinola to bolster the forward group if Chevy doesn’t see him fitting in here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad