brendan shanahan/craig janney?

canucks4ever

Mar 4, 2008
I was wondering if someone could give me the exact details of this situation. Is it true that shanhan scored a hat trick on his wife? Damn what an *******.

Do you think it had a pyschological affect on janney cuz his career went downhill quickly after this incident.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
lol, there is a story like this on almost every team. Lindros apparently got beaten up for doing the same thing to BrindAmour. The French Connection line apparently split up over this, it's all rumours no facts that I have ever heard to these stories

canucks4ever

Mar 4, 2008
Don't know about the hat trick, but Shanahan did marry her.

They have 3 kids so i guess he scored a hat trick.:biglaugh:

Brandon shanahan was just an average player in the league as a devil. Then he plays with janney in st. louis and turns into an instant star and he thanks him by screwing his wife, what a guy.

SouthFlyer82

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Shanahan was a point-per game player as a 22 yearold with the devils, i'd say thats better than average. I'd also say that Shanahan helped Janney as much if not more if you look at the way their careers went after Shanny got moved to Hartford.

As for the rumor, this time it actually seems very true. He was traded soon after this story was leaked in 95' and he is now married to Janneys ex-wife

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
They have 3 kids so i guess he scored a hat trick.:biglaugh:

Brandon shanahan was just an average player in the league as a devil. Then he plays with janney in st. louis and turns into an instant star and he thanks him by screwing his wife, what a guy.

Don't even know where to start with this one. I'm not sure how many teams would sign an "average player" to an offer sheet that normally would have caused them to lose five first round draft choices.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
the bigger story at he time was janney. he was in the midst of a top season, feeding pucks to shanny when this all went down. the blues went crazy and traded for fa holdout nedved with the nucks along with a few other players they picked up late in the season. as compensation the blues sent janney to the nucks, convenient for them to help clean up the locker room for obvious reasons. janney never showed up in vancouver. he went home to new england and went on a two week bender ( he had some booze and possibly other stuff issues). the nucks, obviously displeased with the situation, demanded resolution - i believe the league may have stepped in to help. in the end the blues were forced to send....jeff brown, brett hedican, and nathan lafayette to the nucks for guy who hadnt played all season for the rolling nucks who already had bure, linden, courtnall, maclean, lumme and basically a pretty stacked team already. this of course set the wheels in motion for the nucks run to the cup finals against the rangers. all three guy played a big role, brown and hedi were top 4 d men, and lafayette hit the post with minutes left in the game 7 loss.

the blues had to take janney back (?!) for the season, and all their moves totally backfired on them.

crazy story amidst a crazy season. this was mario's cancer season as well, i believe, where he missed 20 games with chemo, came back and recaught lafontaine for the scoring title. if he hadnt missed out his pt averages suggest he wouldve been over 200 pts, and maybe caught gretzky's single season mark.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
the bigger story at he time was janney. he was in the midst of a top season, feeding pucks to shanny when this all went down. the blues went crazy and traded for fa holdout nedved with the nucks along with a few other players they picked up late in the season. as compensation the blues sent janney to the nucks, convenient for them to help clean up the locker room for obvious reasons. janney never showed up in vancouver. he went home to new england and went on a two week bender ( he had some booze and possibly other stuff issues). the nucks, obviously displeased with the situation, demanded resolution - i believe the league may have stepped in to help. in the end the blues were forced to send....jeff brown, brett hedican, and nathan lafayette to the nucks for guy who hadnt played all season for the rolling nucks who already had bure, linden, courtnall, maclean, lumme and basically a pretty stacked team already. this of course set the wheels in motion for the nucks run to the cup finals against the rangers. all three guy played a big role, brown and hedi were top 4 d men, and lafayette hit the post with minutes left in the game 7 loss.

the blues had to take janney back (?!) for the season, and all their moves totally backfired on them.

crazy story amidst a crazy season. this was mario's cancer season as well, i believe, where he missed 20 games with chemo, came back and recaught lafontaine for the scoring title. if he hadnt missed out his pt averages suggest he wouldve been over 200 pts, and maybe caught gretzky's single season mark.

Lemiuex's cancer season was 92-93, the Janney thing was 93-94.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Shanahan was a point-per game player as a 22 yearold with the devils, i'd say thats better than average. I'd also say that Shanahan helped Janney as much if not more if you look at the way their careers went after Shanny got moved to Hartford.

As for the rumor, this time it actually seems very true. He was traded soon after this story was leaked in 95' and he is now married to Janneys ex-wife
Janney's credentials as a playmaker might've been helped just a little bit more by Neely and Hull than by Shanahan. Janney's career went south because of Keenan and injuries.

JarkkoRuutu

Nov 3, 2008

And then Jeff Brown messed around with McLean's wife :shakehead

thefifthsedin*

vancouver actually demanded shanahan but the blues gently refused and offered janney ...

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
They both went into the corner after the puck, and Shanahan came out with the puck. This happened in NHL games, and in real life. :D

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
So what is the story with this anyways. Does anyone have any insight on this? I mean was Shanahan the snake in this game? Was Janney's wife a ****? Was Janney a good husband? Or did he not care, and was a husband who mistreated his wife?

For example, when George Harrison learned that his wife had been having an affair with Eric Clapton (his good buddy) they were still friends. In fact he played at their eventual wedding and until his dying day was a good friend of his. In other words was Janney's marriage over as it was and was he almost relieved to have someone take her off his hands? Or was he bitter?

Zetsyuk

Farewell Nick.
Jul 19, 2008
Windsor, ON
So what is the story with this anyways. Does anyone have any insight on this? I mean was Shanahan the snake in this game? Was Janney's wife a ****? Was Janney a good husband? Or did he not care, and was a husband who mistreated his wife?

For example, when George Harrison learned that his wife had been having an affair with Eric Clapton (his good buddy) they were still friends. In fact he played at their eventual wedding and until his dying day was a good friend of his. In other words was Janney's marriage over as it was and was he almost relieved to have someone take her off his hands? Or was he bitter?

Can't go wrong with The Beatles. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad