Player Discussion: Brendan Lemieux Appreciation Thread

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I love how people are so quick to close the book on a player they don't like (Lemieux) yet will pain endlessly about a player they do (Petan). Lemieux's career was tracking just like his dad's did, and he did alright.

I'm glad to have Hayes, but sad to see Lemieux go. Too bad they wouldn't have taken little Nic instead.

I think Lemieux is going to be one of those 3rd line guys who provides decent offensive output for a bottom 6 guy, PK'ing and a lot of physical wherewithal.

Good luck Brendan!

Sounds like Little Nic is on his way out too so a couple of polarizing players/prospects being shipped out to force posters to debate about other topics now. :laugh:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Best of luck, you weren't my cup of tea but that's pretty irrelevant.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The NY Rangers acquired Brendan Lemieux (the son of Claude Lemieux of the NJ Devils) which delighted his Dad immensely.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I love how people are so quick to close the book on a player they don't like (Lemieux) yet will pain endlessly about a player they do (Petan). Lemieux's career was tracking just like his dad's did, and he did alright.

I'm glad to have Hayes, but sad to see Lemieux go. Too bad they wouldn't have taken little Nic instead.

I think Lemieux is going to be one of those 3rd line guys who provides decent offensive output for a bottom 6 guy, PK'ing and a lot of physical wherewithal.

Good luck Brendan!

When I think of "Jet" I think of not closing the book quickly on a player they don't like. :eek:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Should be able to carve out a fourth line grinder role that can score goals. We just have a lot of wingers with higher upside that Chevy valued more. He'll be a part of a rebuild in NY so should get a good amount of chance and ice time. Kinda wish he went to an Atlantic team so I could watch him torment TO and Boston :laugh:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Really enjoyed the night he got his 1st NHL goal. It will be interesting to see how this career path goes.

Good luck with the NYR

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Well I’m going to miss him and I think the Jets will miss him too.
He’s a fighter and a grinder with speed and some decent hands.
He’s not scared to go to the dirty areas.
There’s a lot to like there.
Good luck Brendan!

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I thought he was really starting to find his game in 2019, which is great because he seemed to be teetering on the brink of the bust zone coming into this season.

I was really looking forward to him smashing Tkachuk's face in in any potential series against the Flames (anybody else remember what happened in Penticton?).

I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on him, I think he's going to have a long career as a bottom 6 guy.

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
Sad to see him go as I was looking forward to see him in the playoffs. Feels like the kinda guy who will score some weird behind the net bouncer in overtime. Anyways, good luck to him in the future

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Bye Brendan, I really liked him, liked his grit and character so shame to see him go. He looked genuinely concerned when he lobbed the puck into the crowd during practice in Helsinki. Seemed to play with a big heart.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Provide example?
They may be referring to your condescending comments in the Petan trade thread...

I liked how well-spoken Lemieux was in interviews, and thought he was at least improving his game over time. He gave it his all. I got the sense that the room won't really miss him from some interviews ("he brought volume" seems like a backhanded comment). It was smart to sell high on him - there were a lot of lucky bounces going his way this year, and even with his effort it wasn't going to be sustainable, but who knows? Maybe he'll get a chance to develop his deflection skillz and find success on the PP. All the best, Lemmy, except when you play the Jets!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad