Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher suspended 5 games

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
2MgIXqd.gif

it's like some sort of wiley coyote cartoon in real life. my brain is inserting the sound effects all on its own.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
How will it be possible ? He is not injured. He is just totally worned. Only way to get rid of him is buying out his contract. HUGE $$$$$$$$.
Maybe he doesn't wanna be remembered as a donkey , he can still save himself the embarrassment out there , mutual agreement after his next injury wink wink.

I know its unlikely but Gally has enough wear and tear where the scenario is at least possible

Reactions: morhilane and 1909

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Gallagher is a team guy, he will get 'injured' if the team asks.

Love the guy, but he's done. Other than some 3 game spurt down the road, the guy just isn't able to contribute and we look 100% better with NHL/AHL tweeners than him in the lineup.

Gally, it has been real.

Reactions: morhilane and 1909

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Maybe he doesn't wanna be remembered as a donkey , he can still save himself the embarrassment out there , mutual agreement after his next injury wink wink.

I know its unlikely but Gally has enough wear and tear where the scenario is at least possible
LTIR doesn't work like that. Gallagher only problem is that he is too slow for the NHL now and not that he can't play hockey because of a medical condition that if healed means he can play again.

Unless he gets injured and the injury doesn't heal, it's buyout or enduring until his contract is over.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
LTIR doesn't work like that. Gallagher only problem is that he is too slow for the NHL now and not that he can't play hockey because of a medical condition that if healed means he can play again.
Well, there is a very thin line with defining those medical conditions. People were questioning Hossa's skin infection, but that was pretty clear. Kucherov couple years ago, now Eichel, even Landeskog.
Do you think Carey cannot handle few games with some painkiller?

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Gallagher is the king of guy whose gonna play even injured. Forget LTIR
This is what people would have said about Ryan Callahan or Paul Byron too.

He might feel that way right now, but after another season playing 3rd-4th line minutes and struggling to produce that might change. Even for the most heart and soul players there eventually comes a time when the idea of training 2x a day all summer just to go through another 82-game gauntlet of constant injury management becomes too daunting when the alternative is making 6.5M/yr to attend two doctor's appointments.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Well, there is a very thin line with defining those medical conditions. People were questioning Hossa's skin infection, but that was pretty clear. Kucherov couple years ago, now Eichel, even Landeskog.
Do you think Carey cannot handle few games with some painkiller?
It's not a thin line. The NHL actually refuse to put players on LTIR if they get operations that resolve their physical issues for daily usage that would lead to them not being able to play again. That's what happened with Weber, he wanted to do an operation that would lead to him not being able to skate anymore (the result would have been no more ankle flexion) and the NHL said "no retire if you do that, no LTIR".

Carey would still be playing if he could and his main issue isn't pain, but chronic inflammation. He's not even getting the knee replacement he needs to not be dropped from LTIR.

Landeskog has been skating for a few weeks after getting a knee operation, he's trying to come back to play. Kucherov had an operation with a rehab that was very well timed. Eichel is injured and week-to-week, I'm not sure why you are bringing him up, LTIR is meant to create cap relief for injured players who will miss a minimum of 10 games/24 days...

This is what people would have said about Ryan Callahan or Paul Byron too.
Byron couldn't skate anymore because of his unhealing operated hip. And he actually tried to skate over the entire season.

I actually think players have to show they are rehabing/trying to come back the entire time they are on LTIR.

JurequeparJuraj

Feb 20, 2013
by the sea
He's good for the tank I'll admit.. but..

Its ridicoulous at this point... the guy is like a beer leaguer.

Eleven years ago I was shouting his name while building houses in Nunavik cause he was a f******g warrior.

I hate him with a passion now.

Need to get off the the team ASAP.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Permanent LTIR on Robidas Island with Price. Sipping martinis and bickering about the good old days.
Can’t do that without a legit injury, as league gets independent Dr to authorize. I get people keep bringing up Kucherov missing a season as a convenient excuse, but that was a legit hip issue

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal

Unless he gets injured and the injury doesn't heal, it's buyout or enduring until his contract is over.
This made me remember Clarke MacArthur. He had lots of concussions issues, bit got into great shape just to fail his physical at training camp. He was put on LTIR for the remainder of his contract and it was never revealed how he failed his physical. MacArthur seemed pretty pissed about it even making negative statements about it on socials. Is it the case for that a patient or a doctor could just make something seem worse or interpret it differently to obtain a desired outcome of LTIR?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
This made me remember Clarke MacArthur. He had lots of concussions issues, bit got into great shape just to fail his physical at training camp. He was put on LTIR for the remainder of his contract and it was never revealed how he failed his physical. MacArthur seemed pretty pissed about it even making negative statements about it on socials. Is it the case for that a patient or a doctor could just make something seem worse or interpret it differently to obtain a desired outcome of LTIR?
The NHL has doctors do a check up to approve full season LTIR now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Seen a few games of late and man, he is not aging like a fine wine is he? Then again some fine wine can get corked and looks like that has happened to him.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Can’t do that without a legit injury, as league gets independent Dr to authorize. I get people keep bringing up Kucherov missing a season as a convenient excuse, but that was a legit hip issue
Fairly sure they'd hit a wall with the insurance company's doctors. They're not just going to pay because a team feels it'd help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad