Post-Game Talk: Break out the old Nintendo Duck Hunt ... Ducks @ Preds, 1/9/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Play like crap for about 50 minutes then turn it on and close it up. Aggravating.

One point better than last season's squad at the midway point. One game above .500 at home. Saros and Lankinen combining to give up 3 or more in 60% of their starts ... 4 or more in 35% .... goaltending needs to tighten up for the second half.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Resident Deadhead just home from that debacle, to put it in song title terms we hoping for Fire on the Mountain and instead we got a Brokedown Palace. Ouch.

Play like crap for 55 minutes and then amazing final 5. Idiots.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
One was a blame him all day long (first) ... one was a deflection off a defender that was going wide ... one was a snipe that he had minimal chance to stop.
You can give a reason for all of the goals you want but he (Juuse) is still giving up way too many goals. Excuses are a dime a dozen.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
You can give a reason for all of the goals you want but he (Juuse) is still giving up way too many goals. Excuses are a dime a dozen.
When words really mean things then excuses and reasons differ. Players can be held accountable for plays where they are to blame for an outcome.

Two of last night's goals against are on Jusse. Two are deflections off defenders (the wrap around wasn't as much a deflection off Evangalista as Daunic tried to make it seem ... Jusse wasn't back over in time to seal that post). One is just Juuse is a short goalie and cannot block high and low simultaneously and left a gap in the top corner that his head couldn't fill in time. Not making the stops he should have put the team down early and created the cascade.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
When words really mean things then excuses and reasons differ. Players can be held accountable for plays where they are to blame for an outcome.

Two of last night's goals against are on Jusse. Two are deflections off defenders (the wrap around wasn't as much a deflection off Evangalista as Daunic tried to make it seem ... Jusse wasn't back over in time to seal that post). One is just Juuse is a short goalie and cannot block high and low simultaneously and left a gap in the top corner that his head couldn't fill in time. Not making the stops he should have put the team down early and created the cascade.
So when Jusse is playing well he doesn't give up the two softies and maybe stops one of the others. You can give up a softie even two if you figure out how to make some stops you shouldn't have. But he's not doing either.

So he's playing like shit, I think we all agree

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
So when Jusse is playing well he doesn't give up the two softies and maybe stops one of the others. You can give up a softie even two if you figure out how to make some stops you shouldn't have. But he's not doing either.

So he's playing like shit, I think we all agree
There is no making the stop on a play like where McD knocks it in. Blame him for things that are his fault.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
There is no making the stop on a play like where McD knocks it in. Blame him for things that are his fault.
You miss the point. There are always goals no goalie can stop. But usually no more than one or two a game. You win when you stop all the ones you can/should stop. Saros is letting in the unstoppables plus a couple of stinkers and that's hard to overcome.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I am not trying to bash Juuse. He has been an incredible player at times and the reason the Preds won a lot of games because he made some unbelievable stops. So in saying that, I give you that one goal. What about the other 4? What about the other goals in the last 3 games where the other team scored 5 goals. Were those his fault or do we blame it on one of his teammates? Is it ok in saying he is playing some bad hockey right now for whatever reason. That Dallas game has messed with his head. Maybe he needs more than a game off. IDK. But we (Preds) sure do need him if we are to make a run in the second half of the season for a playoff spot. He can carry this team, just not right now.

Reactions: SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce