3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I keep a running list of words I encounter that I really like or that seem cool and I have to look up because I'm a dummy and haven't encountered them before.

Abstemious, benighted, equerry, psychopomp, etc. I'm a huge nerd.
I can honestly say I have never seen any of the words you mentioned and despite not having the slightest clue of their meaning, I now want to find ways to work them into normal conversation! :laugh:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I love seeing chicanery used in a post. It is a wonderful word.

Yeah, it's a good one. Those are my college years rearing their head again.

I've always been one to believe that if you're going to win or lose, it's because of shots and goals at the end of the day, but I can't say I'm not enjoying our response. We've taken absolutely no shit in this series.

I keep a running list of words I encounter that I really like or that seem cool and I have to look up because I'm a dummy and haven't encountered them before.

giphy.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Spencer Carbery's Game 3 pre-game speech: You got your asses whipped by a bunch of nerds! I would get up and redeem myself in the eyes of my father, my maker, and my coach!"

Ovechkin: "Let's get those nerds!"

Classic movie. Did you know that Toshiro was the same actor Brian Tochi, as the voice of Leonardo in the 1990 TMNT movies? Was also in the Police Academy movies.

See, showing off my nerd skills. lol.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I can honestly say I have never seen any of the words you mentioned and despite not having the slightest clue of their meaning, I now want to find ways to work them into normal conversation! :laugh:
Abstemious - not self-indulgent. Prone to eating or drinking a modest amount.

Benighted - in a state of pitiful or contemptible intellectual or moral ignorance, typically owing to a lack of opportunity; overtaken by darkness.

Equerry - Personal assistant or attendant to a member of the royal family. lol, not that useful.

Psychopomp - Spiritual guide of a person's soul or a guide of souls to the place of the dead.

Anyway, since there's no game until Friday, I'm blowing my cover as a word nerd.

• Love
Reactions: Gardner McKay

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Classic movie. Did you know that Toshiro was the same actor Brian Tochi, as the voice of Leonardo in the 1990 TMNT movies? Was also in the Police Academy movies.

See, showing off my nerd skills. lol.

You deserve some Liquid Heat in your shorts for being such a nerd.

But yes, I am aware. He became Callahan's bf in Police Academy.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022

behold my words of the day list:

Attachments

• 60E30172-3B17-40BD-A30D-2155E64470E8.jpeg
    60E30172-3B17-40BD-A30D-2155E64470E8.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Megustaelhockey

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Third period and the first halves of 1 and 2 were garbage

They're playing at half speed lately and I don't like it. Wake up. It's round 1. Washington is a bad team, there's no excuse for them to have control over a game like that (yes I know special teams didn't help here)

Loved Panarin's hit on Oshie. Couldn't give a f*** less if it was clean. Wish it hit him harder. f***ing rat. It's Panarin's Shane Churla moment.

This series is still probably over in 4 or 5 but for f***s sake boys lets get it moving. It should not have been close last night.
That’s the thing, I think people are underestimating how bad this Washington team is. If this game happened against any other playoff team it wouldn’t have been as big of a deal. Plus they have been missing Jensen and Sandin, two of their 3 best defenseman. If they both return and the Rangers play like that going forward it might not end up in a win again. The rangers have to bring far more than they did last night going forward.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
That’s the thing, I think people are underestimating how bad this Washington team is. If this game happened against any other playoff team it wouldn’t have been as big of a deal. Plus they have been missing Jensen and Sandin, two of their 3 best defenseman. If they both return and the Rangers play like that going forward it might not end up in a win again. The rangers have to bring far more than they did last night going forward.

I don't see a problem. Why go all out and spend everything in the tank on a bad team? They were still good enough to come out on top both times despite not playing their A game. If Jensen and Sandin were in there and made things tougher, the team would have played to the level required to win.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Took an egregiously called game for Washington to even have a prayer. Loved how they were never rattled and the pushback. Let them cry about the Panarin hit Oshie had it coming tonight and for some borderline hits on Lindgren we all remember. Live by the sword die by the sword.
Oshie flagrantly high sticked Pan while he had the puck, with no call of course, then chirped a bunch at him. Panarin took the number and blasted him a little later. f*** Oshie.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I don't see a problem. Why go all out and spend everything in the tank on a bad team? They were still good enough to come out on top both times despite not playing their A game. If Jensen and Sandin were in there and made things tougher, the team would have played to the level required to win.
Is it that simple? I’m not so sure but maybe.

Reactions: will1066

LottieDottie

Oct 13, 2008
NY
i didn't know where to post this inquiry but does anyone know if this display will be up on non-home game or no game days during playoffs?

yfzrujxmsxmfq71bag6f.jpg

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Okay. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Wilson for that elbow. I'd be pretty pissed if I were him after the sack tap from Cuylle :laugh:
Hahahaha. Oh please, Wilson was just upset that the refs didn't buy his terrible act when he when he grabbed the stick and held it against his groin while pretending Cuylle just gave him a vasectomy. That team is such a bunch of dirtbags with the acting and diving, and the bitching when they get "out physical-ed."

The Caps really dont like it when you do to them what theyve done to us for a decade+. I love seeing their frustration with how overmatched they are.
DITTO

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
i didn't know where to post this inquiry but does anyone know if this display will be up on non-home game or no game days during playoffs?

yfzrujxmsxmfq71bag6f.jpg

For home playoff games it always sets up on 31st side of MSG around 330-4. Thats the only time its out there in my experience.

Reactions: LottieDottie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad