Post-Game Talk: Bread Truck Delivery

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
reading the caps board.. the extent to which they swear that if any capital had done what Panarin did there would be penalties and/or suspensions is bizarre.

Did they not see wilson hit zibanejad high hard and late twice in game 1? did they not see the footage of Oshie clamping and face washing panarin earlier in the game?
he was trying to bully panarin and got a hit he wasn't expecting. tom wilson fans of all people should understand that is fair play.

Not to mention Oshie trying to push Miller over the boards when his back was on the dasher. Happy to see Key give him a mouthful of glove for his troubles

The refs in this series have been absolutely crooked.

It's an embarrassment.

Kreider getting slashed & crosschecked constantly in front & just PUSHES back & they call him for a cross check.

Disgraceful. It's like watching WWE wrestling.

Wilson and TVR looked like Olympic divers on the first 2 penalties called against us. Wilson was looking for a call even before he got to the ice on the Trouba "trip" in the first.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Not to mention Oshie trying to push Miller over the boards when his back was on the dasher. Happy to see Key give him a mouthful of glove for his troubles

Wilson and TVR looked like Olympic divers on the first 2 penalties called against us. Wilson was looking for a call even before he got to the ice on the Trouba "trip" in the first.
Beninati and Laughlin call a pretty even-keel game on the Caps network and they even thought TVR embellished. But Laughlin was beside himself on the Panarin non-call.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Okay. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Wilson for that elbow. I'd be pretty pissed if I were him after the sack tap from Cuylle :laugh:
Sack Tap??!?!? I think you meant Gash Slash but yep, that :eek::eek::eek::eek: should be ornery.

Didn't see either of rhe first two games but I'm happy. As a fan, if you aren't right now then, for me, you are doing it wrong.

Oh and NST had xGF 3.22 vs 2.11 Rangers in all situations so they won a game they were suppose to. Don't see the problem.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The refs are just so inconsistent and its infuriating.

It goes both ways too.

You can't make a ticky-tack call such as a weak stick foul to the hands that leads to a PPG and then decide not to call it several times later in the game. OR completely miss several high sticks to the face of a PUCK CARRIER.

Its the same ole story. After every playoff game they find a way to become a topic.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
To win a Cup you need to really be consistent in your game and making sound decisions as much as possible for 60 or more minutes.

I dont think they played super poorly, they got the job done and had some really nice individual efforts/contributions. They did enough to beat a Caps team that is obviously doing their best each period to hang on. I didnt think the goals the Caps scored were that bad of a breakdown on the Rangers part either. They got a bounce or two, but they made them with hard work, which is fine. You arent going to get a shutout every game or play perfect either, as you said. Theres another team busting their ass out there too.

However, my worry with this series is the Rangers playing down to the Capitals level and getting into some bad habits. They didnt manage the puck particularly well on a whole this game, gave pucks away under pressure but also made several unforced mental errors. Its not like the urgency wasnt there and they were physical and had a good response to the BS the Caps were trying to get away with. Its just lapses they need to tighten up.

A wins a win, for sure - but after watching thousands of games and hundreds of postseason games, I dont want to sugar coat a win where there were several things that need to be sharpened up. Its not to say it wont come around. They will need to be better if they want to build to 16 wins and theres nothing wrong with saying that.

The great thing is they are talented enough to get away with it at this point. But that wont be the case later on in the dance. Then it will be a problem. I have faith in the players and coaching staff and they know they need to be sharper. I dont think its a hot take around here.
Two sides to that. Maybe they do play down to their opponent. It's hard not to when the Caps are turning it into a shitshow of penalties, grabbing, etc. On the other hand, they have played at the level of good teams and beat them too. In the playoffs you're rarely going to dominate for anything near 60 minutes. These other teams are desperate for their shot at the Cup. They'll make runs, get momentum, etc. You survive those and retake control letting your talent in out. A win's a win this time of year.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I think this thread needs to be more positive. We didn't look great. Ok. We can matchup with multiple styles which we will need starting round 2 if we get there. This one won't be pretty. But we are out muscling a boring slow team that wants to hit us and slow us down. Panarin is willing to do anything for a run. We should be ecstatic right now. The more I think about that game, the happier I am with it.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
The refs are just so inconsistent and its infuriating.

It goes both ways too.

You can't make a ticky-tack call such as a weak stick foul to the hands that leads to a PPG and then decide not to call it several times later in the game. OR completely miss several high sticks to the face of a PUCK CARRIER.

Its the same ole story. After every playoff game they find a way to become a topic.
Yep, during the game it's so obvious how inconsistent. Kreider called for a crosscheck. ok. Truba blasted from behind, no call. The stick work not called, etc. Games over no sense letting it annoy me for the next few days. There will be a whole new set of complaints Friday. If the refs called everything it would be nothing but PP all night. No idea how they determine what to call. I don't believe in conspiracies, etc.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Two sides to that. Maybe they do play down to their opponent. It's hard not to when the Caps are turning it into a shitshow of penalties, grabbing, etc. On the other hand, they have played at the level of good teams and beat them too. In the playoffs you're rarely going to dominate for anything near 60 minutes. These other teams are desperate for their shot at the Cup. They'll make runs, get momentum, etc. You survive those and retake control letting your talent in out. A win's a win this time of year.
I agree with this take, sure.

You take them however you can get them and this team has found a way to get the W in a number of different ways.

I don't want to shit on that ability, because in an of itself thats super important and why they have home ice the entire playoffs.

And yeah, maybe its hard to find that full focus in their game due to the opponent. My hope is we begin to see a tighter system and dictate the game that they want to play (they have the ability to do that to this team) and a couple of road games could be exactly what the doctor ordered.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Oshie is a borderline dirtbag player and I'm glad he got some comeuppance from Panarin.
Agreed about Oshie being a dirty, sneaky rat. However, he def got under Panarin's skin and when the refs didn't call anything on TJ, especially the high sticking, Panarin had to take things into his own hands. Panarin wasn't very effective last night because Oshie was in his head all game. If people don't see that, I don't know what to say.

Although it's great to see that type of a response from your star player, MVP candidate, I personally don't think Panarin should be engaging with Oshie. It should have been handled by someone...Rempe, that's why we have him. I would rather he take a penalty on a dirty hit to Oshie, sending a message that you don't even think of going near our top player, than that stupid penalty he took in the third period.

We can't have the Caps, who are clearly way overmatched in this series, take liberties on our top players without retribution, there's no excuse for it. So what if we take a penalty or two against them, especially at home. If we're afraid to take to take worthy penalties against this team for fear of losing to them, we're in deep, deep trouble!

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yep, during the game it's so obvious how inconsistent. Kreider called for a crosscheck. ok. Truba blasted from behind, no call. The stick work not called, etc. Games over no sense letting it annoy me for the next few days. There will be a whole new set of complaints Friday. If the refs called everything it would be nothing but PP all night. No idea how they determine what to call. I don't believe in conspiracies, etc.

That game had Wes McCauley's fingerprints all over it

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Agreed about Oshie being a dirty, sneaky rat. However, he def got under Panarin's skin and when the refs didn't call anything on TJ, especially the high sticking, Panarin had to take things into his own hands. Panarin wasn't very effective last night because Oshie was in his head all game. If people don't see that, I don't know what to say.

Although it's great to see that type of a response from your star player, MVP candidate, I personally don't think Panarin should be engaging with Oshie. It should have been handled by someone...Rempe, that's why we have him. I would rather he take a penalty on a dirty hit to Oshie, sending a message that you don't even think of going near our top player, than that stupid penalty he took in the third period.

We can't have the Caps, who are clearly way overmatched in this series, take liberties on our top players without retribution, there's no excuse for it. So what if we take a penalty or two against them, especially at home. If we're afraid to take to take worthy penalties against this team for fear of losing to them, we're in deep, deep trouble!
Was thinking the same thing after Oshie went after Panarin on the wall. That cant happen. I also love the response from Panarin and this team as a whole hasnt backed down. In the same breath, you cant let that shit change your game/approach/focus. Thats what the Caps want. As you said they know the chances are low they come out on top in this series.

Im not saying they need to target Oshie but they need to stay as the aggressors and not allow the Caps to take liberties. Wilson is one of the most dangerous and unpredictable players in the league so its just a matter of time before he loses his head. Oshie, we've all seen how he can be a sneaky force which resulted in putting Lindgren out.

Gotta keep them honest as much as possible without taking penalties. Easier said than done with the officiating weve seen. Its a slippery-slope

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think this thread needs to be more positive. We didn't look great. Ok. We can matchup with multiple styles which we will need starting round 2 if we get there. This one won't be pretty. But we are out muscling a boring slow team that wants to hit us and slow us down. Panarin is willing to do anything for a run. We should be ecstatic right now. The more I think about that game, the happier I am with it.
Good take, i like

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
A win's a win. 2 down 14 to go.

The refs & the league should be ashamed of that display.
I gotta believe the Rangers KNOW who they're playing, they know they've got this. Not saying they're taking it for granted, but I gotta believe if they were playing the Canes or any other "reputable opponent" they would raise their level of play.
And HOW THE HELL am I supposed to see what I am typing when there are 3 ads flooding my screen. I literally HATE coming here becuse of this. Not you guys, this bullshit. Just too damned much.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
This is off-topic, but why are the Rangers NEVER in the NHL's "Your morning league news is here!" eblast? On the morning after they won the President's Trophy, nothing. After the game 2 win, nothing.

How can the league be so obviously anti-NYC and "get away with it"?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is off-topic, but why are the Rangers NEVER in the NHL's "Your morning league news is here!" eblast? On the morning after they won the President's Trophy, nothing. After the game 2 win, nothing.

How can the league be so obviously anti-NYC and "get away with it"?
They don't really care about our market because our market draws money pretty much regardless of the context it's in.

It's not unique to the Rangers. The Giants/Jets and Knicks generally aren't hot topics in mainstream coverage in those sports either.

The only New York team that's "trendy" is the Yankees because them being the heel appeals to every market.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Happy that they won, but man the flaws this team has are so apparent in games like this. It should not be this difficult against this capitals team.

Hate to say it but Panarin is proving that he is not a big game player whatsoever. Guy has done nothing outside of his goal. Very disappointing. We really need Chytil back to add some more offensive flare. Might not matter this series but still.
Not pointed at you, but just 2 pages in, I am already sick of the whining, complaining and criticizing of "supposedly" the team that we support. Yeah, that's right, no other PO teams have any flaws. Haha, what a joke, they all do.
Only 2 games in, and you are convinced he isn't? I'm seeing he has already been better than his last 2 years. Even Mika seems a bit more willing to go to areas of the ice, that he hasn't seen during the reg. season.

I put in the second line. Laffy growing by the day, Trochy being himself, and Bread almost knocked a Cap out of the playoffs.
I thought his teeth were real?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Not pointed at you, but just 2 pages in, I am already sick of the whining, complaining and criticizing of "supposedly" the team that we support. Yeah, that's right, no other PO teams have any flaws. Haha, what a joke, they all do.
Only 2 games in, and you are convinced he isn't? I'm seeing he has already been better than his last 2 years. Even Mika seems a bit more willing to go to areas of the ice, that he hasn't seen during the reg. season.

Oshie is the player on the Caps who kills us the most and he has been a complete non-factor chasing Panarin around. Love the engagement from Bread in a game where the Caps gameplan was clearly to hit him and get in his kitchen and neutralize him. He didnt get on the scoresheet but the 2 centers he plays with the most had dominant games and we won.

Reactions: NYRangers16

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
People complaining about this game as if they didn't watch the regular season. The Rangers are a very good team, but with flaws. Yet, they usually find a way to win even if ugly sometimes.

I have said on many occasions to friends that the Rangers are the worst team I have ever seen at clearing a puck from the defensive zone. We have more than a few low hockey IQ players on this team. It hurts them under pressure imo.

Our centers often lose their man in the defensive zone and sometimes the defensemen are completely out of position. Sometimes the forwards play a lazy game defensively, too. That's just who we are sometimes. Yet they find a way to win.

I've never been a big fan of Panarin in the playoffs. He usually plays too much on the perimeter, but I loved that hit on Oshie. Even the star players have to be somewhat physical in the playoffs. Welcome to playoff hockey Artemie. If the refs aren't going to protect you, then you have to protect yourself. I think the hit bodes well for his intensity level the rest of the playoffs.

Take the win boys. 2 more to go to dispose of this crappy team. Washington has to try to rough things up because they don't have the skill level to stay with us. Oshie is a sneaky dirty weasel. He deserved it. Wilson can talk all the crap he wants, but he will be watching the playoffs from his tv in a few days.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Jeez, can you believe all of this? What if we were down 2? Way too high expectations. Expectations of winning is one thing, expecting perfection or 8-0 blowouts are another.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
They don't really care about our market because our market draws money pretty much regardless of the context it's in.

It's not unique to the Rangers. The Giants/Jets and Knicks generally aren't hot topics in mainstream coverage in those sports either.

The only New York team that's "trendy" is the Yankees because them being the heel appeals to every market.
I definitely understand "money" and "markets," but is not even clinching first overall worth noting in the NHL's own marketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad