Post-Game Talk: Bread Truck Delivery

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@HolyHagelin

Last night's game is what I'm looking for from Kreider.

His hustle led to 2 goals for (#2, he was the first guy engage on a board battle that they eventually won that led to the Zibanejad goal and #4 where the heat he put on McMichael - forced a bad pass that OV couldn't handle.)

He had a really rough final shift but so did everyone else out there aside from funny enough, Trouba.

You are not wrong about Kreider but when he puts up 39 goals and 70+ points, I tend to overlook some of the other stuff. He is also one of the reasons why our PK is so effective, same with Mika. These guys just need to figure it out at ES. That’s going to be critical if we plan to have a long run in these playoffs.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I just still worry about Wilson doing something genuinely psychopathic now that we're going in to WSH. He, along with every other Caps player, has been looking for every excuse in the book to do something real dirty. From Game 1 off the hop I've seen multiple Caps players trying to sell as much as they can.
That's why Rempe has to play. Wilson doesn't want no part of that.
It would surprise me if Kreider or Goodrow knocks Wilson the f*** out.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

"All of the work with Panarin and Lafreniere, on the power play, penalty kill, empty net situations both ways and leadership in the room still isn't enough for Trocheck to laud himself.

Is this his best season, he was asked?

"Ask me again in two months," he answered.

It might be a relevant question then too."

I LOVE that quote!!

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
"All of the work with Panarin and Lafreniere, on the power play, penalty kill, empty net situations both ways and leadership in the room still isn't enough for Trocheck to laud himself.
Is this his best season, he was asked?

"Ask me again in two months," he answered.

It might be a relevant question then too."

I LOVE that quote!!
that dude wants a Cup

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
You are not wrong about Kreider but when he puts up 39 goals and 70+ points, I tend to overlook some of the other stuff. He is also one of the reasons why our PK is so effective, same with Mika. These guys just need to figure it out at ES. That’s going to be critical if we plan to have a long run in these playoffs.
Isn't he something like 4th on the team in ES points? I think this 5v5 stuff is getting blown out of proportion a bit.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
And the thing is, this team didn't get all-world goaltending this year.

GAR and GSAx both rank Igor between 10th and 15th, and Quick somewhere in the 20's.

They were good, but it's not like the Hank years.

We got borderline top-10 goaltending and won 55 games with shitty analytics. Something is amiss.

Our shooting was 19th and our PDO was 18th. We weren't a lucky team.

And we're getting fed insider info directly from the guy with his own model who says we're a top-10 team.
Obviously I don't follow the numbers like you do, but after reading the stats that you just posted it just lends me to thinking this. This team has been solid for some years now, they got oosted 2 years ago, and embarrassed last year. Numbers have gotten involved in hockey similar to baseball, but when push comes to shove it's a people game. These players have to be feeling embarrassed from last year. They want retribution. They want their names to be written down an infamy like the ancestors of 1993/94. Nobody knows what next year brings, and they have a decent shot this year. So regardless of the numbers, it still comes down to the players want and desire.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Isn't he something like 4th on the team in ES points? I think this 5v5 stuff is getting blown out of proportion a bit.
Agreed. Our PP is 3rd, we are a plus/minus +53, and the team KNOWS how to win. I'd say half of our losses were basically blowouts where our goaltending gave up 3 in the 1st and had no chance in that game. IMO, all we need to be is maybe a little over 5/5 and we will win based on everything else. I don't need to be a braniac to feel what I see, or see what I feel.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
But they don't call penalties in the playoffs so special teams and all....
That’s actually untrue. Wes is Wes and a terrible ref, but on average there are more penalties leading to power plays called in playoff games.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Caps fans still whining about the hit...

I seriously don't understand it. The Caps and the league, both chose violence when Wilson decided to be "physical" with Buchnevich and Panarin a few years ago. The Rangers restructured literally their entire team and management in the wake of that choice to better align with the league's view of physicality.

Congrats... play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Here is your bed. Have a nice summer.

Reactions: Brutananadilewski

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I realize that, but that's not what the majority are saying all season when pushing the idea that we're just special teams and a goalie.

Teams have won the cup with worse formulas than a fantastic power play, and great goaltending.

Caps fans still whining about the hit...

I seriously don't understand it. The Caps and the league, both chose violence when Wilson decided to be "physical" with Buchnevich and Panarin a few years ago. The Rangers restructured literally their entire team and management in the wake of that choice to better align with the league's view of physicality.

Congrats... play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Here is your bed. Have a nice summer.
Let’s not even equate that after the whistle scrum with a legit reverse hit by Panarin.

Wilson has had a career of borderline or not so borderline plays.
Panarin has not.

I feel bad for oshie if he has a concussion and don’t wish that on anyone.
But this is hockey, that’s a risk.

Reactions: Vaheh

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Teams have won the cup with worse formulas than a fantastic power play, and great goaltending.

Let’s not even equate that after the whistle scrum with a legit reverse hit by Panarin.

Wilson has had a career of borderline or not so borderline plays.
Panarin has not.

I feel bad for oshie if he has a concussion and don’t wish that on anyone.
But this is hockey, that’s a risk.

I don't.

Not as dirty as Wilson, but definitely a rung beneath him. There's a reason Panarin did what he did to Oshie.

I don't wish injury upon anyone, but if an opposing player likes playing dirty, then to hell with it: better them than one of our players getting hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad