OT: Braydon Coburn announces retirement and will continue to call Tampa home

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

After being traded to the Lightning in 2015, my family and I fell in love with living in Tampa and being a part of such a great community and team. It felt very natural for us to continue to live in Tampa after my playing career. When people ask me what I enjoy so much about Tampa, the obvious answer is the weather, but it really goes much deeper than that. It's the people that live here, from neighbors, friends, and adopted family that have shown my family such kindness and love. My children Rory and Blair have basically grown up here, and I'm thankful I get to raise them in such a great place. My wife Nadine and I are also proud to continue to support amazing local organizations like The Spring of Tampa Bay, which has been at the forefront of creating change and educating the community about domestic violence while protecting survivors of domestic violence. We have also involved ourselves with the Humane Society of Tampa and the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation.
My focus as I transition to retirement is centered around my family. I'm looking forward to just being around them more. Both of my kids play hockey and helping them and their teams is something I'm excited about doing. Tampa and the surrounding areas have developed many fantastic minor hockey programs for boys and girls. I love being around the game, talking about the game and just being a part of the action, so I'll always stay involved.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Best of luck to Coburn, that was a great trade for us and it seems like a guy everyone likes.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
All the best to him. Was a solid top 4 d-man for a while and a very good bottom pairing guy in his later years as well. Glad he stuck around long enough to win that first Cup.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Underappreciated at times but the guy was great early on. Even as a 5/6 he held it down. Glad he won it with us.

Didn't get to play much during that Cup run in 2020 but it was overdue for his contributions in the failed Cup runs in the seasons previous. He'd been to the SCF twice and lost before as well so even better that he finally got his just rewards.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Was always one of those guys that gave it his all every night. Ill always remember his changeup goal in game 7 against the Wings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad