WWE: Bray Wyatt released

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
If Bray does come to AEW I want him to do something like his character from WWE before the fiend. I’d rather he have nothing to do with Dark Order because what they’re doing now is good and don’t need them to go away from it.

Reactions: Kaner9

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
AEW fans are f***ing trash.

Chased Alexa Bliss off twitter claiming this is her fault and demanding Bray replace his dead friend in the Dark Order despite Evil Uno and company saying to knock it off.

Shame on you neckbeards

AEW legit isn't a bad promotion but it's fans are the worst of the worst. Its all the wrestling neckbeards given a voice. Tony is too weak a mark to do anything about it, and Kenny is too up the Buck's ass to notice.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just stunning incompetence on WWE's part. Constantly got himself over, constantly shitty booking.

He won two world titles with them despite wrestling fans voting him as the worst gimmick in Dave's WON awards multiple years in a row (and these are mostly AEW fans, as WWE fans don't bother with Dave anymore)

He is reportedly having a legit hard time with Brodie's death and most likely needs more time to deal with it.

Most likely he will get rehired in a year once he is feeling better just like Joe got rehired and most likely how Braun will get rehired (who Dubbalo's don't want hired, because he apparently doesn't fit their mud wrestling show)

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Well to each their own. All I'll say is that is that A) it's not always meant to be serious and B) The Dark Order perform in the ring. With regards to ring work, Grayson and Uno are for me a top two tag team in AEW.
Imagine criticizing someone on the basis of doing a really nice thing for a young kid who lost his whole world, moon, and stars.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Imagine criticizing someone on the basis of doing a really nice thing for a young kid who lost his whole world, moon, and stars.

They are exploiting this kid. He should be in school, but they parade him out for these neckbeards (unpaid mind you. He and his mother are not paid for his appearances) shirtless with Tay and these gross mother f***ers ship them together ignoring he is a child because they are neckbeard man children wishing they were hugging Tay Conti.

It was nice the first week they did it. It's gross exploitation at this point.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
They are exploiting this kid. He should be in school, but they parade him out for these neckbeards (unpaid mind you. He and his mother are not paid for his appearances) shirtless with Tay and these gross mother f***ers ship them together ignoring he is a child because they are neckbeard man children wishing they were hugging Tay Conti.

I don’t hate either company, watch all weekly shows available on tsn/sportsnet for both, and stream all ppv for both. I am not a good sparring partner for you here.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I find raw garbage. Nxt a wrestling show. Smackdown is the best sports entertainment show on TV. Aew is a video game... it's fun but yes toxic fans for sure.

Aew Is like ecw ish.. ish because ecw didn't really go after huge name wwf guys because wwf didn't release big name guys. Aew Is kind of indy Mudfest niche

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

You do know his mother has addressed people saying this right? You are pretty f***ing dumb if you think he isn't going to school to show up to AEW once or twice every couple months :laugh:. Like he is a 12 year old kid absolutely obsessed with wrestling and he loves all the people at AEW...but his mother should totally put a stop to it because anonymous losers on the internet think he is being exploited lol. I will also add you took that to a really weird place with the Tay Conti bit there...are you okay.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
He won two world titles with them despite wrestling fans voting him as the worst gimmick in Dave's WON awards multiple years in a row (and these are mostly AEW fans, as WWE fans don't bother with Dave anymore)

Those world titles meant very little. WWE dropped the ball on Wyatt so many times. Probably the most misused character in WWE history.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

somebody had a fun Saturday night

I like corny too but maybe dial it back a bit, you’re trying too hard. You’d have a stronger argument if an incel WWE fan didn’t just stalk female talent a couple months ago. The issues you see in the wrestling community are not limited to aew fans, just like the issues you see in the mma community aren’t limited to ufc fans

Really weird to be this offended over a company being nice to an 8 year old whose dad died while working for them. He’s not live touring with them like he’s god damn MJF , you understand this yes? I don’t watch AEW religiously but I can’t remember the last time I saw him, and even if I did see him I wouldn’t give a f*** because the kid is clearly having a great time in what will end up being one of the worst years of his life. If you’re as angry as you appear to be about that then idk what to tell you other than maybe hop off the high horse for a split second

And I don’t even like dark order and i think they’re lame. But them helping a kid whose been through some awful shit? Yeah that ain’t why

as for Bray well yeah, he got completely ruined. They beat him in every possible big match when he was a Max Cady wannabe, and when he was the fiend they killed him dead with the Rollins match. Then somebody revived him only to immediately murder him in a more violent way with the Bliss stuff

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm surprised that WWE released him (probably shouldn't be) but it's probably for the best. Nothing has convinced me that Wyatt is particularly good - he's bad in ring and his promos are just repetitive nonsense. Gimmick wise he also went from decent with the swamp mastermind to progressively worse over the years. I don't even blame WWE all that much given how much he boasted about having control over his promos and such. All that said, I would like to see him in AEW to give him one shot in another, mildly different context. Whether it's good or bad AEW fans will praise it but you never know, it could be decent. Just not as leader of the Dark Order.

Reactions: Kaner9 and iamjs

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Not gonna pretend to be shocked or sad.
Thought Bray/Fiend sucked big time.

I've never seen people try to will something/someone to be good that in reality was so cringe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaner9 and Jussi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Apparently whatever health issue he has, he was cleared before being released.

Probably why it happened now.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
The thing that bothered me most is that they ripped one of the most initially well-presented gimmicks in decades from him that he'd been putting the pieces together independently from WWE creative for years, and strapped it to Alexa.

[opinion]Just because she's one of Vince's human boner pills[/opinion]

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I get there are AEW marks out there, but I'm an AEW fan and I certainly don't rubberstamp everything they do. And if anything it seems pretty obvious that fans of another promotion are the ones with the issue here.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If he was smart he'd give up on this wrestling stuff and just go into acting.

I'm not talking like Cena or The Rock. He won't be some leading man in a movie. But for my money Windham Rotunda was the best actor in WWE and has the acting chops to make it in television outside of pro wrestling as a character actor.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If he was smart he'd give up on this wrestling stuff and just go into acting.

I'm not talking like Cena or The Rock. He won't be some leading man in a movie. But for my money Windham Rotunda was the best actor in WWE and has the acting chops to make it in television outside of pro wrestling as a character actor.
I see him more as a director

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Or a script writer. If we piece together what we've heard. Rotundo was having a lot of problems with the death of Brodie, it sounds like WWE changed the wrestlemania script so he could get off of TV and go away for a while. I expect that maybe they reached out and said when are you coming back, and he said, not ready yet, and when they asked when, he said I don't know. So the WWE terminated his deal. We don't know if he wants to wrestle anymore, or if this was a two way termination. We'll probably learn more as things go along. There was a picture of him with a fan and he looked to have dropped a bunch of weight.

As for the in ring stuff. His promo ability is off the charts creative, the problem is at times, his rambling (on purpose) promo's confuse some fans. His work rate in the ring is poor, it got worse as the fiend, maybe because he put on weight, maybe because of the mask itself and his vision. But he just didn't put in great matches. We've also heard that a lot of the fiend ideas and match ideas for the Fiend did come from Bray. But yeah, there was a serious credibility issue happening because he kept losing major matches after a while.

I expect that AEW will push hard to get him, they can't seem to help it, and their roster is really taking on a late WCW bloated look. I expect that we won't see Bray for a long time, and I have no idea where he ends up. Maybe the WWE monitors fan reaction to him, and gives him some time and resigns him if he wants to keep wrestling.

The AEW didn't really stand out as great, they really attacked Alexa, which is just ridiculous and stupid.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Pretty obvious and probably too obvious to actually happen but;

Hangman wins the title from Omega eventually. Next Dynamite there's a celebration in the ring with the Dark Order. They turn on him and Wyatt is revealed as the new leader. Hangman becomes an immediate babyface star and Dark Order becomes the stable they were originally meant to be.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bray was a top pick for Fox when they did that draft. They saw him as the top guy in the company apart from Roman.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I predict he just re-signs with WWE. I can't imagine WWE letting him go to AEW. But what do I know?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad