Brandon sutter offensive potential?

Lunatik*

See, I disagree completely. He does work hard on the backcheck and is a pretty solid defensive player. But he doesn't throw his weight around at all, never fights, and is generally a pretty passive player. He'll rub out his man against the boards when he needs to, but without any real edge at all. As a player, he seems to be much more the 'quiet dedicated' type than the 'scrappy leader' type that all his uncles were. If his name wasn't Sutter, I'm absolutely convinced he'd have the 'big guy who needs to use his size better' tag.

To me, he's pretty much a pure finesse center whose combination of a nice frame and good vision give pretty attractive upside ... Mikko Koivu is a pretty similar player. But his skating is sketchy and his nosedive after New Year's this year was absolutely epic - 2 goals in his last 40 games leading into the draft.

If there's a 'prototype Sutter' in this draft from the WHL, it's probably Dana Tyrell.
i agree... but i think more than being a big guy who needs to use his size i think he is a big man who needs to grow into his body to become effective much like getzlaf has... I'm not saying he will be as good as Geztlaf but i think that is a prime example of why his NHL numbers are so much better than his WHL numbers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad