Brandon Gromley is taking hockey by storm right now

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Brandon Gormley is taking hockey by storm right now

Along with phenom Ben Duffy playing for the Halifax McDonalds, Atlantic Canada has another player who is possibly in the top 3 92 borns in the world right now.

He is 14 years old and going to play on the PEI Canada Games team, he is from PEI of course, and is a defenseman skating at 6'2/190 right now at 14.

He is playing in Notre Dame this year and is dominating like no other prospect has.

on Defense this year his stats read as follows:

6 games 15 goals 10 assists 25 points. That is just sick, in the same league two years ago, Chris Doyle who is one of Canadas best 90s and was the 4th overall pick in the 2006 QMJHL draft finished with approx 60 points in the season. His name is Brandon Gormley on defense and he is well on his way to getting 100 points this year.

http://www.quantumlynx.com/southsaskminorhockey/ndobmain.htm

the whole team is amazing, Gormley is already said by many experts to be one of hte best D-men from the Maritimes in the last 25 years

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Gormley is already said by many experts to be one of hte best D-men from the Maritimes in the last 25 years

thats not much of an accomplishment :sarcasm:

but yeah those numbers are impressive and he already has NHL size at 14

wshl

Apr 8, 2005
HD

They are here in Melville today, will prolly go and check out the game... Im getting my girlfriend to watch my store for me.. Wana see how good these guys really are.

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Brandon Gormley's size

Along with phenom Ben Duffy playing for the Halifax McDonalds, Atlantic Canada has another player who is possibly in the top 3 92 borns in the world right now.

He is 14 years old and going to play on the PEI Canada Games team, he is from PEI of course, and is a defenseman skating at 6'2/190 right now at 14.

He is playing in Notre Dame this year and is dominating like no other prospect has.

6 games 15 goals 10 assists 25 points. That is just sick, in the same league two years ago, Chris Doyle who is one of Canadas best 90s and was the 4th overall pick in the 2006 QMJHL draft finished with approx 60 points in the season. His name is Brandon Gormley on defense and he is well on his way to getting 100 points this year.

the whole team is amazing, Gormley is already said by many experts to be one of hte best D-men from the Maritimes in the last 25 years

Gormley is indeed a very good prospect and shows tremendous potential. However, his size is a bit overstated. We just did a profile on Gormley for our October Future NHL Stars Report after his impressive showing at the Atlantic Challenge Cup. I interviewed Gormley for the profile and he told he is six-feet tall and weighs 165 pounds.

He is from the same area of PEI as Brad Richards of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Gormley handles the puck very well, passes well, is a good skater and has an excellent shot. Definitely someone to watch as he is eligible for 2008 QMJHL draft.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
The term "phenom" has absolutely no value anymore.

I'm not sure that's true. Rather, I think we've just been fortunate to see a lot of top-end talent in the drafts the last few years.

When was the last time we had Ovechkin, Crosby, Johnson type players in the draft in consecutive years.

I don't recall anyone calling Johnson a phenom, even, but the point still stands that the use of the word comes from context rather than outright misuse.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Gormley is indeed a very good prospect and shows tremendous potential. However, his size is a bit overstated. We just did a profile on Gormley for our October Future NHL Stars Report after his impressive showing at the Atlantic Challenge Cup. I interviewed Gormley for the profile and he told he is six-feet tall and weighs 165 pounds.

He is from the same area of PEI as Brad Richards of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Gormley handles the puck very well, passes well, is a good skater and has an excellent shot. Definitely someone to watch as he is eligible for 2008 QMJHL draft.

Heights and weights in hockey come with a general disclaimer - I'm not sure anyone here believed the kid was actually 6'2", 190. However, even if he's 6'0" 165lbs., he's still only 14.

I look forward to seeing this kid sometime. Atlantic Canada is saving Canadian hockey. ;) :D

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
On another note, I saw that Kody Orr (another 14 year old) was playing for the Swift Current Midget Hurricanes...isn't he playing in Sackville with Chris Dart? and why is there so many maritime/quebec prospects playing in saskatchewan? I mean last year we had Caron, Doyle, Poulin and some more playing there, now it's Gormley, Orr and I'm sure there's more.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
On another note, I saw that Kody Orr (another 14 year old) was playing for the Swift Current Midget Hurricanes...isn't he playing in Sackville with Chris Dart? and why is there so many maritime/quebec prospects playing in saskatchewan? I mean last year we had Caron, Doyle, Poulin and some more playing there, now it's Gormley, Orr and I'm sure there's more.
We can't fit all the phenoms in the maritimes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
he's 6-2 at age 14?

wholey crap, this kid is going to be a monster.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Hahahaha.

Is this AAA Bantam? Never in my life have I seen any team at a competitive level like AAA AVERAGE 15.25 goals per game and give up 1 GPG. Even the famed Vinny Lecavalier/Brad Richards team came nowhere close to that level of domination.

If this is AAA, this team is going to kick out 15 NHL'ers. That's just insane.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004

No offense and I'm sure that the kid is a great prospect but he is dominating a bantam hockey league as a bantam aged player (he is not an underage). :dunno:
Jared Cowan (first overall in the last WHL Bantam draft) for example played at the same age in the SMAAAHL (Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League) and I wouldn't call him a phenom either.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Hahahaha.

Is this AAA Bantam? Never in my life have I seen any team at a competitive level like AAA AVERAGE 15.25 goals per game and give up 1 GPG. Even the famed Vinny Lecavalier/Brad Richards team came nowhere close to that level of domination.

As far as I know the ND Owens Hounds are the only AAA team in the league. All the other teams are AA. I'm sure that there are some posters who will know more about the situation but I don't think that there is a AAA bantam league in the province.

nags

Sep 27, 2006
As far as I know the ND Owens Hounds are the only AAA team in the league. All the other teams are AA. I'm sure that there are some posters who will know more about the situation but I don't think that there is a AAA bantam league in the province.

Saskatchewan does not have a AAA Bantam program that I'm aware of. They start AAA at Midget. Having said that, their best AA bantam teams are still competative against most AAA programs. See last year's western's where they came second.

LiveTheSearch

Jun 19, 2002
HB - WG
Visit site
Hahahaha.

The ND team is an AAA team, but the rest of the league are AA. For an example, ND's AA team is in the same league, and the ND AAA team has out scored them 40-2 in the 2 league games they've played. With scores like that, it's not even hockey. Here's there scores in league play so far.

ND AAA 24 Canucks 1
ND AAA 19 ND AA AA 1
ND AAA 14 Estevan 1
ND AAA 9 Oilers 1
ND AAA 21 ND AA 1
ND AAA 14 Hurricanes 2
ND AAA 7 Yorkton 0
ND AAA 13 Melville 1

ND AAA always have good teams ... and usually do well at the AAA Tourney's they attend during the year. It would be pretty tough to spend $18,000 a year for your kid to play 30 of those games. That's why they have to attend as many AAA tournaments as possible during the winter (in Alberta & BC).

It's still a good program though, and a great thing to have on your hockey resume.

eatsleephockey

Jul 23, 2007
i have played against Duffy and Gormley. Duffy is smart he has good puck skills but nothing about his skills is amazing, he always seems to end up putting the puck in the net because he knows what is going to happen. Gromley is very good but if other guys start to catch up to him in size he will find it more difficult. I weigh moreand im only 5'8 he needs to pack on some pounds.

eatsleephockey

Jul 23, 2007
Koddy Orr is an excellent play maker but nothing close to Ben Duffy Chris Dart was a good player in peewee all you have to do is get on his nerves he freaks out and takes penalties trying to kill you. A 93 to look out for is Brent Andrews he is about 6 foot and has amazing puck control and a very accurate shot. He is related to Alan Andrews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad