Confirmed with Link: Brandon Duhaime re-signs with the Wild (1 year, $1.1M)

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Feels like Duhaime "won" this one, getting only 1 year with a decent cap hit taking him straight to UFA next year.

I'm guessing Guerin was afraid of an arbitration overpayment forcing him to make moves for cap space.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow… good deal. I think that Duhaime had a disappointing year production wise, but he certainly passes the eye test. Brings speed, toughness, and plays smart. Flashes occasional skill, but he’s got to be more consistent to move up the lineup permanently. I think he’s got to get some fighting lessons if he continues to drop the gloves, though. He’s willing, and strong enough, but he’s a middleweight at best. If he had Mason Shaw’s fighting ability he’d be a beast.

We don’t have many guys like this in our system. Fast, strong, smart guys who can play. Milne, hopefully, in a year or so, but Mikey isn’t the biggest. All the rest seem to be either small, or skill players.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm happy with the deal as long as it means they can fit Gus and Addison under the cap. If he walks to UFA, that's fine. I'd rather not overpay a good 4th liner for his UFA years when the prospect pool is as deep as it is.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, Duhaime will be motivated this year. Don’t know that it the right timing for the team to have him be a UFA, but it’s not like they have a ton of options.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Good point. I like Duhaime but i think id rather have Sunny at 800k vs Duhaime at 1.1.
I know I would, too, but would Sundqvist sign that same contract with the Wild? I have serious doubts about that. If he did, would Dean actually play him? (sorry, that's a low blow to Dean, but relevant)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know I would, too, but would Sundqvist sign that same contract with the Wild? I have serious doubts about that. If he did, would Dean actually play him? (sorry, that's a low blow to Dean, but relevant)

Is it? Dean already proved he wouldn't

Probably has something to do with why he went back to STL for so cheap instead of giving Guerin the time of day

Reactions: TaLoN

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Trade him at the deadline to the Detroit Lightning for a 1st...(I'm going to put this here as an indicator of my sarcasm)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad