Player Discussion Brandon Davidson 2017-18

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
I like him as a #6 , should be able to sign him to a very friendly deal which will help our cap space going forward

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
there could also be an element of fatigue on Davidson's side too. If you have a guy who doesn't play, and then you put him in, he should be the freshest player on both sides. It does pay off to have depth, even in the press box

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Seems like you are trying to deflect Klefbom's failings on to Benning.

They both suck this year with Klefbom clearly having a much more disappointing season.

He was clearly oblivious to the situation on the ice where Davidson scored. Moving the puck to him would have allowed the goalie to see the puck and stop the puck. That's assuming Klef would have even hit the net.

Klefbom imo is clearly still having injury problems. He avoids contact and can't shoot worth a damn.

If we keep him this offseason I hope he heals up and returns to form.

Anyone that has been paired with Benning this year has struggled mightily. Klef, I will give rope because of injury. I think it's one of those things that needs a few months to completely go away, but allow him to play, albeit with restrictions. At some point, when we are officially dead in the water, they should shut him down and give him the rest of the year and summer to heal up and train.

Benning is in way over his head. He could actually benefit from some time in the AHL, but clearly needs to sit some games and watch. He's been a tire fire the entire year, no matter who he's played with. Sticking Klef with him, just pours more gas on the situation. Unfortunately the options are limited, with Sekera having his own struggles since coming back after the long layoff (I don't think he gets back in form till this fall), and Larsson shaking under a heavy load and a few injury issues of his own.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anyone that has been paired with Benning this year has struggled mightily. Klef, I will give rope because of injury. I think it's one of those things that needs a few months to completely go away, but allow him to play, albeit with restrictions. At some point, when we are officially dead in the water, they should shut him down and give him the rest of the year and summer to heal up and train.

Benning is in way over his head. He could actually benefit from some time in the AHL, but clearly needs to sit some games and watch. He's been a tire fire the entire year, no matter who he's played with. Sticking Klef with him, just pours more gas on the situation. Unfortunately the options are limited, with Sekera having his own struggles since coming back after the long layoff (I don't think he gets back in form till this fall), and Larsson shaking under a heavy load and a few injury issues of his own.

I think Davidson has earned more playing time in this lineup. Because of his pedigree and contract status though, his rope is far shorter than anyone else. If he has a bad or even mediocre game or 2, he gets the yank. But I'd like to see him stay in the rest of the year, and see if he can build some consistency. He certainly hasn't been the worst on the team in that department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad