Brandon Bollig

Bruise Bros 2426

Jul 17, 2011
Will he have a roster spot with the Blackhawks this season? He's been having a good year in Rockford. 35 GP, 9 points, and 157 penalty minutes. Q seemed to like the snarl he brought to the 4th line last season. How many games do you folks see him playing? Or will he stay in Rockford all season?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The more I see Bollig fight, the more I see an entertainer, not an enforcer or a 'tough guy'. I mean, he is a tough guy in the sense that he fights and fights often.. but there never seems to be any emotion to his fights, they almost always seem staged.. and he always seems to pat the guy on the back of the head after a fight, like "we put on a good show".. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think Bollig is going to be the type of guy that jumps in after Kane, Toews or Hossa takes a big/dirty hit.. not like a Carcillo, Eager or Burish would or even John Scott, whenever he was on the ice and a big hit happened (like on Kruger last year).

I think Bollig will be on the team, because he does fight, but he's not going to be in the important or meaningful fights.. he's going to be in the fights against the likes of Ryan Reaves, at centre ice, right after a puck drop.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The more I see Bollig fight, the more I see an entertainer, not an enforcer or a 'tough guy'. I mean, he is a tough guy in the sense that he fights and fights often.. but there never seems to be any emotion to his fights, they almost always seem staged.. and he always seems to pat the guy on the back of the head after a fight, like "we put on a good show".. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think Bollig is going to be the type of guy that jumps in after Kane, Toews or Hossa takes a big/dirty hit.. not like a Carcillo, Eager or Burish would or even John Scott, whenever he was on the ice and a big hit happened (like on Kruger last year).

I think Bollig will be on the team, because he does fight, but he's not going to be in the important or meaningful fights.. he's going to be in the fights against the likes of Ryan Reaves, at centre ice, right after a puck drop.

I agree. I'm fine with spontaneous fights in hockey and I want it to stay to keep players honest ... but this staged fighting is just plain stupid and if fighting ever does get banned from the NHL that will be a major reason. Any fight that is not obviously from the heat of battle on the ice (in the game being played, not the past) should result in a game misconduct. This is not the WWE.

As for Bollig: as I said in another thread, he and Paradis were two of the better Ice Hogs on the night I attended. We can use his toughness but as Hoss alluded to, he needs to play his role properly and keep the opps players honest, not simply look for another tough guy and fight him. That accomplishes nothing.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

He tuned up Ryan reaves twice last year who was always running at our guys

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
He tuned up Ryan reaves twice last year who was always running at our guys

And Ryan Reaves will forever be an idiot.. but Bollig wasn't fighting Reaves in response to taking runs at players, he was fighting him because he wanted to fight in St.Louis and Reaves was willing to oblige.. again, look back, and I'm positive you'll see Bollig tap Reaves on the back of the head; that's not something you do if you're sticking up for a teammate or trying to send a message.

So, first fight was for show and the second was in response to Mayers recieving a big hit.

BBSeabs27

#freeseabs
Jan 27, 2011
Chicago

I disagree. He went after Torres immediately after he realized what happend to Hossa and ended up getting a game misconduct penalty, while that ******* torres didn't even get a single minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=W2mX7LqBGo4#t=14s

Video of the hit/plays afterwards.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Hope so. He's a mucker who can play a little bit. I've also heard from a few puck sloots that he's a popular guy in the locker room along with Shaw.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
And Ryan Reaves will forever be an idiot.. but Bollig wasn't fighting Reaves in response to taking runs at players, he was fighting him because he wanted to fight in St.Louis and Reaves was willing to oblige.. again, look back, and I'm positive you'll see Bollig tap Reaves on the back of the head; that's not something you do if you're sticking up for a teammate or trying to send a message.

So, first fight was for show and the second was in response to Mayers recieving a big hit.

So one of those fights is exactly what you claim he didn't do. He fought Schenn after a hit, Clifford jumped him, when he fought Stoner it was because Bollig was going after Heatley who was being an a hole. Bollig gets his role

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don't see a use for Bolig to be kept on the NHL roster when Carcillo is healthy/not suspended.

HawkeyLife07

Dec 23, 2010
Bollig is one of the most overrated players on the squad. I love that he's willing to fight and that he is a good locker room guy. But, he's not a very good hockey player. Nothing wrong with him being an Adam Burish type though, who keeps the guys light.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
I'm incredibly confused by this statement. Are u insinuating they have big dinks?

Not sure how you got that. They are well liked and hang out with their teammates from Rockford and Chicago. One of the things that was so special about the cup winning team was the cohesiveness on and off the ice. It can't be underestimated.

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
Not sure how you got that. They are well liked and hang out with their teammates from Rockford and Chicago. One of the things that was so special about the cup winning team was the cohesiveness on and off the ice. It can't be underestimated.

you mentioned puck sloots how do they come into play on this?

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
He provides us some much needed grit. I'm a fan. I think he'll earn a spot as our 13th forward.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He's a good guy to have to call up, but I don't think we should have him in the lineup as a regular.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Still haven't quite forgiven him for losing his most important fight last year, against Bissonette in the playoffs. But I suppose he'll do as an extra forward.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah he'd be a good 13th forward for when the Hawks are playing a tougher team or feel like kicking some Canuck ass

Yeah, I agree and am fine with that. However, if we are going on a road trip and we aren't playing one of those teams, I think the team would be better served to carry someone more skilled like Smith for example, in case someone gets hurt. Bollig should find himself in 20-30 games. I'd play him every game against St. Louis, some Vancouver, Phoenix, possibly Anaheim, like you said, the tougher teams where we might need to send a message so they don't run our stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad