[Brand New] H2H Hockey Keeper League! (Yahoo) - 12 Teams

safeco1999

Big Daddy Cool
Aug 20, 2008
I am starting a brand new hockey keeper league! I have baseball leagues as old as 16 years, and hockey leagues as old as 13 years, so I'll be using a similar structure that has kept us going this long!

Quick Details:

• 12 teams H2H
  • All teams must be named after an actual current NHL team
  • 21 man rosters, with 11 keepers (NO goalies allowed to be kept!)
    • Why no goalies to be kept? That'll be the quirk for this league. Goalies are volatile and impact a lot of the game, so every team can rebuild in net each year
    • No restrictions (costs, term limits, etc.) on keepers (i.e. wanna keep McDavid until he retires? Sure, go for it)
  • Max of 7 acquisitions per week
  • Categories: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, H, Blocks. Goalies: W, GAA, SVP
  • Roster positions:
    • C: 3
    • LW: 2
    • RW: 2
    • W: 2
    • D: 4
    • G: 2
    • BN: 6
    • IR+: 3
    • IR: 1
    • NA: 2
  • Teams can not carry more than 4 NA (not active) players at a time (to prevent hoarding of prospects and suspended players like Evander Kane)
  • Live Draft: Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 4PM Pacific (or 7:30PM Pacific, whichever works best)
Best of all, there's no BS here. It's all about building the best team and winning in a fair way.
  • No, you can't just pick guys off the waiver wire and manipulate someone into trading for them right away
  • No, we don't veto trades just because we hate someone.
  • We have a code of conduct to ensure everyone is active all year, is fun and respectful to each other (of course, trash talk is allowed!), and best of all, with us to have fun and WIN!
If you're interested in being a founding member of this exciting new league, please reply or send me an email to [email protected]. In response, I will send back 11 questions to screen for the very best managers!

safeco1999

Big Daddy Cool
Aug 20, 2008
Update:

If you express interest in joining, the process is that I'll email you some questions to get to know you, etc. - as part of the screening process. After that, you'll get an invite to the league. We will invite as many people as are interested.

Once in the league, you will be asked to post in the introduction thread just so everyone knows who you are.

As we go along, I may post another thread or two (hockey related) just to get some discussions going (pre-season only) and also to see who is still with us, and who just signs up and abandons the league.

We are at 9 people right now. We will eventually go to the draft with the 12 most active/involved people.

safeco1999

Big Daddy Cool
Aug 20, 2008
1 spot remaining folks! Come be part of something fun and exciting!

If a lot more people are interested, we will bring everyone in and drop whoever hasn't shown up since signing up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad