Value of: Brady Tkachuks Next Contract.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
He is worth more than his brother who wants 9.

I know your a troll who claims to be a Flames fan, but please enlighten me how Brady who has had 2 40 point seasons is worth more than Matty who has 2 40's (48, 49), a 70 point season and a 60 point season.

Brady in his last ELC year has 26 points (pacing for 48 over 82), Matty had 77.

Get real.

Reactions: Johnnybegood13

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
His numbers are the result of having mediocre skills and IQ.

He's not a high-end talent. Only way he puts up high-end production is by playing with far superior linemates (eg. Landeskog playing with MacKinnon and Rantanen).

He brings a lot to the table besides points, but he's worth nowhere near 8x8.
No talent low IQ SMH....To get him signed long term you have to pay more .....his overall play and contribution combined with his skill is extremely unique add in his toughness and 8 years 8 million they don't look back....

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
its what he is going to do.

Getting .6ppg+ pace and scoring 20 goals as both an 19 and 20 year old is impressive and shows great upside potential if he continues to grow and improve his game. You sign him to an 8M aav now so in 2-3 years he isnt asking for a 10m+ aav

I agree he looks promising, i think he's going to be a great player too. But 8 million right out of the gate seems very excessive for a guy who doesn't seem elite offensively

Reactions: TS Quint

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
its what he is going to do.

Getting .6ppg+ pace and scoring 20 goals as both an 19 and 20 year old is impressive and shows great upside potential if he continues to grow and improve his game. You sign him to an 8M aav now so in 2-3 years he isnt asking for a 10m+ aav

He might ask for 10m some day but he might also ask to be queen. Either way he would never get it.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I have a sneaky suspicion that Brady is going to break through in a big way over the next few years. He shoots as much as anyone in the league, despite having little help around him. Those pucks are eventually going to go in. Reminds me of how Mackinnon was a 50-60 point player his first four years in the league despite shooting a crap ton (to be clear, I don’t think Brady will be as good as Mackinnon).

Reactions: SENSational

Rangeri

Sep 29, 2020
Lapland
I have a sneaky suspicion that Brady is going to break through in a big way over the next few years. He shoots as much as anyone in the league, despite having little help around him. Those pucks are eventually going to go in. Reminds me of how Mackinnon was a 50-60 point player his first four years in the league despite shooting a crap ton (to be clear, I don’t think Brady will be as good as Mackinnon).

I think the same. People just look at his scoresheet now, but he definitely brings lot more to a team. Pretty different kind of player I would say, and if he figures it out, I'm sure he is going to be force in the league.

If i'm Ottawa I will be running with 8x8 if Brady would take it.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
he is worth 8x8 because there aren't a lot of players like him, sure u can look at the numbers and compare him to almost anyone with identical numbers but thats not it. he is in the mix to lead the league in shots and hits, caries a large frame and is well liked by his team mates. He is just finishing up his third season too his numbers are likely to improve as he becomes a better player and the players around him become better.

If a player like Brady hit the market as a free agent at his current age there would be a GM that would offer him 9M.

9m? LOL no there wouldn’t be

Reactions: Just Linda

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
this guy is a great leader with smarts , ruggedness , determination , above average talent level .
but its the smarts , ruggedness , determination that makes him great .
ide offer 8X8 easily . hes become the core of ottawa , a franchise player without elite skills .
but with elite heart and determination ...

also , could we call them ott tkachuk and cal tkachuk ?

Last edited:

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Whoever here doesn’t believe he’s an 8 mil/annual player long term cause of point production does not watch any of his games.

Reactions: PlayOn

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Maybe with inflation. His actual value is around $6 x 6 years. He's good, but you're paying for potential in this case.
He'd be stupid to take anything more than 2-3 years brige. He's played for a crap team, he should get his stats up in the next 2 years and then ask for a 8x8/9contract

Reactions: Deen

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I'm shocked by people saying they would give him north of 7M over 8 years... why?
Sure, he's a player you love to have on your team, but there's no hurry for such a deal. He didn't accomplish anything close to deserve that.
He still has yet to break 50pts ffs.

Reactions: Just Linda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad