Value of: Brady Tkachuks Next Contract.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Honestly I feel like if Ottawa wants him for 8 years they might have to over pay 9.0-9.5M . Brady owes the city nothing and it costs more to play here with taxes.

but i would do it

Reactions: Morrison

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He doesn’t really have the numbers to justify a long term high dollar deal. I don’t think he or Ottawa would be motivated to do that, unless Ottawa could get him at a smaller cap hit that favors them down the road.

Last edited:

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
He doesn’t really have the numbers to justify a long term high dollar deal. I don’t think he or Ottawa would be motivated to do that, unless Ottawa could get him at a smaller cap hit that favors them down the road.
his numbers are the result of being surrounded by absolute trash. they know what they have in him

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn't do 8 x 8 from the Sens' perspective.

I don't think Brady is that good, at least not yet. Bridge him and let him earn it. The team should be pretty good by the time his next deal is needed so I'm not especially worried about him not committing to the team.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
his numbers are the result of being surrounded by absolute trash. they know what they have in him

His numbers are the result of having mediocre skills and IQ.

He's not a high-end talent. Only way he puts up high-end production is by playing with far superior linemates (eg. Landeskog playing with MacKinnon and Rantanen).

He brings a lot to the table besides points, but he's worth nowhere near 8x8.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
His numbers are the result of having mediocre skills and IQ.

He's not a high-end talent. Only way he puts up high-end production is by playing with far superior linemates (eg. Landeskog playing with MacKinnon and Rantanen).

He brings a lot to the table besides points, but he's worth nowhere near 8x8.

If Nylander is worth 7M then Brady is worth 8M

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
he is worth 8x8 because there aren't a lot of players like him, sure u can look at the numbers and compare him to almost anyone with identical numbers but thats not it. he is in the mix to lead the league in shots and hits, caries a large frame and is well liked by his team mates. He is just finishing up his third season too his numbers are likely to improve as he becomes a better player and the players around him become better.

If a player like Brady hit the market as a free agent at his current age there would be a GM that would offer him 9M.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
if Ottawa could only lock one player up on 8 year contract they would likely choose Brady right now. The contract will likely come up with a C next year.
He’ll bridge. Something like Point signed. Won’t be any long term deals signed by RFAs for several seasons.

Reactions: TheNewEra

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
in a dead cap era for the next 4 years? I think players big pay days will suffer a little. I can see a bridge deal close to his brothers deal or exactly the same
You think having a brother in the league will factor into how much he asks for? Like a competitive thing between the two?

EDIT: That's a genuine question. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or snarky or anything.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
You think having a brother in the league will factor into how much he asks for? Like a competitive thing between the two?

EDIT: That's a genuine question. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or snarky or anything.
I dunno I just think it's fair. basically doubles his contract on a short term deal and gives him a chance to cash in big when the cap is closer to rising again. I could see it being something like that between the 2. I could see Matthew chirp Brady for making less lol. them making the same makes sense imo. prob 3 year deal.

Reactions: EK392000

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
If Nylander is worth 7M then Brady is worth 8M

I'd rather have Brady than Nylander, but frankly NHL teams pay for point production and they often entirely ignore context such as who the players linemates are.

Brady has never topped 50 points, and this season he's playing at a 48 point pace. What's the highest caphit a forward has ever received who had a 48 point career high after three seasons? Doesn't matter what intangibles he brings, I can't think of a single player who's made more than ~$6M with those point totals on their resume after 3 years as an RFA.

I'd guess he signs something in the range of ~3 X 4.75M to 5 X 6M. Can't see him signing a ~7-8 year deal given that he hasn't broken out offensively.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
giphy.gif

Reactions: Morrison

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
LOL - let's not ignore the optics surrounding the Ottawa Senators...

My $0.02 = Despite being in the Canadian market OTT is not a coveted UFA destination. We have an owner with a questionable dedication to actually pursuing the cup, and who also has a history of trading and/or not paying top end talent when they're in or approaching the prime of their careers (Stone, Karlsson, Zibanejad, etc.).

Truth be told, we probably don't have the luxury of getting a "fair" deal if we wait until BT breaks out offensively. Why would he want to stay here long term if he knows that based on his offensive production alone (and this isn't even taking other aspects of what he brings to the table into consideration) he could get the same $$$ as a UFA and have some say in where he plays? Loyalty to the team that drafted him? LOL c'mon - how did things end with fan favorites like Alfy, Turris, and Stone? The Senators are managed like a business, which is fair enough, but if that's the case then it's only fair for Brady to throw any "loyalty" to the sens out the window.

IMO until the above changes we need to take calculated risks and offer long term contracts to our elite young players BEFORE they break out offensively.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

I have no doubt. That being said, you don't just throw 8 x 8 at a guy who has consistently paced 50 points a season all three years.

And he and his agent would be stupid to take a long term deal that offers significantly less than that, because he can earn more with a couple years of high production.

Bridge deal is a sensible solution for both sides.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's going to be a big one, but I think he is going to be worth every penny. Probably take a 3 year deal like his brother around $7 to $7.5. Shorter contracts are becoming a thing because agents have realized they can cash in every couple years. Long deals will be eradicated eventually imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00