Proposal: Brady Tkachuk to Canucks for Lekkerimaki, Boeser, 1st 2025, 2nd 2026,

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Brady remains incredibly overrated.

Great offensively, poor defensively as a winger. He's not going to fetch the moon.

Meier return would be an excellent comparable

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
I am not sure what Eichel is advocating for.

Signing a long term contract and then not too long after request to be traded?

Either way it must be good for him to get paid big bucks and spend a good chunk of time on IR each year.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The difference between the two teams is:

A GM in the running for GMOTY
A coach in the running for the Jack Adams
A second 100pt centre
A top 2 D in the league
A top 5 G in the league

The Sens have some good parts, but they're not exactly 1:1 comparable

Sure, but at this time last year this was not what people were saying.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Sure, but at this time last year this was not what people were saying.

There's a lot of people who speak without thinking.

Even though the Canucks missed the playoffs regularly, they were doing it with much better pieces. Two 100pt Cs, a 75pt D and an elite goalie.

Their problem was always finding a competent GM and coach. Even if the Sens can get a good GM and coach they still have worse players in every position.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There's a lot of people who speak without thinking.

Even though the Canucks missed the playoffs regularly, they were doing it with much better pieces. Two 100pt Cs, a 75pt D and an elite goalie.

Their problem was always finding a competent GM and coach. Even if the Sens can get a good GM and coach they still have worse players in every position.

This is the same JT Miller that Vancouver fans wanted out of town, but there were no takers so they signed him long-term.

You're right that there are a lot of people who speak without thinking.

That doesn't change the fact that Vancouver's fortunes changed rather quickly after making the playoffs once in 8 years.

I might still take Ottawa's wingers over Vancouver's, which is undoubtedly part of the reason why this thread exists.

Last edited:

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
This is the same JT Miller that Vancouver fans wanted out of town, but there were no takers so they signed him long-term.

I agree, not all the people in Canuck land are particularly informed either.

To Miller's credit, he has completely turned his game around under Tocchet. Though it's worth noting that Benning signed Miller to that extension, moving him would have happened later before the NTC kicked in. There absolutely were offers though, Allvin just didn't like them.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Boeser would be a good bet to leave as a UFA so not a lot of reason for Ottawa to have him as the main roster player to return.

I agree, not all the people in Canuck land are particularly informed either.

To Miller's credit, he has completely turned his game around under Tocchet. Though it's worth noting that Benning signed Miller to that extension, moving him would have happened later before the NTC kicked in. There absolutely were offers though, Allvin just didn't like them.
Allvin extended JT - Miller extended in Sept 2022, Allvin hired in January of the same year

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Boeser would be a good bet to leave as a UFA so not a lot of reason for Ottawa to have him as the main roster player to return.

Allvin extended JT - Miller extended in Sept 2022, Allvin hired in January of the same year

Whoops, thought it was the other way around. Oh well, point still stands, Miller is awesome.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I love Brady. If he ever became available he's one of the few guys I'd consider putting Willander in the deal for. Valuewise its not a bad offer here but given Boeser's contract situation I imagine Ottawa could find a better primary piece. I'd prob do it as a Nucks fan although losing Lekkerimaki would sting.

I like how Ottawa won’t be in a position to compete in four years while Vancouver was not competing a year ago.

Yeah I agree I think Ottawa could be a team that turns it around if they can find the right coach for next season. The team could use a shakeup but I wouldn't consider moving Brady or Stutzle at this point if I was them. I do wonder about a guy like Chabot though now that they have Chychurn & Sanderson.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Boeser is part of the deal for flip purposes. He can probably return somewhere in between what Adam Henrique and Jake Geuntzel fetched so that can be extremely valuable for Ottawa in this scenario where they are tearing it down and rebuilding.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tkachuk has 4 years left until Free Agency and it looks like the Sens are nowhere near ready to be competitive. Those 4 years are likely going to be rebuild years. The premise of the proposal is if the Sens decide that they need to tear it down to the foundation.

The Offer:

Lekkerimaki , easily the Canucks' top prospect and one of the best prospects not in the NHL. He is coming off a season where he was the World Jrs MVP, Team MVP for his Orebro club in the SHL, Led all U-24 skaters in Goals in SHL. He is a couple of years away, stylistically his game compares to Pastrnak imo. He just carried a very bad Orebro team into the SHL playoffs. He led the team in scoring despite playing 6+ less games than most of the roster as he left for World Juniors in December.

Boeser- 27 yrs old. on pace for 40+ goals this season. Signed for 2 more years. Sens can easily flip him for a 1st round pick at the deadline either next season or the season after.

1st round pick , 2nd round pick

Essentially its a 3x 1st round pick value (Lekky, Boeser, 1st) + 2nd

Canucks go after Tkachuk who not only happens to be Quinn Hughes' best friend but also a player that plays a rugged and around the crease game that i think would compliment the Canuck superstars well.
Ottawa has signed so many of their young guys to long term deals. They are not in a draft more 18 year old place right now. They need quality not quantity in return.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Tkachuk has 4 years left until Free Agency and it looks like the Sens are nowhere near ready to be competitive. Those 4 years are likely going to be rebuild years. The premise of the proposal is if the Sens decide that they need to tear it down to the foundation.

The Offer:

Lekkerimaki , easily the Canucks' top prospect and one of the best prospects not in the NHL. He is coming off a season where he was the World Jrs MVP, Team MVP for his Orebro club in the SHL, Led all U-24 skaters in Goals in SHL. He is a couple of years away, stylistically his game compares to Pastrnak imo. He just carried a very bad Orebro team into the SHL playoffs. He led the team in scoring despite playing 6+ less games than most of the roster as he left for World Juniors in December.

Boeser- 27 yrs old. on pace for 40+ goals this season. Signed for 2 more years. Sens can easily flip him for a 1st round pick at the deadline either next season or the season after.

Canucks go after Tkachuk who not only happens to be Quinn Hughes' best friend but also a player that plays a rugged and around the crease game that i think would compliment the Canuck superstars well.
A package for Tkachuk would hurt and most likley include Willander, Lekk and probably Hoglander and still need the first and second you referenced. Maybe Boeser as wel, but at that point I think other parts would be involved.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

The Offer:

Look, I don’t want to be disrespectful but would you mind f***ing right off?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Before anyone is traded, there should be an investigation into why players are suddenly wanting out of Ottawa. Tkachuk is literally the face of the franchise and if you trade him, it will start an avalanche of s-it with the other players and it might even get some folks in the front office fired. Ottawa wants to compete asap if not sooner, I can see them moving other pieces to improve the team, but Brady is beyond untouchable and I don't understand how other fans can't see any of this.

The Offer:

This is literally what Ottawa will ask for stand their ground on to move Brady. He is simply that important to the Ottawa Senators. Argue value all day, every day, twice on Sunday but that would be their ask or thereabouts.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Really doubt Canucks management will trade their top goal scorer, and "untouchable" top prospect, not to mention a 1st and 2nd for Brady Tkachuk lol. Maybe in a video game that works but really cant see JR throwing that all away

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

That doesn't change the fact that Vancouver's fortunes changed rather quickly after making the playoffs once in 8 years.

I might still take Ottawa's wingers over Vancouver's, which is undoubtedly part of the reason why this thread exists.
Canucks literally turned down an offer from the Pens that was rumoured to be 2 1sts and Jason Zucker last years deadline. There were/was certainly interest for JT Miller last year.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

lawrence

May 19, 2012
no on both sides. Not sure on American players anymore. We literally had 2 bail on us in less than a year.

Canucks literally turned down an offer from the Pens that was rumoured to be 2 1sts and Jason Zucker last years deadline. There were/was certainly interest for JT Miller last year.

I heard as the opposite. The offer was 2 1sts for miller but penguins rejected.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
no on both sides. Not sure on American players anymore. We literally had 2 bail on us in less than a year.

I heard as the opposite. The offer was 2 1sts for miller but penguins rejected.

Freidman reported on it too.

Reactions: lawrence

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Freidman reported on it too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes