Value of: Brady Tkachuk next contract

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Curious to see what fans think Brady will get on his next deal. He's up after this year from his rookie deal.

Leading the league in hits and shots, leading his team in points.

I'm thinking he goes in between 7-9 mill but I can't narrow it down more than that so hoping the board discussion will narrow it down.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Can't really discuss numbers without discussing years. Do you think he's getting a bridge or straight to long term?

I'd imagine the Sens would try to bridge him short term since the costs of covid, then pay him a hefty deal after while hes still an RFA. So I'd say short term toward the end or your spectrum. 2-3years 6/7mil.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Can't really discuss numbers without discussing years. Do you think he's getting a bridge or straight to long term?

I'd imagine the Sens would try to bridge him short term since the costs of covid, then pay him a hefty deal after while hes still an RFA. So I'd say short term toward the end or your spectrum. 2-3years 6/7mil.

If it s a bridge it should be lower than that. Laine got 6.8 and had outproduced Tkachuck every year

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Laine has out produced him in points but not overall game.....If I was Ottawa imo I'd sign him long term high dollar for 10 years the numbers will be difficult as he's shown 40 to 50 points but to get his first crack at FA years you have to pay more 10 years 7 .5 to 9 only because his overall game is solid and he should eventually land point wise over 60 to 70 as Sens improve....If you do Few years and bridge he'll probably walk at free agency

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Good luck Sens fans and signing Brady to a team friendly contract.

Like his brother, he's going to ask for north of 7 million. WAY north if it's a very long term contract. He's got nothing to lose...and the Sens everything.

Don't be surprised if he get's a 9x7 offer sheet.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Seems like most young franchise stars are aiming for eichel or marner type of contracts but have been settling for bridge deals. I expect a bridge deal given the history of Melnyk being cheap but he may shell out for his franchise star. I would guess 9.5M/5-6 years or 7M/2-3 years.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Going to be somewhere in the 6.5-7 range for 3 years.

If they somehow belt out a long term deal (not likely) its would be something around 8 x 8/9.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Like his brother, he's going to ask for north of 7 million. WAY north if it's a very long term contract. He's got nothing to lose...and the Sens everything.

Doubt he’ll receive a $9M per deal, but EM being cheap expect him to leave.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Doubt he’ll receive a $9M per deal, but EM being cheap expect him to leave.

The only player Melnyk didn't pay, that has deserved his contract afterwards is Marc Stone. He was fine paying Chabot and Murray big money. I don't see why he can't have the Brinks truck drive to Brady's house.

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
Lets say 3 year 6m...with Ottawa its usually year 1 5m, 2 6m, 3 7m
I would much rather 8x8 and get him locked up.
Get it done...it will be better for Ottawa an more money for Tkachuk be a free agent again at 30 to cash in one more time. If he signs a 3year deal I think Ottawa will seriously wonder if he is going to commit long term to this team. The Sens can't make a mistake with this one for the team or the fans.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Bridge in the $5-6 million ballpark. With the Covid/salary cap uncertainty & EM needing a crowbar to get his wallet open... BT's not getting paid FU money this time around.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
8 x 7.5 and slap the c on him for incentive.

And promise him a ridiculous next contract before backing out and letting him walk to FA.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Who is going to give up 4 1st round picks and give him 9m per year?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
5x2 would be my guess.

Brady is good, but he isn't skip-the-bridge good. And yes, I definitely think he is going to be a really tough negotiation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad