Rumor: Brady Tkachuk frustrated with the Ottawa Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Thats one odd fantasy league you got there. But its true, Brady gives you all the shits you can handle.
You know what’s really funny about this? I did notice that I accidentally typed shits, and I could’ve sworn that I did correct it to shots. Lol.

Reactions: SENStastic

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Ottawa is a bit like Dallas, not the high light of nightlife(Montreal is 1.5h from Ottawa) but its a great solid place to raise a family and minus the ownership doesn’t deserve to get ragged on.

Oh for sure. Boring as hell in many ways, even by Canadian standards.

But again the money is the money. Having a safe, quaint place for your family to live during the regular season is really all that matters. And besides, all hockey players know that road-trips are where the all-time best stories and memories are truly born. You dont shit where you sleep, my dudes.

And then the world is your oyster in the offseason. Go wherever you want and enjoy being rich there. Doesnt have to be Ottawa thats for sure.

I just dont see the logic in moving a team out of Canada when proportionately speaking - like all other Canadian teams - Ottawa still punches above its own weight class in terms of league revenue (relative to market size).

They've waited a generation for the younger Sens fans to outgrow the old, decaying and crusty Leafs and Habs fans that formerly infested the fertile hockey lands of the Ottawa valley. And it would be foolish to leave now.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Bruce Banner

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ottawa straight poverty. Relocate the team.

No one in the US even knows where Ottawa is

Funny story. I went on a trip through Arizona/Utah/Nevada/California and when in Cali we were in a bar in San Diego and amongst the group of people there no one knew where Ottawa, Calgary, Toronto or Edmonton were.

The only city they really knew of was Montreal (and Vancouver) and they thought it was the capital as well lmao. I guess it makes sense most Canadian cities are just bland but Montreal has a lot more character and history than other cities and Vancouver is easily the best city in Canada.

Most people that travel to Canada have BC, QC and N-B on their list, Ontario and other boring provinces don't get much attention. All in all not very surprised people wouldn't be aware of Canadian cities.

Last edited:

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Funny story. I went on a trip through Arizona/Utah/Nevada/California and when in Cali we were in a bar in San Diego and amongst the group of people there no one knew where Ottawa, Calgary, Toronto or Edmonton were.

The only city they really knew of was Montreal (and Vancouver) and they thought it was the capital as well lmao. I guess it makes sense most Canadian cities are just bland but Montreal has a lot more character and history than other cities and Vancouver is easily the best city in Canada.

Most people that travel to Canada have BC, QC and N-B on their list, Ontario and other boring provinces don't get much attention. All in all not very surprised people wouldn't be aware of Canadian cities.
This is just wrong and nonsensical. You spoke to people who don’t represent the US or California. Toronto is the most recognizable Canadian city.

Reactions: OVO16

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The sky is still blue.
I don’t get OTT s play here.
Tkachuk has drawn a line in the sand. It’s not about the cap hit, it’s about the years. He wants control, and he wants to be a UFA as early as possible. OTT obviously wants him longer.
He’s not just going to change him mind. Give him the 4 year deal he wants or whatever it is, hope he plays well for 2-3 and then trade him for a haul.
The sens have been doing that with their players for years now.
What the sense in trying to force a guy to stay long term if he doesn’t want to play in the county, let alone the city for that long.
I’m not taking a shot at Ottawa, I’m sure it’s nice there, or had it’s nice parts like other medium/small cities.

normally I don’t say brothers want to/ are going to play on the same team in the future, but I think both Tkachuk brothers have something up their sleeves and are playing it close to the vest.
There were rumblings Of Matthew being upset with some of his team mates/coaches in Calgary too. Time will tell i guess.
But If Dorian, i want a 1st rd pick in either the 22/23 draft as a part of any package.
These next 2 first rounds are loaded with guys with difference maker potential besides having studs like Wright/Bedard
Mine as well draft a kid that wants to be part of the solution, not the problem. At least these next 2 years can provide a replacement talent wise to Brady

Last edited:

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
The NHL season is what, 8 months including training camp? Maybe 9 with a deep playoff run?

Draisaitl is being paid a million dollars a month to live out his lifelong dream of playing in the NHL...

If you were in his situation, do you think you'd go to bed at night with any regret?

Poor Draisaitl - both literally and figuratively - if only he were making 1.25 million per month, he'd be able to enjoy life...
Terrible post here. Draisaitl probably would have made $15 million more if he signed a bridge. It doesn't mean he regrets it but if he could do it over he certainly would.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Twas the eve of the sens season and all was a buzz
Brady tkachuk holding out feeling he has just cause
Like his dad and brother before him it’s a family tradition
To squeeze every dollar that’s the ktachuk mission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad