Braden Holtby

GBG BLEED BLUE

Jun 8, 2005
Saskatoon,Sask
www.whlfans.ca
He is a goalie for the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL,and is eligible for the 2008 draft(missed out on the 07 draft by one day.)

If you want to see his stats go to the WHL website or the Saskatoon Blades website.

Anyways I do not really know what competition he has to face in the 2008 draft as far as goalies go,but he is a good goalie(I don't know if he is 1st round material right now) time will tell.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain*

Definately not first round material. I have seen him plenty of times and he has this thing of giving up goals at the worse possible time and usually there pretty bad.... There is no doubt that he has talent but he needs more consistency in his game.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
I've followed Braden's career quite closely for the past three seasons being a sports reporter in Lloydminster where he played his minor hockey and being a goalie myself.

He certainly has the size, speed, and natural talent to be an elite goaltender down the road, but his game is far from complete at this stage in his development. He does have some flaws that need to be adressed between now and next year's entry draft in order to win over a lot of critics and scouts, one of which is the aforementioned habit of giving up bad goals at bad times.

I personally think Braden is draft "worthy", but how high he goes will depend largely on his play and progress over the next 16 months or so. If he helps get the Blades into the post-season this year and carries them on a lengthy playoff run, his stock will obviously rise. As will be the case, if he leads the Blades to the top of their division next year with people talking about them as potential Memorial Cup contenders at this point in the season.

I'm not exactly up to snuff on the Blades current situation, whether that is a realistic possibility or not, but Braden would definitely have to be at the top of his game to garner first round attention. Not only would he be almost a full calendar year older than some of the other eligible goaltenders, he will be compared to the likes of Dustan Tokarski in Spokane, who is younger and putting up better numbers this year, plus he has a Telus Cup championship to his name with the Prince Albert Mintos in 2006.

That said, I for one wouldn't be the least bit upset if the Edmonton Oilers took a chance on Holtby in the middle rounds because I do believe he has the potential to be a big league goalie one day.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Holtby

Has played well in Bdn this season! I wonder if he's the starting goalie tonight? If so, I'll keep an eye on him.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
He played really the other night against the WK, basically won the game for the Blades....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad