Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
And when JTs contract expires they’d have another 11 million. Got to make good trades or it’s a complete rebuild and they may as well include Willy.
If they plan it well, you trade Marner this year, look at a Guentzel or Marchesaault for the forward group and a Montour on D. Then as you said, next year another 11 million. Bigger roles for Knies and hopefully 1 of Robertson, Minten, Cowan can produce in 2 years from now.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If they plan it well, you trade Marner this year, look at a Guentzel or Marchesaault for the forward group and a Montour on D. Then as you said, next year another 11 million. Bigger roles for Knies and hopefully 1 of Robertson, Minten, Cowan can produce in 2 years from now.
And hope that the guy sucking the 13.5 million cap hit learns how to play hockey. I’m not convinced that will happen.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Ask Canucks fans about physicality, Zadarov has been an absolute STUD this playoffs , recall all the Dubas lovers saying he was a borderline NHLer. Perhaps a pickleball forum to contribute their sport acumen…

At this point, you'd probably become a hall of fame GM if you take the consensus views of the Dubas cult and then do the complete opposite of that.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
And hope that the guy sucking the 13.5 million cap hit learns how to play hockey. I’m not convinced that will happen.
Time will tell. it’s much easier to maneuver 1 double digit struggling than 3 or 4. With the right culture change and more geared towards north/south hockey, Matthews has the frame to play it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Time will tell. it’s much easier to maneuver 1 double digit struggling than 3 or 4. With the right culture change and more geared towards north/south hockey, Matthews has the frame to play it.
Maybe, but after 8 yrs I don’t know if it’ll just click. He’ll need a couple studs to carry him and let him float around on the wing.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Ask Canucks fans about physicality, Zadarov has been an absolute STUD this playoffs , recall all the Dubas lovers saying he was a borderline NHLer. Perhaps a pickleball forum to contribute their sport acumen…

There was a few of us who wanted him really badly and that clip shows why.

Sorry, guys - I'm as guilty as anyone, but we really have to stop feeding the troll.
this board moderates far too heavily against public humiliation, that's how you really get rid of posters like them.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Ask Canucks fans about physicality, Zadarov has been an absolute STUD this playoffs ,
The same Zadorov that was traded for a 3rd and a 5th, that Tre wanted but didn't leave himself enough room to get? On the same Canucks d-corps featuring fellow mobile physical D Soucy and Cole signed for combined 6.25 this past July ?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Zadarov is playing well and most people said he is a bottom-pairing D, which he generally plays like.

He is playing above that logging 2nd pairing minutes and doing well, good for him.

Maroon made the same hit and is a 4th liner... it is weird the things people pick out to try to prove themselves right.

Point to his play, he has been good, this hit is irrelevant and lots of borderline AHLers can do it.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The same Zadorov that was traded for a 3rd and a 5th, that Tre wanted but didn't leave himself enough room to get? On the same Canucks d-corps featuring fellow mobile physical D Soucy and Cole signed for combined 6.25 this past July ?
Are you trying to argue that Treliving wasn't pushing for Zadorov?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Are you trying to argue that Treliving wasn't pushing for Zadorov?
No, I'm pointing out that fully one half of Vanouvers d-corp (the physical half) was acquired during Tre's tenure as Leafs GM, for less assets than he spent on the d, and for a fraction of what he spent on UFA's.

If it's in line with his philosophy, and it's one we want implemented, it's on him for not executing

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I think Tre ended up doing very well with the acquisitions he made, they weren't why we lost to Boston.

They were a reason, not the reason.

Personally I put a huge amount of blame on Edmondson and Lyubushkin for our powerplay going 1-for-21.

It isn't like our PK was good (62%) and Edmundson led the charge there, Lub, Dewar, and Benoit all also had notable PK time.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
No. Simply pointing out the hard, inarguable facts. If you like Vancouver's defense, especially Zadorov, Soucy, Cole - the relevant point/question in a Tre thread is "why didn't we have them" not "some posters don't like them"
He managed to build something similar for a lot cheaper, given the cap constraints left by the previous GM. And what the defense he built actually over-performed in the playoffs.

You're really trying here but it's just not sticking, sorry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad