Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I think Benoit is the type they will ideally target. Physical, but can do a bit of puck work, and is also in the right age range. Montour would definitely be nice.

I'd imagine Tre will inquire about Zadorov given the rumors earlier in the season. Though I wonder if he may price himself out of here

Benoit is a 5/6, Zardorov is a 5/6, and we already have a couple 5/6.

I just hope they target some guys who can complement some of the players we have already, and don't keep stocking up on bottom pairing guys.

I also think Zadarov will be expensive for how good he is.

Would be very happy if they could get Montour and Demelo.

I think a D of:

McCabe - Montour
Rielly - Demelo
Benoit - Liljegren

would be the best D we have had in a while.

Reactions: leafs in five

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Are they that different though? We already had Boosh and an assortment of Bogo, Benn, Schenn on the back end, I guess getting two of those guys at the same time was a slight change? I don’t think Domi and Bert were that different from the premium grinders we’ve tried up front before, we’ve run older enforcers on the 4th line before too. I’m sure I’ll get the usual Malgin Petan stuff here but they didn’t play a single playoff game for us, I mean shit we went into the Tampa series with Simmonds and Clifford on the fourth line and he got suspended right away.

I feel like the idea Dubas preached at the start about 4 lines of speed got stuck in people’s heads and they ignore that we’ve steadily been getting slower and picking up gritty grinders for depth roles since 2019. We were rumoured to be in on Bertuzzi before Brad showed up.

I guess it’s better to get those guys on short UFA deals instead of deadline adds but I don’t see how the targeted player type is all that different.

The media drilled in the meme that the core needs experienced grinders to round the team out but that’s not the type of player the actual contenders keep adding. We’ve been allergic to adding a prime aged Nuke, Lehkonen, Barbashev, Stephenson, etc for some reason. They’re not expensive to get in assets or cap, I really don’t understand it. Even a guy like Manson that looks like the traditional gritty D add, he’d probably be our best offensive D pretty comfortably, let alone comparing him to an Edmundson type.
really good post

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I think Benoit is the type they will ideally target. Physical, but can do a bit of puck work, and is also in the right age range. Montour would definitely be nice.

I'd imagine Tre will inquire about Zadorov given the rumors earlier in the season. Though I wonder if he may price himself out of here

Benoit is better than Justin Holl ever was.

I was constantly being told that guy was a "top-four" player playing along Jake Muzzin when he was healthy.

Well look what happened when Muzzin couldn't carry the load anymore.

Holl was promptly benched on a non-playoff team.

If Benoit has some more upside, absolute gold-mine add on the blue-line which is the hardest position to make additions to.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
really good post

Except for the fact it wasn't.

"We should have added Josh Manson", that was the thrilling conclusion to the post right?

He's property of the Colorado who are a contending team who paid a 2nd round pick and then promptly signed him for $4.5M x 4 years...so neither attainable in trade nor affordable for the Leafs cap-situation.

Please present a scenario where we acquire that player mid-way through his deal from a Stanley Cup contender (a real contender, not the make-believe ones like Dubas' teams either**)

Dubas could have paid that 2nd round pick and then signed him when he was a free-agent, but didn't right?

Instead he spent those picks on deadline players that he couldn't afford and had to watch leave at the end of the year.

You guys just simply aren't using any facts grounded in reality, it's basically a joke at this point.

Literally any complaint can be countered by something worse that Dubas did in the 5 years of his failure.

May as well complain that Treliving doesn't own the 1st overall pick in the draft, because it's about as non-sensical as complaining we didn't acquire Josh Manson from the Avalanche.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamzarocks

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Benoit is a 5/6, Zardorov is a 5/6, and we already have a couple 5/6.

I just hope they target some guys who can complement some of the players we have already, and don't keep stocking up on bottom pairing guys.

I also think Zadarov will be expensive for how good he is.

Would be very happy if they could get Montour and Demelo.

I think a D of:

McCabe - Montour
Rielly - Demelo
Benoit - Liljegren

would be the best D we have had in a while.

"I would just like to use all available capspace this off-season on two defencemen and roster half of our forwards and both goaltenders at league-minimum contracts"...

In other words.

Thank you for your Ted Talk notbias, please go to your desk at the back of the class, put the cone hat back on, and be seated now. :laugh:

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I don't care if we fire him, give him another year if you want, and see how he does... he just worries me based on past decisions and what he prioritizes.

He has 20 million to spend again, hopefully, it is spent better.

If you do fire him, at least have a better replacement in line this time.
Im not sure I trust him with some of these big decisions ahead. I think this team is going to be harder and longer to fix then we would like

Last edited:
Reactions: notbias

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Sick burn, ouch!

"It's not hard to add players like Josh Manson!" (thesis of your Ted Talk)

***Checks our pool of available 2nd round picks to trade away***

Whoops, Dubas traded them all away three years in advance!!!

Whoops!

Guess you forgot?! :laugh:

Thank you for your Ted Talk though, try again next time with basic facts and information on your side???

We spent more on Schenn, Foligno, Acciari, ROR than Colorado spent on Manson, Nuke, and Lehkonen, that’s the TED talk. Other contenders don’t add one-dimensional 6D like Edmundson, they get guys like Manson for comparable prices and keep them longterm. Dubas shit the bed chasing gritty vet filler pieces and missed all the high end prime aged quality depth that actual contenders focused on like Lehkonen and Barbashev for the same or cheaper prices.

Contending teams don’t need a one dimensional filler to box out guys on the PK and contribute nothing else of value, they get guys that can fill multiple roles for multiple years. We’ve been renting out guys that can’t carry a line or a pairing and calling it a win.

It really isn’t hard to add Manson types, the good teams do it every year while we’re stuck getting guys that do one limited job kind of ok while paying the same prices.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
"I would just like to use all available capspace this off-season on two defencemen and roster half of our forwards and both goaltenders at league-minimum contracts"...

In other words.

Thank you for your Ted Talk notbias, please go to your desk at the back of the class, put the cone hat back on, and be seated now. :laugh:

They have 20 million in cap space and cheap replacements at forward and D if they want.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
McMann - Tavares - Nylander
X - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
X - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - X
McCabe - X
Benoit - X

Woll
X

Reaves, Jarnkrok, and Kampf are all expendable and open up 6 million more.

Robertson, Liljegren, and Dewar are all cheap if they want to re-sign them.

They will be looking for a tandem, so like 3-4 million there.

Montour + Demelo for example should be around 12 million (hopefully less).

Demelo - 4 million
Montour - 8 million
Liljegren - 1.5 million
Robertson - 1 million
Deward - 1 million
1B - 3.5 million

There is a compliant team, they have space. If Montour will be too expensive, target Pesce.

Maybe my numbers are way off, not sure how much more Montour is getting than Hanifin.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
We spent more on Schenn, Foligno, Acciari, ROR than Colorado spent on Manson, Nuke, and Lehkonen, that’s the TED talk. Other contenders don’t add one-dimensional 6D like Edmundson, they get guys like Manson for comparable prices and keep them longterm. Dubas shit the bed chasing gritty vet filler pieces and missed all the high end prime aged quality depth that actual contenders focused on like Lehkonen and Barbashev for the same or cheaper prices.

Contending teams don’t need a one dimensional filler to box out guys on the PK and contribute nothing else of value, they get guys that can fill multiple roles for multiple years. We’ve been renting out guys that can’t carry a line or a pairing and calling it a win.

It really isn’t hard to add Manson types, the good teams do it every year while we’re stuck getting guys that do one limited job kind of ok while paying the same prices.

Oh so these are all Dubas complaints and you're bringing it up in a thread about Brad Treliving for some reason.

Highly off-topic, but I digress.

Because last I checked our nearest 2nd pick is in 2027 which was left untraded, and also both of the 1st round picks in the next three years (2025 Dubas traded away)...

If there's a complaint to me made, maybe you're unhappy we didn't offload everything to give ourselves a whack at 2nd round play again this year?

Otherwise, this makes no sense in relation to a Brad Treliving thread.

Yes it really isn't hard to acquire Manson types, the key is being able to afford to keep them on your team for a little while, which is nearly impossible under a cap-structure with four $10.63+M players on it.

Schenn, Foligno, ROR, Acciari, etc. were all bought with high draft picks and then not retained.

I don't see what this has to do with the current GM who brought in 1-year UFA's who cost nothing but money.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Benoit is better than Justin Holl ever was.

I was constantly being told that guy was a "top-four" player playing along Jake Muzzin when he was healthy.

Well look what happened when Muzzin couldn't carry the load anymore.

Holl was promptly benched on a non-playoff team.

If Benoit has some more upside, absolute gold-mine add on the blue-line which is the hardest position to make additions to.

What does any of this have to do with Tre and or the Leafs plans next season?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
They have 20 million in cap space and cheap replacements at forward and D if they want.

X - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
X - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - X
McCabe - X
Benoit - X

Woll
X

Demelo - 4 million
Montour - 8 million
Liljegren - 1.5 million
Robertson - 1 million
Deward - 1 million
1B - 3.5 million

There is a compliant team, they have space. If Montour will be too expensive, target Pesce.

Maybe my numbers are way off, not sure how much more Montour is getting than Hanifin.

Glaring issues.

- Woll is your number one goaltender who can't stay healthy, has his own consistency issues, no proven record at the NHL of any full-time work, and also no money allocated to a backup in case he falters or can't take on the work-load
- Lillegren gets a salary that keeps up with inflation on his RFA deal, I'm sure he goes for it
- Robertson and Dewar get a salary increase that barely outpaces inflation, I'm sure they go for it
- We lose Bertuzzi and Domi to free agency, and replace them with a single forward @ $3.5M while we complain about an issue with depth scoring in the playoffs
- Giving McMann a 2nd line role after one good season
- Give $12M to offensive defencemen in hopes that this will keep our goals against down in front of Joseph Woll and a league minimum backup, ignoring the fact that we really don't have trouble scoring goals so much as we do defending the net.

Basically you just want to shift the Bertuzzi and Domi money onto defence but just because Montour is the best available defenceman doesn't mean you do it. The fit has to be there and with Rielly here for the long-haul, I don't see it.

Strange ideas all around.

I'm glad we have professionals working at MLSE.

Truthfully I'm surprised you didn't draw up an all-in trade for Karlsson.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamzarocks

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Glaring issues.

- Woll is your number one goaltender lwho can't stay healthy and has his own consistency issues, no proven record at the NHL, and also no money allocated to a backup in case he falters

Already talks of getting a 1B, how much do they cost?

- Lillegren gets a salary that keeps up with inflation on his RFA deal, I'm sure he goes for it

He likely doesn't get much of a raise, if he does, Timmins at 1.1 is fine with me.

- Robertson and Dewar get a salary increase that barely outpaces inflation, I'm sure they go for it

I think together they are 2 million, Robertson more than a million, Dewar less.

- We lose Bertuzzi and Domi to free agency, and replace them with a single forward @ $3.5M while we complain about an issue with depth scoring

Bertuzzi sucks. Domi would be nice to keep, move Reaves + Kampf + Jarnkrok, move Holmberg to 4C, Domi at 3C, and for Janrkrok + Reaves you can find replacements internally with some prospects/league min guys.

- Give McMann a 2nd line role after one good season

Looked good there this year.

- Give $12M to offensive defencemen in hopes that this will keep our goals against down in front of Joseph Woll and a league minimum backup, ignoring the fact that we really don't have trouble scoring goals so much as we do defending the net.

Not sure you know who Demelo is, but you might be able to learn about him.

Montour is also able to play both sides of the puck.

We also have trouble scoring... improving the backend will help a lot.

What are you watching that you think defending is our biggest issue?

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021

X - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
X - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - X
McCabe - X
Benoit - X

Woll
X

Demelo - 4 million
Montour - 8 million
Liljegren - 1.5 million
Robertson - 1 million
Deward - 1 million
1B - 3.5 million

That's more than fair for Montour. DeMelo though is 31 with $12M career earnings coming off a monster year, he probably looks to cash in hard - high demand forsure.

I'd be suprised if either become available, maybe DeMelo, but both landing in Toronto is more of a dream scenario. A good one no doubt depending on term, both 30s, but perfectly fit our needs.

I'd go Rielly-DeMelo (recreate Jets #1 super pairing), McCabe-Montour, Benoit-Eddy. Replace Eddy if it doesn't work out.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
He has not yet made any core changes - that’s true, but he hasn’t even been here a year.

He did take a vastly different approach to filling the depth roles than the previous GM, and those moves were quite successful.
He did not do anything drastically different, the thought he did is vastly untrue. For every type of guy he brought in, Shanny and Dubas or Shanny and Lou tried that type of guy at least once.

His off season moves were 50/50 at best, too. Domi and Bert, pretty good. Klingberg and Reaves, well neither was playing when it mattered most. Kampf and Sammy, meh.

It's also not that he hasn't made changes to the core, he's doubled down and extended everyone he could (and this place is gonna burn to the ground when he likely does it again with Marner). He also extended the coach. Dude had a year and decided to do the same thing as we've been doing for years (consistent with his time in Calgary, too). Which is kind of the point, he's been brought in to bring us the status quo.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That's more than fair for Montour. DeMelo though is 31 with $12M career earnings coming off a monster year, he probably looks to cash in hard - high demand forsure.

I'd be suprised if either become available, maybe DeMelo, but both landing in Toronto is more of a dream scenario. A good one no doubt depending on term, both 30s, but perfectly fit our needs.

More of a dream scenario, I don't expect us to land either.

I expect us to spend a couple of million on 1-2D who are #4s or lower, and then re-sign Domi and sign a couple guys to 2-3 million, as well as overpaying a goalie.

I don't expect free agency to go well, but I really hope some of the good players become available and we take a run.

Was just trying to show that we just have cap to spend, we don't have an issue with the cap right now.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Already talks of getting a 1B, how much do they cost?
More than the league minimum you're allocating.

And for the amount of risk involved with making Joseph Woll your workhorse, Cup winning goaltender?

Yeah you may want to get a reliable option better than Martin Jones...

He likely doesn't get much of a raise, if he does, Timmins at 1.1 is fine with me.
He likely gets a fair raise, because that's what happens when guys near UFA get...multi-year deals which buy UFA years...those cost money.

I think together they are 2 million, Robertson more than a million, Dewar less.

Again, Deward gets a raise and Robertson gets a lot more. We all know his scoring clip with the time he's getting, it's no secret.

Bertuzzi sucks.

Bertuzzi was our top playoff scorer and gets paid elsewhere.

If he sucks then how's that look on Marner and Tavares.

Don't answer that, I truly don't care what you think about anything.

Domi would be nice to keep, move Reaves + Kampf + Jarnkrok, move Holmberg to 4C, Domi at 3C, and for Janrkrok + Reaves you can find replacements internally with some prospects/league min guys.

Yes so unfortunately you can't just wish away horrible useless contracts like Jarnkrok in the NHL.

So that'll cost the Leafs something or we just let it ride and remind everyone what a terrible GM was and eat it for free.
Looked good there this year.

In an incredibly short time-span. But you're also counting on Woll to win us the Cup so at this point, why not keep shooting for the Moon right?
What's the worst that can happen, yet another first round loss?

Not sure you know who Demelo is, but you might be able to learn about him.

I will take fault for this one, I read DeAngelo.

Demelo is fine, and may be around that price-range. And a RHD.

Should be a target.

My fault, fully.

Montour is also able to play both sides of the puck.

We also have trouble scoring... improving the backend will help a lot.

What are you watching that you think defending is our biggest issue?

I would point to us scoring the 2nd most goals in the league with not a great goal differential at the end of the year, leading me to believe we let in too many goals, which we did.

A combination of goaltending, defensive forward ability, and defensive defencemen need to come in and help that out as far as GA.

With Joseph Woll being the starting goaltender and no cap-space for the backup, I very much doubt that will improve the goaltending.

With Demelo and Montour, it's questionable at best whether that helps especially in value-terms per-dollar spent.

With the amount of forward returnees in your lineup that contributed to the GA numbers this year, and no cap-space allocated for replacements ($3.5M?), that will almost assuredly not improve our defensive game.

I think we'll see something completely different from this.

Too much of the same, not enough change. And there's no way they go with Woll as the workhorse.

A lot of what happens with the lineup will depend on whether or not Mitch wants in or out.

Probably some fine tuning but I don't see multiple large contracts being handed out for the sake of it to UFA's.

Once Dubas' disgusting Tavares contract is expired next year, that's when we'll for sure see some huge moves for the franchise.

Last edited:

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
More of a dream scenario, I don't expect us to land either.

I expect us to spend a couple of million on 1-2D who are #4s or lower, and then re-sign Domi and sign a couple guys to 2-3 million, as well as overpaying a goalie.

I don't expect free agency to go well, but I really hope some of the good players become available and we take a run.

Was just trying to show that we just have cap to spend, we don't have an issue with the cap right now.
Last year we landed 3 of the top five FA targets. Bert, Domi, Reavo, Benny were some of our strongest playoff contributors and Jones kept our season from falling off a cliff. Have some faith.

Cap is a problem. We are spending more than this years increase to keep two of our players from last year. We are at a competitive disadvantage against the field, as it stands . .

Reactions: Bomber0104

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
More than the league minimum you're allocating.

And for the amount of risk involved with making Joseph Woll your workhorse, Cup winning goaltender?

Yeah you may want to get a reliable option better than Martin Jones...

I gave the goalie 3.5 million.

He likely gets a fair raise, because that's what happens when guys near UFA get...multi-year deals which buy UFA years...those cost money.
He is an RFA, you need to start brining facts.

Again, Deward gets a raise and Robertson gets a lot more. We all know his scoring clip with the time he's getting, it's no secret.

Can you point me to part-time NHLers making more than 1.2? I'd be curious.

Dewar can walk if he is much more than the league minimum, he is a dime-a-dozen player.

Bertuzzi was our top playoff scorer and gets paid elsewhere.

If he sucks then how's that look on Marner and Tavares.

Don't answer that, I truly don't care what you think about anything.

Bertuzzi can get paid elsewhere then... he is a bad hockey player.

Assuming you were one of the guys saying "wait til playoffs", and then he put up a 45 point pace.

Yes so unfortunately you can't just wish away horrible useless contracts like Jarnkrok in the NHL.

So that'll cost the Leafs something or we just let it ride and remind everyone what a terrible GM was and eat it for free.

Jarnkrok is not a bad contract, I think he is neutral value, someone will take him.

In an incredibly short time-span. But you're also counting on Woll to win us the Cup so at this point, why not keep shooting for the Moon right?
What's the worst that can happen, yet another first round loss?

There are no good goalies... I guess trade for one? Who?

I will take fault for this one, I read DeAngelo.

Demelo is fine, and may be around that price-range. And a RHD.

Should be a target.

My fault, fully.

DeAngelo would be an interesting reclamation project too if he comes in cheap, the upside is there, although he is a nutcase, but ya, Demelo may be too much, I agree.

Demelo is also aging though and he isn't a flashy D, so someone reliable like him may be cheaper than Pesce for example.

I would point to us scoring the 2nd most goals in the league with not a great goal differential at the end of the year, leading me to believe we let in too many goals, which we did.

A combination of goaltending, defensive forward ability, and defensive defencemen need to come in and help that out.

With Joseph Woll being the starting goaltender and no cap-space for the backup, I very much doubt that will improve the goaltending.

With Demelo and Montour, it's questionable at best whether that helps especially in value-terms per-dollar spent.

With the amount of forward returnees that contributed to the GA numbers this year, and no cap-space allocated for replacements, that will almost assuredly not improve our defensive game.

I think we'll see something completely different from this.

Too much of the same, not enough change. And there's no way they go with Woll as the workhorse.

I still think if you were to get a combination of Demelo and Montour for example, you would be better at clearing your zone, have improved offense a lot, and the defensive game would get better by being able to transition well and maintain possession.

This would be a big change on the defensive end with capable offense coming from all 3 pairs, and all 3 being able to defend.

Last year we landed 3 of the top five FA targets. Bert, Domi, Reavo, Benny were some of our strongest playoff contributors and Jones kept our season from falling off a cliff. Have some faith.

Cap is a problem. We are spending more than this years increase to keep two of our players from last year. We are at a competitive disadvantage against the field, as it stands . .

Domi was a great playoff contributor, Beniot was okay, Bert was meh, and Reaves was bad.

We have 20 million and cheap players available, not sure cap is an issue, people just repeat that it is because they haven't looked at it.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
He did not do anything drastically different, the thought he did is vastly untrue. For every type of guy he brought in, Shanny and Dubas or Shanny and Lou tried that type of guy at least once.

They may have brought in bits and pieces, but Tre was the first to commit to that style. He understood that you can just add a couple guys and change the dynamic.

He added Domi, Bertuzzi, Reaves, and Dewar up front.
He added Benoit, Edmundson, and Lyubushkin on the blueline. He also traded for and signed Cade Webber.

His off season moves were 50/50 at best, too. Domi and Bert, pretty good. Klingberg and Reaves, well neither was playing when it mattered most. Kampf and Sammy, meh.

Domi, Bertuzzi, Benoit, and Martin Jones were all good additions.

He overpaid Kampf and Reaves a little bit, but nothing major. Both guys were still useful.

Samsonov is tricky. He was an RFA, so letting him walk was pretty unlikely unless a clear better option is available.

Klingberg might have been useful while out powerplay floundered during the play-offs. Too bad he got hurt and we never got to see him.

It's also not that he hasn't made changes to the core, he's doubled down and extended everyone he could (and this place is gonna burn to the ground when he likely does it again with Marner). He also extended the coach. Dude had a year and decided to do the same thing as we've been doing for years (consistent with his time in Calgary, too). Which is kind of the point, he's been brought in to bring us the status quo.

He signed the two that should be kept. Marner and Tavares are the problems, so until he signs one of them, I'll believe he's making those changes.

Extending the coach was a formality. Having a lame-duck coach is a horrible option, so it was either fire him or extend him.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Except for the fact it wasn't.

"We should have added Josh Manson", that was the thrilling conclusion to the post right?

He's property of the Colorado who are a contending team who paid a 2nd round pick and then promptly signed him for $4.5M x 4 years...so neither attainable in trade nor affordable for the Leafs cap-situation.

Please present a scenario where we acquire that player mid-way through his deal from a Stanley Cup contender (a real contender, not the make-believe ones like Dubas' teams either**)

Dubas could have paid that 2nd round pick and then signed him when he was a free-agent, but didn't right?

Instead he spent those picks on deadline players that he couldn't afford and had to watch leave at the end of the year.

You guys just simply aren't using any facts grounded in reality, it's basically a joke at this point.

Literally any complaint can be countered by something worse that Dubas did in the 5 years of his failure.

May as well complain that Treliving doesn't own the 1st overall pick in the draft, because it's about as non-sensical as complaining we didn't acquire Josh Manson from the Avalanche.
The irony is, and I absolutely kid you not, plenty, and I mean plenty of non-Dubas loving Leafs fans suggested and wanted Josh Manson when he was on the Ducks and rumored to be available.

The consensus among Dubas fans was that he was an awful dman, who couldn't transition the puck and offered nothing offensively.

The most common phrase was "I get it, hits are cool and stuff, but Manson is a terrible dman".

They had no desire to trade for him because, by all accounts, only a dinosaur could see any value in him.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

X - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
X - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - X
McCabe - X
Benoit - X

Woll
X

Demelo - 4 million
Montour - 8 million
Liljegren - 1.5 million
Robertson - 1 million
Deward - 1 million
1B - 3.5 million

How does Pesce make sense as an alt for Montour?

Montour is an OFD and a good PP QB option

A 50+ pt player who can bring some physical play and solid defense

Pesce is a defensive guy at this pt who has little offense and no PP QB skills

Pesce or Tanev would be good (thougj risky due to potential fall of after big deal and due to age) to play a role with Rielly

Montour would be #2D on the team if we got him and a guy who would challange rielly to be his best

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
The irony is, and I absolutely kid you not, plenty, and I mean plenty of non-Dubas loving Leafs fans suggested and wanted Josh Manson when he was on the Ducks and rumored to be available.

The consensus among Dubas fans was that he was an awful dman, who couldn't transition the puck and offered nothing offensively.

The most common phrase was "I get it, hits are cool and stuff, but Manson is a terrible dman".

They had no desire to trade for him because, by all accounts, only a dinosaur could see any value in him.
I remember that, pretty upset when he landed on the Avs, he played a big part in their cup run. Wrecking ball from beginning to end, injured two players on one shift.

Pretty upset when Boston landed Lindholm too.

We grabbed Gio.

Reactions: All Mod Cons

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
“You can get these guys if you want to!”

@Martin Skoula

:laugh:

Edmundson cost 3rd + 5th, Manson cost 2nd + prospect lol. Renting boosh + Edmundson for a single run cost more than it cost Colorado to get either one of Manson or Towes for several years lmao, holy shit have we been getting the shit end of the stick for the better part of a decade.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Edmundson cost 3rd + 5th, Manson cost 2nd + prospect lol. Renting boosh + Edmundson for a single run cost more than it cost Colorado to get either one of Manson or Towes for several years lmao, holy shit have we been getting the shit end of the stick for the better part of a decade.

Boosh alone scored 4x as many points as Dubas’ big-ticket Nick Foligno playoff acquisition did who cost a first round pick, I believe Edmundson did too? :laugh:

Whoops!!

Reactions: Cleetus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad