Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
I really hope the coaching staff are smart enough to shut Brad down for a few games. He is clearly dinged up and it is foolish not to get him some rest right now.

I would sit him for the next 5 games and then bring him back for the final 3 to get his timing back before the playoffs.

With that being said...I'm not holding my breath that the staff makes the right call on this type of thing.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I really hope the coaching staff are smart enough to shut Brad down for a few games. He is clearly dinged up and it is foolish not to get him some rest right now.

I would sit him for the next 5 games and then bring him back for the final 3 to get his timing back before the playoffs.

With that being said...I'm not holding my breath that the staff makes the right call on this type of thing.
He’s just simply getting older and is being asked to do too much at his age. His scoring has dropped dramatically towards the end of the year the last few years.

At bare minimum they need to drop him lower in the lineup next year to preserve his legs.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He’s just simply getting older and is being asked to do too much at his age. His scoring has dropped dramatically towards the end of the year the last few years.

At bare minimum they need to drop him lower in the lineup next year to preserve his legs.

Last year he did for sure but he rebounded in April when the playoffs hit with 10 in 7. I'm hoping he does the same again this season.

These are Brad's last few seasons in the month of March.

2024 - 10 points / 13 games

2023 - 10 points / 14 games

2022 - 14 points / 14 games

2021 - 13 points / 11 games

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Last year he did for sure but he rebounded in April when the playoffs hit with 10 in 7. I'm hoping he does the same again this season.

These are Brad's last few seasons in the month of March.

2024 - 10 points / 13 games

2023 - 10 points / 14 games

2022 - 14 points / 14 games

2021 - 13 points / 11 games

Ya the break between regular season and post season helped, but as he gets older more rest will be needed.

He had one goal in the final 12 games of 2022, 2 goals in the final 22 games of 2023 and 2 goals in his last 22 games this year.

He’s definitely slowing down scoring at the end of each year. It’s time to start working on a replacement for him on the top line and let him take a lesser role so he can preserve himself

Last edited:
Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Ya the break between regular season and post season helped, but as he gets older more rest will be needed.

He had one goal in the final 12 games of 2022, 2 goals in the final 22 games of 2023 and 2 goals in his last 22 games this year.

He’s definitely slowing down scoring at the end of each year. It’s time to start working on a replacement for him on the top line and let him take a lesser role so he can preserve himself

His goal production late in the season has been slowing down, but he is still finding ways to get on the scoreboard. I think this year is the first season where all aspects of his game have eroded significantly in the final weeks and the team needs to adjust for this.

If DeBrusk walks, the Bruins don't really have any top 6 LW options coming thru the pipeline, which leaves them depending on Marchand again. They need to fix this issue in the offseason with either a center ( and move Zacha to LW ) or find another LW free agent. I'm in favor of going for Guentzel if he hits free agency, letting DeBrusk go to another team and maybe even resign Heinen.

Reactions: Ladyfan

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Random aside: not something I really focus on but Saw this morning how Marchand has moved into the stratosphere of active playoff points. Sitting 7th he could move past Kane, Pavelski and Ovy if they win this series. Only behind Sid, Geno and Kuch.

I bring this up because, despite being a huge fan, I kinda forget.

Reactions: sooshii

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad