Value of: Bozak (Auction)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not in a million years.
Sorry, but he commands nothing.
He is a meh F.
If a team needs a body, they will give meh for him.
A $ deal is all that's left.
Staal finally improved recovery from eye injury and concussion, obviously nowhere near being top shutdown D he once was, but still contributes and is fine at 3rd pair 10-12 mins, esp w/correct partner.
On top of that, if he regresses, the buyout option which is expensive this year becomes reasonably affordable next year.

It is not clear that Staal + does not fetch more than Bozak, btw.

2nd + 3rd.
No, a gazillion times no. And you stand alone on this foolish, ridiculous suggestion.

The idiotic win now crowd has finally been forced, as it should have been previously, to bend, buckle and break in extreme capitulation to the sensible build crowd, so we can grow assets as a base to whatever we add.

Picks are not to be squandered.

We acquired pending UFA Brendan Smith, who played well last year after TD, who cost the same 2nd and 3rd. We then had to pay him what he wanted so he would not walk = loss of those picks for nothing going forward.

Smith then got married, pigged out, showed up outta shape, and is only now just rounding back into form. There is a log jam at LD, and if some restraint were shown last year instead of indulging AV, we would be better off.

Did you learn nothing from Eric Staal, Clowe debacles? From Smith?

Consider yourself relieved of command CC.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
Sorry, but he commands nothing.
He is a meh F.
If a team needs a body, they will give meh for him.
A $ deal is all that's left.
Staal finally improved recovery from eye injury and concussion, obviously nowhere near being top shutdown D he once was, but still contributes and is fine at 3rd pair 10-12 mins, esp w/correct partner.
On top of that, if he regresses, the buyout option which is expensive this year becomes reasonably affordable next year.

It is not clear that Staal + does not fetch more than Bozak, btw.

He doesn't need to command anything. We aren't in a position to sell, he's just been poor this year and we're visibly frustrated with him.

Commanding nothing is far more valuable than commanding Marc Staal and whatever + NYR deems appropriate.

Reactions: Raymoondo

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He doesn't need to command anything. We aren't in a position to sell, he's just been poor this year and we're visibly frustrated with him.

Commanding nothing is far more valuable than commanding Marc Staal and whatever + NYR deems appropriate.

But that is a dif
Staal would easily fetch something, not a lot, but something, if we go on production/performance. It is his contract that kills a deal.

Bozak you admit is poor. Contributes nothing at best, liability at worst.

Any hoo, I expect we will both retain what we have.
If someone actually offers you JJ, for real, that is a better option for now, tho it is not without likely cap consequences down the road.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He's a 50 point middle 6 centre, which has more value than a 2nd round pick. I'm happy to keep him for the playoffs.
Exactly...the only deal i would make is one involving Cole (without us adding), at least that would upgrade our roster in another area. A 2nd does nothing.

Reactions: FieldOfDreams

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'd swap Bozak for JJ. I'd do 2nd+3rd from any team right now. I'd rather Bozak spend the rest of the year on Robidas Island than trade for M. Staal.

Reactions: Liferleafer

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jack Johnson for Tyler Bozak would be fantastic.

Fit one of Marleau or Nylander up the middle, give Kapanen a roster spot, and boom.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
JVR-Nylander-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Martin-Moore-Komarov
Leivo

Rielly-Hainsey
Johnson-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Carrick
Borgman-Polak

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
But that is a dif
Staal would easily fetch something, not a lot, but something, if we go on production/performance. It is his contract that kills a deal.

If someone actually offers you JJ, for real, that is a better option for now, tho it is not without likely cap consequences down the road.
At best Bozak contributes much more than Staal

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
But that is a dif

What are you using to deem Marc Staal's performance this year as something productive? By many metrics, even strength or all situations, he looks to be having a terrible year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad