Line Combos: Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Is it just my imagination or talent and chemistry-wise this is the best 4th line we've had since pre-dark years? Seems like no matter how good we were the 4th line if it ever stayed together was just our 3 worst forwards together and those guys were usually not that great. It would have scrubs like Hollweg, Rupp, Orr, and Brashear. This line actually has 3 legit NHL players who are all good 4th liners, who have great chemistry. I think they can challenge some of our "3rd lines" from previous years. Some of the 3rd lines we had in 11-12 weren't too much better than this 4th line.

I used to cringe when I saw our 4th line on the ice. Now I look forward to it.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Remember when the Shelly-Anisimov-Prust line almost got us into the playoffs! Although not sure if that counts.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Still prefer Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko/Avery but our current fourth is solid too. I even liked Sjostrom-Betts-Orr. We're usually pretty good on the last line.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Still prefer Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko/Avery but our current fourth is solid too. I even liked Sjostrom-Betts-Orr. We're usually pretty good on the last line.

Was Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko/Avery ever a 4th line? I thought it was our 3rd line. I don't remember Avery ever being a 4th liner.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Was Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko/Avery ever a 4th line? I thought it was our 3rd line. I don't remember Avery ever being a 4th liner.

I think we usually played our last two lines with similar minutes. Sometimes the Anisimov 3rd line would get benched lol. In 2010, we had guys like Eric Christensen getting top 6 ice time with Wolski, Frolov, etc. The whole back end was like a giant fourth line (with holes on the top two lines).

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Rangers have had some good fourth lines since the first lockout.

The HMO line/Ward-Betts-whomever were good.

The Sjostrom-Betts-Orr line was very good too.

This year's line has been very good.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
We have one of the better third line guys in the league on our fourth line in Moore, IMO. Boyle is a 3rd line player on many teams (although he is better suited for fourth line duty). We'll have Lindberg soon, and he will likely be a valuable fourth liner next year. Our bottom-6 is looking pretty good for the next few years.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
the difference to most of the Torts years is, we now have a concept for our 4th line. Guys who are good on the forecheck, very useful on the PK and little dash of skill (Moore). In prior years our 4th line mostly has consisted of spare parts a la Christensen and Wolski or useless goons a la Scott.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We have one of the better third line guys in the league on our fourth line in Moore, IMO. Boyle is a 3rd line player on many teams (although he is better suited for fourth line duty). We'll have Lindberg soon, and he will likely be a valuable fourth liner next year. Our bottom-6 is looking pretty good for the next few years.

Yeah I think Moore and Boyle can easily be 3rd liners but are ideally 4th liners. Moore (not Moyle, lol) is the friggin Zuccarello of the 4th line, just makes it go. The guy creates a ton considering he's a 4th liner and playing with 4th liners. What an amazing pickup. I didn't remember him being this good in his first stint here. He was one of our bigger steals over the years. Great 3rd round pick.

I just looked at Moore's production I don't think it's a stretch to say that he's one of the best 4th liners in the league. The guy had a 41 point season too. If Boyle can play on the 3rd line for us for Torts' entire tenure than Moore is a 3rd liner.

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
remember when everyone snapped at the 7th rounder for Carcillo? lol . Pretty sure he is going to resign on the cheap. Also I am hoping Moore resigns, he's a good vet and shouldn't cost more than 1.2.

Boyle needs to go. He is a good 4th liner but makes too much for a 4th liner. They have Dorsett signed so he will step in like it or not

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
remember when everyone snapped at the 7th rounder for Carcillo? lol . Pretty sure he is going to resign on the cheap. Also I am hoping Moore resigns, he's a good vet and shouldn't cost more than 1.2.

Boyle needs to go. He is a good 4th liner but makes too much for a 4th liner. They have Dorsett signed so he will step in like it or not

I really don't want to see Dorsett and his millions of penalties. BTW, some Rangers fans STILL hold a grudge against Carcillo because of something that happened 4 years ago and don't like it. You'd think he went Bertuzzi or at least Cooke on a Ranger.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim

You think people snapped because of the conditional 7th or because they didn't want Carcillo on the team? I was one of them and I didn't give a rat's ass about the pick.

I have long since eaten crow and I'm still enjoying the taste. The dude is playing better hockey than he has for years and is pissing opponents off without playing dirty. I'm very happy he was brought in.

Don't want Dorse to stay. Take whatever they can get for him and find someone else to take Boyle's spot on the 4th line.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Yeah I think Moore and Boyle can easily be 3rd liners but are ideally 4th liners. Moyle is the friggin Zuccarello of the 4th line, just makes it go. The guy creates a ton considering he's a 4th liner and playing with 4th liners. What an amazing pickup. I didn't remember him being this good in his first stint here. He was one of our bigger steals over the years. Great 3rd round pick.

I just looked at Moore's production I don't think it's a stretch to say that he's one of the best 4th liners in the league. The guy had a 41 point season too. If Boyle can play on the 3rd line for us for Torts' entire tenure than Moore is a 3rd liner.

slip of the tongue goes internet. :laugh:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I would trade Dorsett for a future and resign Boyle. Dorsett making 1.6 and being as valuable as Carcillo minus the pk is not worth it. Especially if guys like Lindberg, Fast, and Miller have the ability to PK and will most likely be up next season.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
In the Salary Cap Era, I really liked the HBO line (Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer) and the Sjostrom - Betts - Orr line. Both were black-holes offensively but very solid shut-down lines. Freddie Sjostrom was a nice little pick up, and Betts is probably our best or second-best fourth line center in the last decade.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Really hope at the very least Dominic Moore is brought back. I'd bring back all of them but thats probably unlikely. Really want to see our roster not change over so much for once, but we have too many UFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad