Boyd Gordon or Scott Upshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Well, ive seen little of both, that's why I asked you guys. Though, in his 41 games with the Caps, didnt Gordon kinda proved a little bit more than Upshall?

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Madevilz said:
Well, ive seen little of both, that's why I asked you guys. Though, in his 41 games with the Caps, didnt Gordon kinda proved a little bit more than Upshall?

Two different answers. If you are looking for the most upside scoring wise I say Upshall. If you are looking for the most complete player I say Gordon.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Upshall even though Gordon is really coming into his own in Portland

Gordon is one of those guys who will do all the little things right but never standout...I still dont agree with McPhee taking him 17th overall

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Epsilon said:
Having absolutely no bias towards either player, Upshall easily. Man did Boyd Gordon ever get picked too high in his draft.

I agree on Upshall easily being a better prospect than Gordon, but to so emphatically diss where Gordon was picked is too harsh. He was a safe pick. Yes, there were players with greater potential picked after him, but Mcphee had two big time potential picks before Gordon and I think he wanted to pick a player who had a good chance of making the NHL one day.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
triggrman said:
Upshall is hurt again. Right now, I'd be afraid to label him anything.

Yeah, everyone is so quick to say Upshall, but at this rate, will he ever make the NHL? If he's too fragile for the AHL pounding, he's going to have a lot of trouble playing for the Preds, a team who delivers and receives lots of hits. I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but he missed 30+ games last regular season with an injury and over a dozen playoff games. This year, only a little over a third of the way into the season, he's already missed 8 games (and will undoubtedly miss more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad