Confirmed with Link: Bouwmeester for Cundari, Berra, protected 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
If anything this makes the Leopold deal slightly puzzling unless the conversations with Feaster didn't look very promising 48 hours ago. Russell has been playing great.

Trading for Leopold was the insurance policy to keep the cost down on a J-Bo deal?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
God. Dammit.

He's a Blue now, so I'll root for him and want to be proven wrong. But LA's gonna go through Bouwmeester like crap through a goose. Wrong guy. Want to be proven wrong.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Jackman has a NTC and took a discount because this is his home. He won't be waiving, and we won't be asking him to waive.

I wouldn't be surprised if nobody gets moved before the deadline. If we keep Cole, then I wouldn't be completely shocked to see us move Polák in the summer.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
As much as I love Jacks, he does make sense. If the last trade is a big one he holds more value then the other 3.

You know, Philly might be crazy enough to give up Couturier...

Edit: forgot the no movement clause. Perron and Cole for Couturier is certainly a pipe dream

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
God. Dammit.

He's a Blue now, so I'll root for him and want to be proven wrong. But LA's gonna go through Bouwmeester like crap through a goose. Wrong guy. Want to be proven wrong.
What kind of problems do you anticipate Jaybo having here?

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Jackman has a NTC and took a discount because this is his home. He won't be waiving, and we won't be asking him to waive.

I wouldn't be surprised if nobody gets moved before the deadline. If we keep Cole, then I wouldn't be completely shocked to see us move Polák in the summer.

I'd be shocked if they moved Polak over Cole, unless they get a good return for him or because of the contract.

I'd think Elliott would be moved in the off season if he can perform well as to bring up Allen next season to be the 1B.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Perron+Berglund for Briere+Couturier/Schenn. Include Cole or Russell and whatever piece from Philly. Helps salaries and both teams currently.

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
Suddenly the Blues are in an interesting position with their LD. Russell has to produce some Offense to be effective. Leo is a strong skater with more Offense and size. The Blues could bring him back. JBo is only 29 years old and has scored 15 goals twice in his career. Hopefully he and Pie click. This could really solidify this team.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'd be shocked if they moved Polak over Cole, unless they get a good return for him or because of the contract.

I'd think Elliott would be moved in the off season if he can perform well as to bring up Allen next season to be the 1B.

Polák has higher trade value and is earning $3.1m next season. We can say that he plays important minutes, but we have now acquired another guy that can do that. Cole would be $1.5m cheaper.

Not "expecting" it, but it is a route we could go in the summer.

Undoubtedly.

Depends how Leopold plays and how much he is looking for. If he does well and is looking for $2m, then I think we'll move Russell. Too early to say anything really.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
For those concerned with the roster space, Jbo will not be added to the roster until after the roster limit is lifted so they do not have to make any moves. However I think they will make another move in the next 40ish hours.

Kelly Chase was saying on NHLN the reason the trade went down during the Blues game was so Jbo's streak of playing in every game for 8+ season would not be ended since he was not on the Blues team when our game started and he was no longer on the Flames when their game started. Of course that could all be BS.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Anybody see the Blues resigning Jay-Bo after his contract is up?

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Looking at our long term depth, I'm guessing a top 9 winger, one of our LD's and a prospect for a top 6 C. The pieces and depth makes sense.

I would think if they're going for a center that Berglund makes the most sense. But I would prefer it be a winger.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Perron+Berglund for Briere+Couturier/Schenn. Include Cole or Russell and whatever piece from Philly. Helps salaries and both teams currently.

No thank you.
The Blues need a gritty, character guy more than a scoring line center.
I'm looking for something on a much smaller scale.

Cole for Niel/Ott/Hall/Torres or something on those lines.

Although if Clowe is really available I might kick the tires there.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
No thank you.
The Blues need a gritty, character guy more than a scoring line center.
I'm looking for something on a much smaller scale.

Cole for Niel/Ott/Hall/Torres or something on those lines.

Although if Clowe is really available I might kick the tires there.

I'm with you too, I'm not even going to try and guess what Armstrong is going to do anymore lol. I wonder if he is getting everything done early for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad