Bounty put out on non NHLPA apologist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/News/2005/02/23/939754.html

Class act. Geez, I wonder if Chelly or Hatcher had anything to do about it. No, that cant be so, especially cause when the three stooges were signed, (Hatcher, Chelly & Draper),I understand the coach who had been coaching the Mechanics (Garry Unger) was replaced by this idiot Shannon, who is apparently a bud of Hatchers.
Class acts all the way these NHLPA guys. Steal jobs from guys trying to survive & feed the family, get coaches replaced with your buddies, & then put out bounties on players who have the temerity to speak out against these idiots.
And oh yes NHLPA apologists, while some of this is speculation, for once try connecting the dots.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm as pro-owner as they come, but this thought never came to mind for me. I'm not saying it isn't possible (stranger things have happened), but I think there are a lot of inferences that would have to be made. I'm more inclined to believe that it's just a bad decision by the coach rather than a conspiracy against the non NHLPA players of the world.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He was a coach of a last place team. Putting a bounty on someone's head was probably just the last of a whole series of idiotic ideas like that, so it was probably all him.

Sammy*

Cloned said:
I'm as pro-owner as they come, but this thought never came to mind for me. I'm not saying it isn't possible (stranger things have happened), but I think there are a lot of inferences that would have to be made. I'm more inclined to believe that it's just a bad decision by the coach rather than a conspiracy against the non NHLPA players of the world.
Fair enough, but why in gods name would this idiot put a bounty on the poor guys head, short of the three stooges recently joining his team & one of them being his good buddy. Hey, Iam admittedly a cynic & pro owner, but I cannot believe the three stooges wouldnt have known this, condoned it & probably promoted it.

Mountain Dude

Cloned said:

I agree with this, however, I will add in that a generous portion of the PA is classless.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Mountain Dude said:
I agree with this, however, I will add in that a generous portion of the PA is classless.
With the prime examples like Bertuzzi and Naslund still fresh in everyones mind it would be impossible to argue they all have class.Some definately more than others,and in the case of Bertuzzi and Naslund its obvious some are completely void.
I would venture a guess that most are rather decent folks however.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Cloned said:

Actually after the incident occurred...Mojo radio in Vancouver had the UHL commissioner on and he said how they found out was by a linesman, and the coach will never be in the league again. He also said that Hatcher and other NHL players (after the coach left the room) told the rest of the players they would not follow through on any bounty. This is good news and I am glad no one got hurt but the longer the lockout the more problems that may start to come up with NHL players in other leagues. Players are competitive and sometimes this prompts stupid actions...

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
cloned said:
Very few inferences would have to be made. Kevin Kerr (the alltime leading minor league goal scorer) never did anything on the ice (like Moore's Naslund headhunting) to merit any type of revenge, the only reason to go after him was because of the following comments made when Hatcher and Chelios initially signed with Motor City. These were taken from the Detroit Free Press:
''The hypocrisy of it is unbelievable,'' Kevin Kerr told the Detroit Free Press. ''They don't want a salary cap, but they'll come to a league that has a salary cap and take someone else's job.''

''I make $700 a week, and I have a wife and two kids and a mortgage payment,'' Kerr told the paper. ''Here I wish I could play in the NHL for a fraction of what they make, and here they're going to come play in our league for $500 a week. It's really bizarre.''

''I don't think those guys have ever wondered about working a day in their life,'' he said. ''They probably make more in a week than I do my whole season.''
It is these comments that inspired the NHLPA players to conspire with their coach to possibly end the career of the alltime leading minor league goal scorer.
hoek said:
He was a coach of a last place team. Putting a bounty on someone's head was probably just the last of a whole series of idiotic ideas like that, so it was probably all him.
He had never coached the team for a single game at the time the bounty was issued. He was hired on at the same time as the NHLPA hypocrites. From this AP article
Brosal said Shannon offered the money on Feb. 2, when the Mechanics played the Generals in Flint. It was Shannon's first game with the Mechanics after he was named head coach the day before.
He has idiotic ideas because he is friends with the NHLPA players hired.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Oh whoops my bad! Pretty suspicious then..

I have so much reading to do that my skimming skills betray me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad