GDT: Boston vs Chicago gdt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
We aren't going to get as many calls for a few games with the whole Keith thing but there was a lot of clutching and grabing.

Anyone shocked at how fast Chara has fallen off?

I am pretty sure all goals are reviewed.

The Kruger offsides I am not mad at because it was so close. Errors happen. I personally don't want the game slowed down that much but that is just me. I think the reviews should only be for the scoring play (Goalie int, puck kicked in, high stick, etc) and not an off sides 30 seconds earlier. I could be in the minority on this.

Yeah regarding the Keith suspension sadly i'm afraid your right i hadn't though of that, not going to help our cause. I guess the offside call is that the whistle blew before the puck went in? so i guess those can't be over turned regardless if it was a goal? is this correct?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah regarding the Keith suspension sadly i'm afraid your right i hadn't though of that, not going to help our cause. I guess the offside call is that the whistle blew before the puck went in? so i guess those can't be over turned regardless if it was a goal? is this correct?

Correct.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Anybody who would be profoundly upset if McDavid won the Caulder are out of their minds.

McDavid has zero chance of winning the Calder.

He's been very good, but not so much better in half a season that anyone will forget Panarin's also very good season.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Are you still calling a first round exit, or are you "switching" your prediction?

Yes I am. Especially with 2 being out.

This team doesn't have enough NHL d men. And none of us know what Crawford's status truly is or what he'll be like. At this point, I think Dal and Stl are just more complete teams.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
We aren't going to get as many calls for a few games with the whole Keith thing but there was a lot of clutching and grabing.

Anyone shocked at how fast Chara has fallen off?

I am pretty sure all goals are reviewed.

The Kruger offsides I am not mad at because it was so close. Errors happen. I personally don't want the game slowed down that much but that is just me. I think the reviews should only be for the scoring play (Goalie int, puck kicked in, high stick, etc) and not an off sides 30 seconds earlier. I could be in the minority on this.

I don't think it would slow down. Hell, No refs on an iPad mini. The minute the lamp is lit, it goes to Toronto. The review will be done by the time Chelsea Dagger is over.

The Marchand kick was clear as day.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think it would slow down. Hell, No refs on an iPad mini. The minute the lamp is lit, it goes to Toronto. The review will be done by the time Chelsea Dagger is over.

The Marchand kick was clear as day.

I am talking about offsides replays were seeing. I think those are a joke that teams can use a replay on a plays that are 10+ seconds before the goal even goes in.

I thought the kick goal was a terrible call.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I had the most magical dream, where the Blackhawks lineup was:

Ladd-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Kopitar-Kane
Fleishman-Bergeron-Teravainen
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
First he'd have to get their contracts voided by planting coke on them or something.....

I think it could work!

Their professional athletes. They probably have their own highly illegal substances. Border control just needs to catch 'em like they did Richards. :D

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Yeah just unreal...then make it here? to his home town team? :amazed: :amazed:

It's a great story. It's amazing to actually see the list:

North Iowa Outlaws
Capital District Selects
Indiana Ice
University of Maine
Louisiana IceGators
Mississippi RiverKings
Florida Everblades
Wichita Thunder
Wheeling Nailers
Hamilton Bulldogs
Milwaukee Admirals
Cincinnati Cyclones
Rockford IceHogs
Chicago Blackhawks :laugh:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It's a great story. It's amazing to actually see the list:

North Iowa Outlaws
Capital District Selects
Indiana Ice
University of Maine
Louisiana IceGators
Mississippi RiverKings
Florida Everblades
Wichita Thunder
Wheeling Nailers
Hamilton Bulldogs
Milwaukee Admirals
Cincinnati Cyclones
Rockford IceHogs
Chicago Blackhawks :laugh:

Bruins fan.
I just love stories like that. 'Mom, Dad. I'm living in Louisiana now.' 'Witchita, I guess.' 'I'm in Hamilton. Up somewhere near Toronto.' 'Cincinnati.'
But then to make it. Hard not to cheer for him.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Can't really comment on that. They did impact two goals though.
Bostons 4th goal was a clear soccer kick and refs missed it. Kruger was onside on the EN and should have been Kane's 5th point.

Just like football, every scoring play should be reviewed

I disagree on both points. Marchand did have a kicking motion but by the time the puck arrived the motion had stopped and he guided it in.

As for this replay nonsense:
1/ offsides should not be part of it
2/ The loss of a time-out is not enough if the play is deemed legal. The team should get a delay of game penalty, IMO.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I disagree on both points. Marchand did have a kicking motion but by the time the puck arrived the motion had stopped and he guided it in.

As for this replay nonsense:
1/ offsides should not be part of it
2/ The loss of a time-out is not enough if the play is deemed legal. The team should get a delay of game penalty, IMO.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I watch a LOT of hockey. Every single Hawks game and pretty much any game that's on NHL/NBCS and whatever is on the app at night.

I can't recall another goal I've seen this season that had a MORE distinct kicking motion than that goal. If there was a case study for 'clear kicking motion', it was that goal.

For all of the ref slobbing that was going on because some guy I don't know about or care about was striping his final game, the fact is, their calls impacted not one but TWO goals. One of which would have meant a milestone for Kane - his first 5 point game.

I can deal with missed interference calls or a missed cross check. Being wrong on not one, but two goals is a VERY big deal in an NHL game.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ My initial reaction was the same as yours, but take another look. What I saw was the puck didn't arrive during the kicking motion but afterward - Marchand steering it in with his foot was perfectly legal. To me the surprising part was that the official got it right in real time.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
I missed this game and just now saw the highlights, including Breadman with an absolute howitzer from 20' out. No human can stop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce